It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Gays Criticize Proposed Foster Parents Ban in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Great post shadowflux, I have some gay friends, and it amazes me to see how many stubborn idiots keep on yelling that being gay is a choice/lifestyle instead of a state some are born in.

Such thinking makes the entire marriage/adoption discussion moot.

I also don't understand how anyone could be afraid or opposing when it comes to gay rights. Gay people fighting for gay rights is essentially the same as black people fighting for black peoples rights.

There are many very harsh and inpolite ways I could explain my opinion on anti-gay people and groups, because what they do and say comes down to being the dumbest and evilest thing in human history, racism and intolerance.

The news regarding this law presents Texas to the world, as one of the many American states where racism and intolerance and hypocracy reign.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Jakko]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the nature aspect is well known.but look back in history.roman times and the hilter times.these humans times did not give you the rights you have now.if you make the churches turn aganist you again like they have done before you will go back to the same place you started.do you want to push this child care to far.that you lose your rights again.womens rights are total not being adressed. if you push to hard you will have to answer to them.i can see you have not looked at the polictical side of this.human rights dont ever live very long without some peace on all sides of the table

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Flukemol:

these humans times did not give you the rights you have now

You're right, as Americans we took our rights by force, which in my opinion is all the more reason to stand up for them

i can see you have not looked at the polictical side of this.

Politics can stay out of my bedroom thank you very much

without some peace on all sides of the table

correct me if I'm wrong but most of the violence has come from the "morally upstanding"

Jakko:

it amazes me to see how many stubborn idiots keep on yelling that being gay is a choice/lifestyle instead of a state some are born in.

And on top of that it's none of their damn business!

Such thinking makes the entire marriage/adoption discussion moot.

I find fault with the fact that it's a discussion at all, though I shouldn't be surprised

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"And on top of that it's none of their damn business! "

most agreeable thing I've read today!!!

weather your talking about sexual orientation, or what I eat, or how I chose to raise my kids.....

we'd be better off if we paid more attention to our own business, and got out of the personal business of others..

and our gov't would be much better off if they'd quit picking up all these stupid issues that won't make a difference one way or the other, and began tackling the important ones that our country has a need to be addresses, matter of fact, it had a need to be changed years ago!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
dawnstar, I almost completely agree with you, but I think to an extent it is others' business how one raises their kids. I mean, if you're raising your kids in a meth lab, teaching them how to spot a cop or something, that's definitely not kosher and people need to step in for that. (Of course, the kids probably would be much further along in chemistry than their classmates, but still...)

I do agree with you that the government has more important things to worry about though. Texas is not exactly on the ball when it comes to a lot of issues, and even if they were there's lots of things that should have a higher level of priority than determining whether homosexuals should raise kids. Why not worry more about teen pregnancy? The welfare system and getting people jobs? Imigration is a big problem in Texas; they need to figure something out with that. What about the education system? That always needs improvement, no matter where your at or how good you think it is. It could always be better.

But none of those are really political hot buttons in anyway, and they have little to do with trying to weed out all the sinners from the state. Of course those won't get touched...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
as a gay male, I grew up in new orleans, LA. you'd be surprised at how bigoted a city that can be given its affinity for "le bonne temps roulez" and Southern Decadence, et al.

in school I was teased. being out at 12 really had little to do with it. I was teased because my family was poor, because of my name, because of the part of the city I grew up in, etc.

to say that foster children shouldn't have to live with gay parents for fear of ridicule is just so moronic an argument that I can see how it can be uttered in the same sentence by the people who say "I'm all FOR gay rights, but!"

children are going to be insulting and demeaning for whatever reason they want to be. I was teased because of my parents, who are both straight, because that's what the little brats DO. they pick on each other.

furthermore, coming from my background of consistent physical and emotional abuse by my parents until I finally moved out on my own at 16, I say that anybody who WANTS to take care of children have every right to because there are an astounding amount of parents who have the right to foster/birth children but in no way should.

