It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hi all, I have a question and please bear with me I am new at this. In 1980 or possibly 1981 I was driving through Iowa. I am not a fan of country music so I was desperately looking for any radio station not country. I finally settled on a public radio station and as I was listening I heard something odd. In 1937 or there abouts there was a woman in Iowa (i believe she was from there) that claimed to have been taken aboard a spaceship. I am not sure what she claimed happened after that. The authorities thought she was nuts. She was never taken seriously. She drew a map of where the star was these aliens claimed to have been from. Again they thought she was nuts. Apparently in or around 1980 telescopes were developed that were powerful enough to look in the skies to the part and point she claimed they were from. Low and behold they did indeed find something there they did not know existed before then. It was exactly where she said it was. Does anyone know of this story or where I might find more information on it ? In all these years I have never forgotten this story and would like to research it further. Thanks for your help. Jane

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I believe the person you are looking for is Betty Hill, the famous first abduction case.

Sorry it is not the Hill case.. I will look into this though

[edit on 18-4-2005 by robertfenix]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I think you had it right. It was the Betty and Barney Hill abduction. But it occured in 1964, and the star system was Zeta Reticuli, discovered in 1969. It was the well known case that has held up over decades.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Actually she said 1937 and the woman was from Iowa. Betty and Barney hill's experience took plce in the 1960s and they were from a New England state....I believe Conneticut, New York or Massachussetts...........

This could be a case of an encounter with greys that was dismissed which occured 30 years before the Hills incident.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hello again. I would like to thank you for your replies. I am positive that it was 1937. There was no mention of a husband or anyone else being involved, just her. I have searched the internet everyway I know how but cannot seem to find anything about it. I will keep loooking and if I do find it I will post it. Thanks all. Jane

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think some posts are missing from the day before. I think Gazrok was onto something. Hopefully he'll see this and reply.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It sounds nearly identical to the Hill case, but I searched for any such case in '37, even in the 30's in general. No dice.

The earliest modern abduction case is Antonio Villas Boas, in Brazil, in 1957. The first case to get a lot of notoriety was the Hill case a few years later...in '61 I believe.

Betty Hill did draw a starmap, and it did include stars not then known that were confirmed later. Also, though she and her husband were abducted, he didn't know anything was amiss until after hypnosis (other than that they had missing time, which was why they got hypno therapy anyhow). Initially it was believed that only Betty, not Barney, was abducted, so perhaps that's the basis for the confusion? The person on the radio could have simply gotten the date wrong.

EDIT: I'm going to have to do a post on this case sometime....

Betty and Barney Hill

Betty's drawing of the starmap (stars are larger because they were closer in the 3-D projection she was shown, she states) Holograms didn't exist in 1961

Betty's map with stars identified

Betty Hill’s star map is believable because these are not just any 16 suns. They are all YELLOW, except for Tau Eridani 1 and Gliese 86.1 which are slightly above and below the parameter of yellow suns. The conclusions of investigating astronomers indicate that these were Zeta Reticulans seeking out yellow stars. They were traveling to places similar to their home world.

The map is very convincing when one considers that the 16 yellow stars are not randomly scattered all over this imaginary sphere. They are concentrated in one particular area of space that includes our solar system. Professor Mitchell and Marjorie Fish have pointed out that "the stars in the map are almost in a plane; that is, they fill a wheel-shaped volume of space that makes star hopping from one to another easy and is the logical way to go..." Therefore, the Zeta’s exploration and trade route theory is possible. They deliberately bypassed many non-yellow suns (cepheid variables, close binaries and multiples, giants and dwarfs) until they reached the very next yellow sun.

[edit on 22-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
WOW, Gaz any other supporting documents that support the star map, like official astronomical charts etc.....

Okay now I am really intrigued I have not seen those two star maps together like that before. If they come from a planet that is similar in ours in the way of orbiting a similar yellow sun, it very well may be that they aliens really may look a lot like humans, depending on their evolutionary tract of course.

IF you can find current star charts that match to the Hill drawing I would say that the case is pretty well closed with respect to extra terrestrials being a reality.

This would mean that in some fashion that Betty Hill did indeed interact with some sort of intelligent life form that has prior knowledge of the universe outside of what man knows..... However that would have manifested either by GOD or by some glitch in the fabric of space time or in fact a very special interaction with another intelligent life form from another planet.

To me this means that they are looking for an uninhabited planet with the right climate.

Can you give further explanation as to why the heavy tube like drawing from the Zeta planets or stars to the 4 main branches as it were. Do you think these could be active trading colonies or outposts and then from there on out are hops to other yellow sun systems that have yet to be "populated" ????

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Take it with a healthy dose of skepticism. The radio station claimed in 1980 it was a 1937 story. The 1937 date could be a detail added while writing the story decades later. Even eyewitnesses are unreliable after a time lag of that many years. Confabulation is a real phenomenom.

You didn't say whether the station was NPR or a local public station. In the early 80's public radio did not have the best journalistic reputation. Many argue it doesn't now.

new topics

top topics

join