It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something i found regarding Bob Lazar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Though i know that it is hard to beleve the good man Bob but look at this

www.menphis75.com...

Vevlet

apc

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
What did he work there for like a day?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Maybe he was paid for a week's worth of disinformation and obfuscation. Note the Navy Department of Intelligence address is in D.C.

Zip

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
There's no such agency. Oh yeah -- it's top secret and not listed in any telephone directory. But if it is so secret why is it listed on a W-2 form?

At one point lazar claimed he worked for a contractor. But if he worked for a contractor why is a government agency's name listed as his employer? His employer would be the contractor. And Area51 is on an Air Force facility, not Navy.

And why is the form the civilian version if he worked for the Navy? Federal agencies use a slightly different version of the W-2.

lazar is a phony, a fraud, and a fake. Just like this W-2. It's not even a good fake. Kinda amateurish.

apc

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ah so this guy is some Area 51 UFO job?
Ive never even heard of him...
Thats funny.

> btw dave, you're right there is no such department (google). And also, I gather from this thread that this was supposed to be proof of contract work for the navy? He wouldn't get a W-2 anyway, he'd get a 1099.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by apc]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Velvet1717
Though i know that it is hard to beleve the good man Bob but look at this

www.menphis75.com...

Vevlet

Seems like a hoax to me. All DoD employees are paid via the Defenense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) - and that is what it says on W-2's

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmm.... No state employer ID. Could be because there's no income tax in NV, but could also be because the forger couldn't find that info easily.

The code at the top ending in MAJ is odd. Shouldn't be anything printed there. I'm guessing the forger wanted to try to use this as proof that he was somehow involved in MAJESTIC - which is BS imo too. In any case, I seriously doubt that program ID #'s would be printed on W-2's.

Maybe things were diferent in 1989, but all federal employees that I know get their paychecks from DFAS (Defense Finance & Accounting Services). The particular agency you work for isn't listed. Plus, I'm fairly sure it would be listed as Department of Navy. Office of Naval intelligence. Perhaps they changed their name? Interestingly, the #1 link in google for "Department of Naval Intelligence" is a Bob Lazar link.

EDIT: I should learn to type faster. Sorry for the repeat info posted while I was composing.

Conclusion: total BS.

[edit on 4/18/2005 by ChemicalLaser]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_54
There's no such agency. Oh yeah -- it's top secret and not listed in any telephone directory. But if it is so secret why is it listed on a W-2 form?

At one point lazar claimed he worked for a contractor. But if he worked for a contractor why is a government agency's name listed as his employer? His employer would be the contractor. And Area51 is on an Air Force facility, not Navy.

And why is the form the civilian version if he worked for the Navy? Federal agencies use a slightly different version of the W-2.

lazar is a phony, a fraud, and a fake. Just like this W-2. It's not even a good fake. Kinda amateurish.

What are you talking about? It's not secret at all, get your facts straight!

Established in 1882, Naval Intelligence is the oldest continuously operating US Intelligence service. Naval Intelligence personnel and products support many customers --- joint warfighter, Navy/Marine Corps operating forces, national-level agencies, and national decision-makers.

From www.intelligence.gov

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It looks like a W-2 for a day work, and also the NI is real, it falls under the intelligence department and now its also called office of.

www.nmic.navy.mil...

www.loyola.edu...

Also back in the 80s the W2s used to look like that now they are smaller.

It can also be a replica or like some say a hoax, but the office does exist taken in consideration that 15 years has passed some changes to the names of the departments and offices has taken place.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
It looks like a W-2 for a day work, and also the NI is real, it falls under the intelligence department and now its also called office of.

www.nmic.navy.mil...

www.loyola.edu...

Also back in the 80s the W2s used to look like that now they are smaller.

It can also be a replica or like some say a hoax, but the office does exist taken in consideration that 15 years has passed some changes to the names of the departments and offices has taken place.

Did you even read your links??