I grew up alongside a girl whose parents were a lesbian couple. I have seen the two of them love her the same as any parent ever could. I remember when her mother couldn't come to the hospital when she was having her appendix removed because she wasn't biologically related. I have seen abuses on gay people justified by nothing more than a stupid fantasy novel that makes about as much sense as the Iliad written backwards in Portuguese.

it's time that we stop accepting these attempts by emasculated white men with big suits to control things. don't any of you see that these are the same points of view used to keep black people as slaves, out of "white" schools, out of "white" bathrooms and out of "white" marriages? the enemy's changed but it's the same argument.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Personally I would like to see those kids grow up in an environment wich is less subjected to heated discussion, precisely , for these kids might get picked on in school argument, but I think this is more of a heterosexual soceity not ready for it problem, than of these gay parents....

For me , I find it difficult to pass judgement on this, but in the end I think we have to put the interest of the child above anything else.

BTW: does anybody know a black familly with white adoption children ??? I am asking myselve if those white adoptees will remain kind of outsiders in the black community ??? I know, It really shouldn't be , but it's just the reality they might face, we have to look to the changes of these kids being subjected to complications and any form of bigotry/

I think that you should carefully mix and match adoption kids and adoption parents, I think that for example an south american adoption kid would feel easier to relate to/about him/herselve and or being accepted in the surrounding community/culture in a spanish speaking familly , now maybe we should preferrable match gay adoption kids with gay adoption parents and the heterosexual majority of these kids with heterosexual parents , rumour has it that scientists have determined genes that contribute to being born gay, so Maybe we should start mix and match adoption parents/kids prefferably based on a relatively close matching DNA patterns, for all parties making it easier to fit in under the same umbrella ????

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Silenus]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

it's time that we stop accepting these attempts by emasculated white men with big suits to control things. don't any of you see that these are the same points of view used to keep black people as slaves, out of "white" schools, out of "white" bathrooms and out of "white" marriages? the enemy's changed but it's the same argument.

Yes!!! Exactly!! All day I've been reading posts on the topic of homosexuality posted by straight people. Not only do they miss the point completely they've succeeded in proving my point while totally ignoring it. It baffles me how someone, especially on these boards, could be so blindly ignorant as not to see their own bigotry and hypocrisy. The anti gay mentality is so embedded and so deeply rooted that people simply can't see anything wrong with treating gay people as a lesser citizen. Being gay, we may have rights on paper, but i think it will be a long long time before we have rights in the eyes of most people.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For what little good it does, just remember that there are straight men and women out there, including myself, who support your fight for equal rights...

It's somewhat like a pointillist painting....Far too many people are looking at this issue under a magnifying glass - But if they could step away and look at the bigger picture, they'd see the damage they’re causing and hopefully learn to respect how all pieces of the puzzle, no matter how abstract when separated from the rest of the group form to create a beautiful image....

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Well, I am still sittin on the fence about this issue, but hey what you expect from a bisexual

While obvious, not being your standard narrow minded str8 guy, I prefferable would not feel the need to step on gay rights etc, but my gutfeeling tells me most of these kids are better of in a str8 setting

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I know several people who work with social services (psycholgists) and they all agree... a good parent is better than a bad parent regardless of SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
They have seen such hanous things in "straight" households, that any prejudice is overcome by the possibility of placing a foster child with a caring couple. They also pointed out that right now, many homosexual couples are refused after a background check... (more than they think should be)

so don't think that they are going to throw "normal" kids into a harmful sexually depraved environment. They screen them as much as any other couple. No drugs, No drinking, No pedophiles, no Partys...
just a normal sane household with better taste in drapes...

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenus
Well, I am still sittin on the fence about this issue, but hey what you expect from a bisexual

While obvious, not being your standard narrow minded str8 guy, I prefferable would not feel the need to step on gay rights etc, but my gutfeeling tells me most of these kids are better of in a str8 setting

Sometimes your gutfeeling can be wrong.

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
well read this story.im not going to go to much further but here is what im talking about. a news story below....

news link here

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
well read this story.im not going to go to much further but here is what im talking about. a news story below....

news link here

Ok, I read the story...What's your point? A couple of 6 year old boys got caught experimenting with each other sexually, and a bunch of parents overreacted (as usual). Nothing that I read in the article implied that either child was being raised by gay parents. Hell, one of them probably saw his mom giving his dad a bj, and told his friend about it.

