It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor - No need to worry?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
doesn't it say something about a topic if you have to resort to these theories to support it, when there is a picture in a thread on this board that proves its a hoax ?

John Titor: Hoax

lol, I meant the "time machine" that H2zero found. OK, I guess that makes 2 pictures that proove the hoax !

[edit on 2-2-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The hard case has nothing at all to do with the Titor story, and supplying it as evidence when the two cases are quite different is deceitful.

For example, the case in the titor picture has an indentation in the middle and two upraised edges on either side. I do not see that in the picture of the hard case someone provided.

As for the laser photo, that has been rehashed time and time again, but no skeptics are willing to believe that what they know about laser lights may be outdated by 2036, or that the distortion around the vehicle might affect that laser light in any way. So let's dismiss the photo as a lie right now, I will concede Titor Lied about the photo.

Does it really matter all that much? Syrinx, CmdrKeen, this particular thread has nothing at all to do with John Titor being a prophet. I would argue you're being foolish if you believed he was. This has nothing at all to do with if he was a time traveler. I would argue that if you believed it, you'd be a fool.

This particular, specific thread is about his story... and if it bears any resemblance WHATSOEVER to the events unfolding before us. He doesn't have to be a time traveller for any of us to do that. Who cares if he was? He's gone now, and is not coming back so it's useless to argue about.

I would argue that you guys spend far too much energy trying to prove Titor wrong when him being right isn't even that important. HE didn't care if you believed him.

The fact that so many people latch onto his story and rabidly thump the war drums against eachother is ludicrous. I would rather talk about if Titor's future is a possible one, not if he was a time traveller. I don't care about what hasn't happened, and nobody who is a skeptic is going to believe any evidence presented to them otherwise. MWT is a valid theory, but it's junk science according to you guys. String Theory is a VERY VALID theory, the LARGE HADRON COLLIDER is being built SPECIFICALLY to test that theory, doesn't sound like it's junk science... but if YOU guys say it is, fine, then it is.

So let us please stop talking about whether Titor was a hoax or not, because frankly, I just don't give a damn. I'd like to talk about the State of our Union and where we're going in the future, because I am worried there may be a nuclear conflict coming rather soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCrystalSword
I would argue that you guys spend far too much energy trying to prove Titor wrong when him being right isn't even that important. HE didn't care if you believed him.

I would rather talk about if Titor's future is a possible one, not if he was a time traveller.

The ends justify the means, no? Who cares if someone came and told us he was from the future? Who cares if he told us what the future held for humanity while providing himself more outs than the National Enquirer. Who cares if he's a complete liar? Let's just talk about what he said as though it was possible and what we can do to prevent it!

Why take the effort to disprove him? Why take the effort to post anything on these forums? Why agree, why disagree, why present our ideas, why bother?

I'll tell you why; two words you may be familiar with:

Deny Ignorance.

You're asking for people to stop questioning something that is so full of holes it makes a sponge look solid, and just discuss his ideas. You're asking people to turn away from this website's motto and assume ignorance to discuss ideas that very well may be completely based on lies. Do we discuss issues raised by the Weekly World News, even though there is no substance to Batboy? Do we just discuss Batboy anyway, never mind the Weekly World News' tendency to...You know, make stuff up? We have here an individual whose credibility is very much in question. You're asking us to ignore that and just assume he's right so we can discuss his ideas. If his ideas are crap, what's the point of pacifying ignorance's ego?

syrinx high priest : So what if all the internals of that device looked exactly the same? The fact is, the casing it was in looks different, and it is the casing the makes the machine, not the actual electronics.

[edit on 2/2/06/02 by junglejake]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I'd argue, JJ... that it isn't important whether he's a hoax or not. Do you disagree? Why is it important to prove or disprove him?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I'd argue, JJ... that it isn't important whether he's a hoax or not. Do you disagree? Why is it important to prove or disprove him?

there a millions of reasons

but for me, its just a diversion in my work day.

how many believers will let go after torino ?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

there a millions of reasons

but for me, its just a diversion in my work day.

how many believers will let go after torino ?

There's no reason to let go because as another member on another board has pointed out, John Titor was 'talking' about the Summer Olympics of 2004 and thereafter.