It's the OFFICE of Naval Intelligence, not Bureau. It has had that name since 1882, according to the link you posted. It's unlikely a typo like that would be on a W-2. There is a nomenclature for whether an agency is a bureau, office, commission, department, service, etc.

I was a Fed in 1989. My W-2 from that year does not look like that. It is larger and has more boxes.

lazar is a fraud and should be treated as such. Serious study of this field is hampered by blatant charlatans like him.

[edit on 20-4-2005 by dave_54]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Well taking in consideration that my husband was a Marine for 22 years and now has been working for the defense department for last 6 I think I know very well how the w-2s look like after all I worked for the military while my husband was in the service too.

Yes it could be a hoax, but we will never know.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i think this may be a hoax,
something just doesnt seem right about this at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
It's scanned in ACD Systems Digital Imaging, however, I also found this in the header: Photoshop 3.0.

I'll let you decide, I know little about W-2's, let stand old W-2 forms.

I only got the new ones

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Boy, Bob (Liar) Lazar must be pretty desprate to gain fame! As others have pointed out, the W-2 doesn't look real. Also MAJ, which is short for Majestic (rumored to be a secret program) would NEVER be listed on a W-2. It's just another Lazar Fake. Run along folks, there nothing to see here!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Perhpas somebody should E-mail him and confront him with the paper, and ask him to tell if that is fake or not.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I will give the forger (whoever it is) credit for one detail he got right. According to Mapquest there is a 1000 block of James Lovell St. in Las Vegas. Different zip code, though.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Anyone else think this could be disinformation to try and descredit him.

Wrong code, Maj on the document, photoshop in the headers, it all looks to easy to call him a fraud.

If this just surfaced somewhere, I think its disinfo, if Lazar is claiming its real then it looks like a fraud.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That W-2 has been available for years. I'd be willing to bet that Gazrok could tell you more about it.

[edit on 21-4-2005 by thirddensity]

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

This isn't the only time the DNI has come up in UFOlogy. Admittedly though, it is a potential pitfall. The ONI is one of the oldest intel services around. It is though, often referred to as a "department" in both documents and other such sources, so who knows. It is a valid point of debate though. However, George Knapp, did contact the ONI, and they did admit to a Robert Scott Lazar working for them during the time in question, but any further inquiries came up as classified. Perhaps this would be the route to take for investigating it's validity.

Not necessarily, this would be EG&G who do a lot of the referrals for the base. The various agencies and services sub-contract the base, so it wouldn't be unheard of for EG&G (Lazar had a friend there) to refer out employees. Also, we're dealing with a non-entity if this was truly saucer work anyhow, so trying to apply standard practices to it, may be an exercise in futility.

See the above. We wouldn't be talking a standard agency here. More likely than not, the "agency" would be classified as a civilian cover company perhaps. Many possibilities here.

He wouldn't get a W-2 anyway, he'd get a 1099.

Not if they made him a bona-fide employee. This might have been necessary for any number of reasons. If strictly an independent contractor you would be correct.

Still, with Lazar, there are more questions than answers, and more con than pro. The fact that he knew exactly when and where test flights of unexplained lights would be is certainly something to consider. S-4 is likewise intriguing, as he isn't the only reference (see locations in the SOM1-01 Security Manual document for example).

My bet is on disinfo agent/planned leak, or outright fraud. Just something gnawing on my brain that won't allow me to completely dismiss him, though all logic says I should.

Anyhow, he no longer wants anything to do with the entire subject....

[edit on 21-4-2005 by Gazrok]

apc

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Not if they made him a bona-fide employee.

Yeah I dont know a thing about the man, just what has been said about him in this thread, inferring that he was a contractor. I was a huge UFO nut in my teenage years but I dont really bother with it these days. I love a good conspiracy theory and unexplained "paranormal" mystery, but there's too much garbage to sift through to get even a foggy picture of the truth with this stuff.. just how I feel about the matter anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join