It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What I REALLY wanna know...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   
If Masonry strived to be as Good as it could be as a whole, wouldn't it ALLOW for the recruiting of those UNAWARE of its benefits to Good men?

Wouldn't a part of your obligations be to make sure other moral men were working towards the same goals of charity, truth, and brotherhood?

Or does Freemasonry just re-adjust the way you look at strangers, already a Brother, or just a nobody?

And so, with the 14th degree in the Scottish Rite being significant (for being 2 MORE important numbers added together, 11+3, the other significant Scottish Rite degree of course being 11x3, 33 degree)

So here's some math for you, take 11, divide it by 3, and in addition to 3, tell me what is the OTHER number that is being praised (not saying it ain't a special number) when 11 and 3 are SHOWCASED.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
If Masonry strived to be as Good as it could be as a whole, wouldn't it ALLOW for the recruiting of those UNAWARE of its benefits to Good men?

What are you talking about!? It does not forbid a man from joining if he is unaware that masonry helps good men be better men. It only forbids women, atheists, and immoral men. This is a silly question and it makes no sense, as do many of your questions whenever you try to derail threads.

Wouldn't a part of your obligations be to make sure other moral men were working towards the same goals of charity, truth, and brotherhood?

They do.

And so, with the 14th degree in the Scottish Rite being significant (for being 2 MORE important numbers added together, 11+3, the other significant Scottish Rite degree of course being 11x3, 33 degree)

11 has absolutely no significance in Freemasonry.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Just for a laugh I'm going to pretend that you're actually being serious and that you really want to know the answers to these questions, despite your strong track record to the contrary.

Not for the first time you completely have the wrong end of the stick. Freemasonry itself doesn't strive to be anything, it simply is. Freemasons strive to become better people. There is a quite fundamental difference between Freemasonry and Freemasons which you have completely failed to grasp despite it being laid out for you on several occasions.

As seb said, anyone can join freemasonry. But surely you would agree that people who don't understand its benefits would be less likely to want to join than those who do. This is, of course, the same for any other group or organisation.

The only obligation I took was to protect the 'methods of recognition'. This has been made clear on several occasions but yet you insist on obfuscating and sowing confusion wherever you can.

Or does Freemasonry just re-adjust the way you look at strangers, already a Brother, or just a nobody?

Freemasonry can readjust the way we look at ourselves.

... 14th degree ... Scottish Rite ... significant ... 11+3 ... significant ... 11x3 ... take 11, divide it by 3 ... 11 and 3 are SHOWCASED.

I can no longer mantain my facade of taking you seriously. Not only do you insist on talking about Additional Orders instead of the real deal, you go off on a numbers game which (and please don't be too surprised when I tell you this) has no bearing on freemasonry.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
But now, you said it works entirely on an individual level.

The question still applies: If your friend, whom you already considered a Brother, did not know anything about Freemasonry, wouldn't you have a duty, or feel compelled in the least, to lead this man to Freemasonry, if for no other reason than you already enjoy the person's company, and have found him to be moral?

So if it is only individual Masons, then surely it is decided on an individual basis who to tell, and who not to?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   

The question still applies: If your friend, whom you already considered a Brother, did not know anything about Freemasonry, wouldn't you have a duty, or feel compelled in the least, to lead this man to Freemasonry, if for no other reason than you already enjoy the person's company, and have found him to be moral?

Obviously it would be nice for him to become a freemason. I would certainly want to educate him about freemasonry, but it is ultimately his choice if he wants to join. It would be quite wrong of me to pressurise him as men must come to freemasonry of their own free will and accord. This is why people must ask, rather than be asked, to join.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So if it is only individual Masons, then surely it is decided on an individual basis who to tell, and who not to?

We are told to use our own judgement, and to only lead men to masonry that will ultimately give a good name to the fraternity. I have introduced many friends to masonry, but only because they have asked me about it. As masons, we do not recruit and therefore I will not attempt to change someone's mind about masonry for the purpose of getting them to join.

Sure, it would be nice to have some people I know as members. If they ever want to be a Freemason, they will let me know

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join