Here's the post:

(quote)
John Titor specifically named the official Olympics of 2004 and thereafter, otherwise he would have said "after 2006." The official 2004 Olympics was in Greece (Athens). Greece did NOT pass the torch to Italy (Torino) in 2006 but to China (Beijing) in 2008.

John Titor
"As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004."

news.bbc.co.uk...
Greece bids Games farewell
The 2004 Olympic Games officially came to an end in Athens with a spectacular closing ceremony on Sunday. Greek music and dance kicked off an evening of celebration before the flame was extinguished and the flag lowered. A firework display welcomed the athletes into the Olympic Stadium, with double gold-medallist Kelly Holmes carrying Great Britain's flag. The torch has now been passed to China as Beijing prepares to host the Games in 2008.

Without any doubt the torch has been passed to China to host the Games in 2008 and NOT to Italy in 2006.

Whether the Winter Games in 2006 in Torino, Italy will continue or not, will be irrelevant to Titor's prediction.

Furthermore, as he made it clear that we will grow into a civil war, his statement that as "a result of the many conflicts" there will be no official Olympics after 2004 makes perfect sense. So without a doubt, somewhere in 2008 the conflicts will be many and as a result the official olympics every 4 years will be canceled.

Another argument to strengthen my case, is that Titor said that it appears the Games may be revived in 2040. If he would have meant the Winter Games he would have said 2038 or 2042.
(end quote)

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is this guy joking?

They were strictly talking about the summer games in that article. After Torino, they will say something like the torch has passed to Vancover and not Bejing and Vancover will hold the next winter olympic games just as Bejing will hold the next summer. Hence in that article the reference to Bejing and not Torino.
If you knew anything about olympic history you would know winter sports used to be part of the Summer olympics. But, it really didn't make sense to conduct winter sports in the summer so they (the IOC) created the winter olympic games in 1925 (and they classified the International Winter Sports Week the IOC held in 1924 as the first official winter olympic games).
So the winter olympics have been official for getting close to 100 years now. Why all of a sudden do they not count??

Saying they're not official is just yet another laughable attempt by the titorites to escape a reality they may not want. A reality in which their hero Titor doesn't exsist.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
well, if his word is gospel, what about the american civil war of 2004 ?

if he is an unimpeachable resource of accuracy and fact, where are the monthly waco events ?

I'd say there is no need to worry.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

well, if his word is gospel, what about the american civil war of 2004 ?

if he is an unimpeachable resource of accuracy and fact, where are the monthly waco events ?

lol why resort to Titor's American civil war, when he clearly said it happened on his worldline ? Do you not have better tactics to use from H2ZERO thread.

doesn't it say something about a topic if you have to resort to these theories to support it, when there is a picture in a thread on this board that proves its a hoax ?

This is what I was previously saying syrinx, it is these very theories that scientist use, that is used in the Titor story. No I'm not resorting to these theories to support Titor, these theories are already in the story and are still being used by scientist. Hoax or not, the story is using theories from science.

If I could think for you, I wouldn't use the picture example, there are better things you could use. But if you must talk about the picture...then lets talk about it. It seems a Titor thread is no good if we don't have a picture in it lol.

I can understand how you feel about the laser picture, it is speculative and theories are abound. There is a whole thread on this one picture. So I am not going to waste my time on this one picture...neither side can prove other wise.

Constellation bio sensor box picture from H2ZERO thread is an interesting one. Wow! it is a box, but how do you see it as Titors box ? To me it looks more like a guitar box than a Titor box, but we know what it is used for. Anyway we do see a radiation detector on top of Titors box. Constellation does deal with Radiation, Chemical and Biological detection. Who so happens to make boxes for this stuff lol. And we see caution tape on the floor in the Constellation bio sensor box .....

Ok, caution tape is common in most factories and so are boxes right?

But wouldn't you rather see a Constellation box exactly like Titors ? I would like to see one lol

Maybe you can email Constellation Technology and ask or show them a Titor photo, check with there 1999 or 2001 model appearances. I would be very surprised if they email you back lol... but if they do, let me know what they say

Then again Titors radiation detector may be essential for his world in 2036 and the box is a time-machine... or the radiation detector could be used for our world and his box is really a 2000 model bio sensor.

