It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Life Rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Origanally posted by [I]"Pissed Of Americans":[I]

Other Basic Rules about life:

1. Listen First to Your Family, then to your friends.

2. Don't believe the TV news or Newspapers. Follow the money. If you want to find out why something happened, find out who will make money from it.

3. You don't need the government to do things for you. Everything that the government takes over from the people gets worse.

4. Governments steal your rights a little bit at a time. It starts off with "we're just gonna do this to protect you" and ends up with "give us that, you don't need it!"

5. Your country is not the same as your government. Love your country. If you aren't happy with the government, change it.

6. Don't lie. Your word is your honor. Nobody can take that unless you let them.

7. If for some reason someone does something for you without you asking them to, ask yourself, why would they do that, what do they want?

8. Show respect for authority, but it's okay to question it. Just because a cop says something, doesn't mean it's true. People will take you more seriously if you don't look like a smart ass.

9. Get a job, and whatever it is, do it well. Demostrate that you know how to think, not that you know how to talk back.

10. When you make decisions, use logic, reason and facts, not what you feel. Facts kick Feelings' ass every time. Emotional decisions are rarely right ones.

11. If you want to know about something or aren't sure what to do, , ask. If you can, ask someone who is much older that you respect. I asked an 80 year old man whether I should go to an Aunt's funeral that I didn't want to go to. He said that although I'd wouldn't do myself or her any good, I should go to show her family I respected her, and make them take the loss better.

12. Read at least one good book a year. I don't mean action or love stories, I mean classics. I highly recommend "The Cather In The Rye" by J.D. Salinger.

While I don't agree with some of these, I think it's pretty sound advice. I also think a good life rule is to always remain aware. Being aware of your surroundings, reading people you talk to and always thinking both positively and negatively. What I mean by that is making sure you can see the negative side of a situation and the positve side of the same situation, then judging from what you know about the person and his body language (if it's face-to-face).

Anyone else have life rules that they follow.

arc

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
there's some good advice posted there.

One I always try to live by is that everything you experience is a lesson. Bad events can always be turned to your advantage, even if its only discovering your own reserves.

Another is that everything you give out comes back to you threefold.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I disagree with number 1 and 10, but most of them are good advices.

I'd add "Don't take everything too seriously. You'll never get out alive."

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good points.

I would add,

• Keep God, your family, your career, in this order of priority.

• You can't take it with you, use your money to help others less fortunate than yourself instead of consuming it on conspicious consumption.

• For your own sake lighten up, life is meant to be fun, and is frequently funny.

• You can't judge another until you walk in their shoes, and people generally try and do their best to the limits of their ability.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Netchicken

"Keep God, your family, your career, in this order of priority. "

This just can't apply to everyone. How 'bout people who believe everything is energy, and there's no god, as in an entity, or something to idol, but simply life, this great energy that is part of everything, but hold controls on NO thing.

But let's say I'm a believer in 'a god'. I should place god BEFORE my familly ?! Wt...

top topics

join