It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mega volcano eruption imminent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.indiadaily.com...
If it happens consider ww3,anti christ to be nonsense.I relly want to see the people's reaction when it becomes clear that humnaity would die because of a mega volcano which is not predicted in the bible,nostradamus.It would mean that everything is not written.

[edit on 19-4-2005 by warthog911]

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hey there are alot of threads that mention this already... in fact i think i saw your post in Volcano Wath 05... but i will respond anyway coz i feel it is a serious issue needing addressing.

Lake Toba in Sumatra lies east of the Subduction Fault line that is the fault where the Indo-Australian Plate and the Bumese Plate meet. Now becasue the Australian Plate subducts under the Burmese plate any volcano on the east side of the plate (I.e anywhere on sumatra) is subject to lare build ups of Magma unless the pressure is regularly released...

Now when earthquakes, like the boxing day quake, occur, a portion of the sea floor sinks under the Burma plate... with it goes alot of water... if there are a series of quakes in succesion, and no volacnic activity, the water (which has turned into steam due to the heat in various magma chambers) stays under ground... now if the steam gets trapped in a magma chamber (usually occuring under volcanos) and the pressure builds for too long, there is a high chance of a higly explosive volcanic eruption... similar to Krakatoa in 1883... i suggest you all read Krakatoa by Simon Winchester as it explains the process in some depth...

Krakatoa

Subduction Zone explanation with article on Sumatra

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Thats scary stuff. Anybody know if there is a computer model showing the effect of the eruption 74,000 years ago? I mean, will there be a tsunami hit the states? If so, how far and in what direction will it travel, ect?
Also can anyone tell me if there is any type of Toba histor links on the www. Can't seem to find any on the history of such.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I don't know if the tsunami would even matter. The dramatic climate change that follows will be the big news.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Not a very reputable source i am afraid. I strongly believe that something weird is going on seismically but i do not believe one word that India Daily has to say.

Thee bottom link on the page you posted tells us all about the aliens being in control of the tsunami.....well Haarp maybe, aliens well....well I don't think so.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Not a very reputable source i am afraid. I strongly believe that something weird is going on seismically but i do not believe one word that India Daily has to say.

Thee bottom link on the page you posted tells us all about the aliens being in control of the tsunami.....well Haarp maybe, aliens well....well I don't think so.

i agree,
i have to question the source aswell due to the link about aliens controlling the tsunami.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
For me the hardest thing to swallow about that article is how poorly it is written. It may be a translation problem. But remember an Aussie news agency reported this stuff first.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Great, this is just what I need: to hear about a super-volcanoe that threatens the survival of mankind so that I can hear about every religous zealout nut rant on about "I told you so" or "this is of your creation" or some piece of total BS in which they frivolously try to relate this pseudo-science article to their beliefs. "well my god told me this was going to happen because you invaded Iraq" or even worse, having to walk by books in B&N by Sylvia Browne claiming she saw all of this years ago.
Go ahead and give me 9.0 tremors, ash across the sky, and storms of molten steel anyday over what is going to end up in the press.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

I second that on both fronts. There's definitely something going on, but I doubt India Daily is somewhere I'd look for answers. I've become more into watching for siesmic activity, and it seems like there's definitely a lot going on around the Pacific Rim as a whole. Has it always been as active as it has lately? I mean, even before the 12/26 Sumatra event, there was a ton of little earthquakes from California, up the West Coast, around to Japan, etc. The USGS activity maps in a lot of areas have looked more like abstract art than a map.

join