It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Pope's name chosen to fulfill the Malachy prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
After much reading on the subject, I suspect that the name Benedict XVI was chosen to fufill the Malachy prophecy.

Glory of the Olive. The Order of St Benedict are known an Olivetans.

Simply choosing that name is enough to fulfill yet another Malachy prophecy.

I am not Catholic, nor I am very religous. I do not want to judge a man by his past, but something about Ratzinger sets off alarms to me. If there was ever a Pope that I would consider a possible false prophet, it would be him.

I understand that he didnt have a choice about being in the Hitler youth, but when he was drafted into the Nazi army, a person of deep religous beliefs would have risked death rather than joining the Nazi cause.

It has also been stated that he said they used the fact that they were studying the priesthood to avoid being put in the SS, but they should have never been at that point in the first place.

I am not sure that this is man of God, rather than a man who has used the name of God for personal reason, and now He is the pope.

Just my 2 cents worth.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the new pope.

I think they just wanted a guy to hold the line for a few years, they know many catholics want change but their just not ready for it.

The guy is 78 years old, it's doubtful he'll last too long. I'm sure the church will be happy to have another media circus around his death in a few years.

You may not like him, but I'm sure he'll continue to encourage catholics around the world not to wear condoms. Why worry about AIDS when you have eternal salvation.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The adding Up thing to "666" is No Longer Possible due to He Didnt Just Have a I In His Name to Make it go from 665 to 666.....Have to add a 1 + 15 so thats No Longer a Prediction Ends Up Being 681

Next is You Have to Check the Other 15 Benedicts to See if any Of them Were in the Olivtene Order...If they Were then Basically The Prophecy Makes No Sense! Because any of the Other ones in that Order could have ended the World Just as Much!

Just a Thought!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
> After much reading on the subject, I suspect that the name Benedict XVI
> was chosen to fufill the Malachy prophecy.
> Glory of the Olive. The Order of St Benedict are known an Olivetans.

Benedict XVI (or just XVI (ksvi) as I call him, because its funny) have nothing to do with the Order of Benedict and thus there are no link to the olive. Some newspapers call him 'Panzerpope', I am unsure why they name him so (its supposedly XVI's supporters that name him so).

This prophesy is proven wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Joseph Ratzinger, with his own words explained why he chose the name Benedict. Its in honor of Pope Benedict XV, who "reigned" during the WW1 and attempted to bring Peace to the world.... the explanation to th St. Malchy's prophecy may right there... He is the " Olive's Glory" simply because he is honouring a previous "Pecae Maker"... the symbol of Peace is the Dove with an Olive brench...so... it may be as simple as that, or it may be a litle deeper.................................... we shall see

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think the new pope already has many things pointing toward the Gloria olivae prophecy being fulfilled by him. But, remember, he can fulfill the prophecy at any time during his papacy, so those who doubt that he fulfills the prophecy now can't discount it yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickinVa
...something about Ratzinger sets off alarms to me.

Me too, man, he just ... LOOKS weird ... those eyes, man... Those dark eyes.

I understand that he didnt have a choice about being in the Hitler youth, but when he was drafted into the Nazi army, a person of deep religous beliefs would have risked death rather than joining the Nazi cause.

Most German soldiers didn't fight for "the Nazi cause." If they fought for a cause, it was for a patriotic, nationalistic cause and not a Jew-killing cause. It is important to know the differences between Nazis and German soldiers. The average German soldier might or might not have been racist, but the Jewish concentration camps were more "shrouded in rumour" than "explicitly ackowledged" among German soldiers.

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
He is the " Olive's Glory" simply because he is honouring a previous "Pecae Maker"... the symbol of Peace is the Dove with an Olive brench

That is, no doubt, quite a stretch.

Zip

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is all the proof, I need.

From a website over a month ago
www.catholicplanet.com...

The Future and the Popes

The Church will experience an event that will begin to transfigure the Church to greater holiness. Pope Benedict XVI will be Pope at that time. Very soon after that event, Pope Benedict XVI will suggest to the world that three booths, that is, three places, be built in Jerusalem: a Temple, a Church, and a Mosque. He will suggest that the city of Jerusalem become a place of peace and of worship for all three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

f. Pope Benedict XVI will die prior to, or at the very beginning of, World War III. Therefore, he will die in either 2009 or 2010. His reign will be short, like the reign of the holy Pope who reigns after him. I am not certain when Pope Benedict's reign will begin. He must have some number of years in his brief reign, to accomplish his tasks of peace-making. He must therefore be elected soon.

This is what was written today about the pope.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20050421/ap_on_re_eu/pope_s_health

Pope Predicted a Short Reign to Cardinals

Benedict himself referred to his tenure in comments to cardinals just after his election Tuesday, when he explained his choice of name. Pope Benedict XV, who served from 1914 to 1922, worked to prevent World War I during his brief pontificate.

Several cardinals, however, acknowledged that Benedict's term will be marked in years, not decades, and that he likely will not be the globe-trotting pope that John Paul became after taking the helm of the Roman Catholic Church at age 58.

Chicago Cardinal Francis George said Ratzinger, who had repeatedly asked John Paul to let him retire, told the cardinals, "I too hope in this short reign to be a man of peace."

But Ratzinger, the oldest pope elected since Clement XII in 1730, was clearly chosen as a transitional pope who would fulfill the unfinished business of John Paul's 26-year yet not be another long-term pontiff.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've been wondering if the whole 2 popes after the black pope thing works against the African cardinal, don’t know his the man but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, he may never get the papacy even is just to avoid people from speculation about the prophecy coming to pass.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:48 AM
link   
St Benedict XV1.......
Quote///
the last Pope Benedict, Benedict XV (1914-1922), one who tried to reconcile Catholic modernists and Catholic traditionalists, hated Orthodox Russia.
He not only rejoiced at her fall,
but immediately, in 1917, set up institutions to preach Catholicism there, and in 1920 saw the Turkish government,
that had committed genocide against Armenian and Greek Christians alike, erect a statue in gratitude to him.