My six year old niece has INSISTED, since she was 3 or 4, that she be referred to as a boy, despite everyone's attempts to encourage her to accept that she is not. If you ask her whether a boy is cute, she shrugs and changes the subject, but if she sees a "sexy lady" her eyes bulge out of her head and she says she is in love. I don't know if this is a phase or not, but I won't be at all surprised if she is a lesbian when she is older.

It might be interesting for you to know that all of the people in her life are straight. The only type of romantic relationships she has been influenced by, are of the straight, opposite sex only variety, yet for some reason she is compelled to identify with the male gender rather than her own.

Now I am not saying that either of these boys, in the news story, are going to be gay when they grow up. In fact, I rather doubt that their gender had a whole lot to do with it. I imagine that, like I said earlier, they saw a guy getting a blow job (maybe it was in his dad's Hustler mag, or through a crack in his parent's door), noticed that it seemed enjoyable, and mentioned it to a friend. Since kids that age often don't have a really strong understanding of what society defines as right/wrong (much less moral/immoral), they wouldn't have seen any reason not to experiment on each other. This is not at all uncommon behavior amongst young children, but the damage caused by the adult's treatment of the situation may haunt these boys the rest of their lives.

Two parents contacted Action 4 News complaining because the little boys were only given counseling and a brief in-school suspension.
However, administrators say considering the students are only six-years old, it is the most they could do.
Child Protective Services was also notified about the incident.

What the hell is wrong with these people? It's a good thing the boys weren't any older or these idiots would have been demanding that they be expelled and sentenced to jail?
"it is the most they could do" says the administration? Awww, to bad their hands were tied due to the age of the perverts...they might've really learned them good.
There was even a police investigation launched, but the immoral tykes avoided having charges filed against them by playing that damned age-card again!

I wonder what the reaction would have been, if the boy was caught getting serviced by a 6 year old girl instead? Would people have considered this to be so shocking or unusual?

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Kids have been "playing doctor" since the beginning of time, what the hell does that have to do with anything? The fact that these people are putting it in the paper and turning it into a phony crisis is what's disturbing, not that two kids were doing the "you show me yours, I'll show you mine" stuff that some kids invariably do.

I guess the little kids ought to be put on sex-offender lists or something?!?

[edit on 23-4-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't know, maybe I grew up in some wierd neighborhood or something, but if they would've found out and suspended every kid that I knew of that had done stuff like that then there wouldn't have been any 1st graders in class. When you're that age you start to wonder about stuff, everything, and sexuality is often one of those. You haven't been filled with all of society's taboos and hatred towards sex or orientation, and you aren't even trying to get kicks or anything. You realize that you have this certain body part, and you wonder if everyone else has the same thing. That doesn't make them gay, that's definitely no reason to get the cops involved. I didn't see anywhere about one of the kids raping the other; that might be cause, but just for playing doctor?

I've experimented in my time; I'll admit that. Even when I was a little older and should have "known better." But I don't think that makes me homosexual. My parents were straight, and my dad was almost down right homophobic. But I don't think a little experimentation makes me gay anymore than having a beer at 15 makes me an alcoholic. It's just part of growing up, and if it wasn't part of your rise to adulthood that doesn't mean it's wierd or evil or anything, you're just a different person.

posted on Apr, 25 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think more energy and effort needs to be spent on making sure parents don't raise their children to be idiots rather than saying gay people shouldn't be parents because the other children will pick on their kids.

Am I the only person who looks at that argument and goes "WHaaaa??"

Silenus, no offense, but as the adage goes if you're not a part of the solution you're a part of the problem. That makes about as much sense to me as gay republicans; it's a dangerous and borderline self-loathing oxymoron that I can't wrap my brain around.

And flukemol, wtf? I won't even qualify that post with a response.

The greater problem is intolerance. Children need to be taught that it's unacceptable to treat gay people, black people, chinese people, jewish people, etc negatively for the sole reason that they're gay black chinese or jewish. That's the responsibility of the PARENT. To make sure their kid doesn't grow up to be a bastard. That's not the right of legislation. Especially when it's designed to protect foster children from the mean boys at school who don't like their lesbian parents. How anybody can argue that removing lesbians from the equation fixes the problem without giving a silent nod to the mean boys that their behavior is okay is definitely an argument on a level my mind doesn't work with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join