Anyway that is my questions on the boxes.... Oh! ask Constellation Technology if they remember anyone driving a 66-67 Chevrolet Corvette to work.

The 66-67 Chevrolet Corvette picture, what is that about it ? You have suspects, so which suspect drives this car, then again is there suspects ?

So far, who has been blamed........... Oliver Williams, Larry Haber or his teenage son " now " Arkadiusz and Laura Knight-Jadczyk, Jack Sarfatti, Bill Ryan, some guy named Victor and Dick Farley... does any of them drive a 66-67 Chevrolet Corvette.... And if they do what does that prove ?

I find it funny in the past people where so sure who Titor was
........ And now again they are so sure............. Well if they are this time, at least show some hard-core proof. You have many questions that need to be answered.

[edit on 3-2-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
when I heard about the glove OJ left at the house, and the one left at the crime scene, that was enough for me. others saw a frame up

this is the same thing. I see the laser picture, and the lack of any of his predictions coming true, and I see a hoax. you see a time traveller

I don't need to answer any questions, as you mentioned, there are many threads that do that already.

hey philes, do you believe 100% of JT's posts are true and accurate ?

have you purchased any bike tires or survival gear ? In your mind, has the war been going on for 2 years ? if so, you might want to get some protection right ? Will you be mapping out where the nuclear fall out will be worst, so you can move to a safe place ?

or do you just like to debate ?

[edit on 3-2-2006 by syrinx high priest]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I knew you was going to get hung on the laser picture lol.... He did not make much predictions of our future or at least that is the way I see it. What makes you think I see a time traveler ?

If you do not want to answer my questions that is fine. I expected you would say this as well. After all, your comments have no answers in them.

Why does it matter if I believe 100% in JT posts to you ? Do I come off sounding like that ?
Oh... never mind you want answer.

Well giving what has happened after Katrina it would make sense to buy bike tires or survival gear for someone. Where I live at there is plenty of horses and guns
no need to worry for me.... The threat of terrorism is high enough to consider nuclear fall out. At least I will know where your head will be when the Genie comes out of its bottle...

[edit on 3-2-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
so I'll take that as you just like to debate, and don't really believe it is a true account of a time traveller.

anyone that believed we are at war, and there is a pending nuclear holocaust , that has been given an idea of when and where the bombs will drop ahead of time would certainly move right ?

right ?

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Just some of the info that outs John Titor as a fraud:

"John Titor predicts CERN to create black holes" taken from anamolies.net (note the post date)

John Titor

snip....

The source of power for the C204 that allows it to distort and manipulate gravity comes from two microsingularities that were created, captured and cleaned at a much larger and “circular” facility. The dual event horizons of each one and their mass is manipulated by injecting electrons onto the surface of their respective ergospheres. The electricity comes from batteries. The breakthrough that will allow for this technology will occur within a year or so when CERN brings their larger facility online.

snip....

02-01-2001 08:36 AM Profile My Posts Edit IP: Logged

Now, if you look at the CERN Courier and click on the Discovering new dimensions at LHC written on 7 March 2000 you'll find that this information was available for almost a year prior to John's "prediction". Also note that the breaktrough that allows for his "technology" that he supposed was to happen at the larger CERN facility (the Large Hadron Collider or LHC) within a year from when he posted did not come to pass. In fact, the LHC does not even come "online" until sometime in 2007.

He was also asked what the Ginger invention was and some have lauded it as proof. Again...considering this drawing of Ginger was available on the net in 2000 it's not to hard to reason what "IT" was. And authors of other articles written a few weeks prior to JT being asked what "IT" was, were pretty sure it was a some type of scooter by deductive reasoning when going over patents held by Kamen. It was a safe bet if one just did a web search for the most logical answer.

The man and/or woman behind the Titor Hoax is either someone working out a novel or a sad individual with low self esteem and a higher than average IQ looking for attention. If the latter....it's quite sad...a waste of potential.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm not sure it proves him a fraud. All over the internet, yes. He posted a few other links as well. I can't find all of them, one was maybe a CIA paper from the '90's I think. It was a hypothetical of the year 2005. Interestingly it discribed Iraq of having "WMD's."