The fact that this election has come on the feast-day of St Methodius,
the ninth-century Apostle of the Slavs and Archbishop of Moravia, is not a good sign either.
In his life, St Methodius was tortured and tormented by Bavarian clergy, especially the Archbishop of Salzburg,
for not confessing the heretical filioque. He suffered much at the hands of German bishops and was forbidden by the then Pope John VIII to celebrate in the language of his people.
Orthodox cannot forget that it was the German popes of the eleventh century who first cut off Western Europe from Jerusalem and Orthodoxy.

www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk...

helen....

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
He's already fulfilled the prophecy in several ways, but the most striking is the personal motto he's chosen for his papacy, "peace" (the olive branch).

Source: Wikipedia
Pope Benedict XVI (Gloria Olivae)

The next motto is Gloria Olivae, the glory of the olive. Prior to the papal conclave, this motto led to speculation that the next pontiff would be from the Order of Saint Benedict, whose symbols include the olive branch. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, selected in April 2005, is not a Benedictine, but did pick Benedict XVI as his papal name, which might be regarded as a fulfillment of this prophecy.

Yet there can also be a different meaning. Pope Benedict had his birthday on the 16th April and on that day is celebrated the feast of Saint Benedict Joseph Labrè (26 March 1748 - 16 April 1783), also known as the Holy Pilgrim. His first name was already Joseph and together with Benedict, which he has now assumed, his Christian namesake is now complete. Moreover, the Order of St Benedict is also known as that of the Olivetans.

Alternatively, less specific interpreters have predicted that the next pope will promote world peace (as in an olive branch). Pope Benedict XVI has chosen "Pax" (peace) as his papal motto.

There had already been, before the election of pope, a concomitance in two unrelated events occurring on the opening date of the 2005 Conclaves. First, a Turkish presidential candidate won overnight the northern Cyprus elections favouring re-unification peace talks of the two sectors; the Cyprus flag has two inter-locking olive branches in it. Secondly, the Italian Prime Minister has seriously been considering resigning and holding early general elections succumbing to pressure from the leftist opposition called l'Ulivo.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I suspect that the name Benedict XVI was chosen to fufill the Malachy prophecy.

You mean that he went out of his way to make the Malachy prophecy
fulfilled? Why? What purpose would it serve him or the church to
forcefully fulfill an obscure prophecy? A prophecy that most of the world dismisses? What would they have to gain from doing this?

I am not sure that this is man of God, rather than a man who has used the name of God for personal reason, and now He is the pope.

Why? Because when he was a kid he was (forcefully) enrolled in the
Hitler Youth? All the kids were. It was the same as registered your
child for school. His family was anti-nazi. His father was an anti-
nazi policeman who moved the family frequently because he feared
for them ... because they were anti-nazis.

The Simon Wienenthal Center has no problem with Ratzinger's having
been in the Hitler Youth. There is no problem there.

If he used the name of God for 'personal' reasons as you suggest ...
like to get out of being in trouble with the Nazi's or whatever .. that long
ago would have fallen apart and he would have left the priesthood.
He wouldn't have stayed in for 60 years. There would have been no
reason to stay once the danger passed.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The thing that stuck out for me was when the media quoted him as saying he was a "simple, humble worker in God's vineyard".

And yeah there is something strange about him with those eyes. Just weird looking.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Lanotom]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Now im not Roman Catholic.....

According the prophecy of S.Malachy and according to this web site......
quote///. In all, Malachy described 111 popes.
www.newswithviews.com...
So if this is true of Saint Malachy and his prediction, then the last Pope of ROME is the one that has been elected Pope of Rome......

He says that the 111th Pope is the LAST ..........note alot of elevens coming up....(ok, not sure why i mentioned this)
I dont nessasarily beleive all that is wrotten in the above mentioned web site//////

The prophecies of many Orthodox Saints......have ALL said that CONSTANtinople will be the Last standing before the end .......
In order for this to happen, Turkey will be at War.......
Which I have in previous posts mentioned.......all prophecy to be considered TRUTH must be ALL truth or not at all.
helen....

The Pope cannot be the Antichrist.....he cannot say that he is God, if he does, then yeh .......but the Pope or any other ''religious figure'' cannot be the Antichrist.....
The Pope can be a type of false prophet but not the Anti.......

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I wouldn't worry too much about the new pope.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with an ex-nazi pope whose views on modern issues are straight from the papal playbook of the 1200's? Nothing I tell ya!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"He's already fulfilled the prophecy in several ways, but the most striking is the personal motto he's chosen for his papacy, "peace" (the olive branch). "

the pope is preaching peace !

its the end of days !

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
^^ God, someone should really confirm that...
Then i can definitively stop working.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky003
The adding Up thing to "666" is No Longer Possible due to He Didnt Just Have a I In His Name to Make it go from 665 to 666.....Have to add a 1 + 15 so thats No Longer a Prediction Ends Up Being 681

Next is You Have to Check the Other 15 Benedicts to See if any Of them Were in the Olivtene Order...If they Were then Basically The Prophecy Makes No Sense! Because any of the Other ones in that Order could have ended the World Just as Much!

Just a Thought!

it wasn't possible when you found out it started from 1798... what a dumb idea that was.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Could soeone post a picture of the new pope, i cant seem to find one of him, thankyou!
-Dani

new topics

top topics

join