Another one was about the Z-Machine. Which seems to have somthing to do with a new propulsion system. Not to sure about the source on that last bit.

Just about everything he said was available at the time, just not easily found. I don't doubt he's a fraud, it makes the most sense. I just wonder if he is afraid of his own success and stocking up on bike tires.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

so I'll take that as you just like to debate, and don't really believe it is a true account of a time traveller.

anyone that believed we are at war, and there is a pending nuclear holocaust , that has been given an idea of when and where the bombs will drop ahead of time would certainly move right ?

right ?

You live in the city right ? Then you better move

Anyway...........

Lets just say Laura or Arkadiusz is Titor and is proven to be a hoax. There is still a possibility of worldlines where Arkadiusz is the leader in creating time-travel science and then maybe Constellation Technology builds the boxes for GE, and of course Laura Knight-Jadczyk writes provocative stories in Penthouse Magazine

No matter what picture, physicist or Walt Disney employee that is brought to the table, it can be eaten up by blackhole\worldline theory with a little salt-n-pepper.

The more I think about the scenarios, the stranger the Titor story can become. You know...Something like... I bet Larry Haber son could have fun with a torus generator and make Micky Mouse out of it... and his toy box is the time-machine .
There is indefinitely large number of theories that one can think of.

Maybe in another worldline, I'm reading my favorite section in a newspaper containing John Titor comic strips and having a good laugh lol.......

Or maybe on ATS lol

[edit on 4-2-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FernandoPoo
I'm not sure it proves him a fraud.

It is evidence to the contrary of his claims so yes...it proves a fraudulent statement was made. Fraud...plain and simple. There is no grey area here. Only people with a want to believe. I too, with my skepticism teetering, was drawn in to the story way back when until "holes" in his claims starting popping up. It is a well spun ball of yarn though.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Syrinx: You would be dismissed from any Jury based on the opinion you just presented.

As for the rest, whether Titor is a well spun Yarn or whether he is actually what he claimed, I would argue it is more important to be concerned for your freedoms and liberties since that was the primary cause of the Civil War Titor described.

Let's take a moment and consider his story to be a theory, a sort of look ahead to see what is coming up. Perhaps he was a regular person with time and patience enough to figure out all this information before he started posting... does that mean he was completely wrong, or just ingenuine about where the information came from?

He could be a myriad of different things, but one thing known is that he was at least fairly educated or well read. I am thusly ignoring the statements about when his war started, could *A* war start? In that I believe yes... and not only yes, that it is in its heart inevitable.

Assuming he was not from the future, there's no telling how such a war would play out, but it isn't unlikely that it would play out in the same fashion as he described.

Just because elements of a story are untrue doesn't mean it is something to toss in the trashbin of fiction. 1984 is fiction, Animal Farm is fiction, Atlas Shrugged is fiction, the Da Vinci Code is fiction, and many, many, many other books worth serious consideration are all fiction.

Hoax or not, dismissing John Titor is foolish as his story stil resonates with events unfolding. True or not, it is important to consider his words.

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
less than a week until torino !!!!

here's my view on official olympics;

of·fi·cial ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-fshl)
adj.
Of or relating to an office or a post of authority: official duties.
Authorized by a proper authority; authoritative: official permission.

O·lym·pic ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-lmpk)
adj.
Of or relating to the Olympic Games.

unless the IOC isn't involved, these are official by any definition.

My opinion is that when JT posted official he was making a distinction that they were recognized, formal, and legitimate, and not a sham or substitute, rather than summer vs winter

no need to worry

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UnExpecte

posted on Feb, 7 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnExpecte

www.abovetopsecret.com...

UnExpecte

so the bbc was reporting on titor ? How is that relevant to this discussion ?

I bet I can google and find offficial and winter games in the same sentence......

hey ! heres the IOC declaring winter games official on their official website ? sorry, IOC beats bbc, like a full house beats a pair of 3's

www.olympic.org...

why didn't JT just say summer games ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join