It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something very strange in 40 mins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dunno to class this as weird but about 45 minutes ago, i was standing outside having a cigarette and ive been seeing this star in the same position everynight (could be the star that advisor has been spotting - not sure) so i stand in a certain position where i can see it and smoke my cigarette (this object doesnt move - so i think its a star (A bright one i must include)) so i go back in and finish watching my film (about 40 minutes left to run) the film finishes and i go back out side to have another cigarette and i stand in the same position i did before but this time the star has gone!!!! WTF i say (since from the 1st cigarette to the next one there is no way that this object could of moved anywhere in that as on my 1st cigarette it was just stationary (no flashing lights like what a plane or helicopter would be (1. the actual object is not in any flight path and it stayed there the whole time i had my 1st cigarette and i have seen this star at this location on numerous events 2. it was not a helicopter as that would also have lights and i would hear it - so that rules that out, the sky is clear no a cloud in sight for miles around - so wtf was it, it was there 40 mins ago of having my smoke but when i go out to have another one its gone, the object could not of moved outside of my view as it was quite high up and all the other stars and the moon have moved little since.. from reading advisors post regarding this foreign object it did have a wierd colour flickering through it but that could be light pollution (i live in the UK)

Just thought i would mention this on here as it bewildered the hell out of me, im gonna go out again soon and have a look and see what situation is

a Question tho, obviously as the earth rotates the stars moves and eventually disappear, but within 40 minutes of me smoking there is no way that this could of moved out of my viewable range!! impossible!! aaargh this has really stumped me?? any ideas ???

Thanks

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
hmm how odd! I’m also in the UK and I have seen the same thing on a number of occasions, and I have been trying to figure out what it could be,

Also another UK mod djdohboy has seen this,

i will be intrested to also hear any thoughts on this..

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Has this object ever disappeared on your before ? within 40 minutes there is no way of it vanishing out of my view range, if your in the uk then i would presume the moon is getting quite high and has 2 stars to the left of it top left and bottom left, this object was below the moon and to the right about 60 cm if you measure it

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Has this object ever disappeared on your before ? within 40 minutes

Yes thats the odd thing, every time i have seen this it has been gone within an hour,

2 stars to the left of it top left and bottom left, this object was below the moon

Spot on!

what made me notice this more was the flickering of colors it really seems to stand out

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Also out of curiousity asala, when is the time you have seen it ? have you seen it early on or around 9:20 ish ? im sure ive seen it at different times of the night on different dates on previous cigarette outings

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
i Wound say the times i have seen it would be around 8.30pm and sometimes around 10ish up to 11pm

i have spoke to others UK members hear on ATS and they have seen the same thing...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
well what ever it was its gone, it may show up tomorrow, i just hope its a clear night again

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From what you guys have said, it sounds like you have been watching a sattelite.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
possible, but from my time watching it having a cigarette it didnt move at all , sattelites you will see moving unless its syncronous orbit with our earth, if thats the case it would still be at the same position ?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There is another topic similar to this. Perhaps it might be Jupiter.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Alien Infiltrator]

apc

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Jupiter moves, but not that fast. You can stand there and watch it move tho if you're patient enough

A satellite that you could actually see reflecting light would move pretty quick.
It might be one stationary around the equator if you were looking south and the sun was angled right to manage a good strong reflection.
My guess is space junk. Rotating to give it a shimmering/color changing effect, and eventually either rotating in a way to no longer reflect towards you or got bumped by more of the tons of crap we've got floating up there.
Dunno maybe someones testing low Earth orbital craft

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Where was it in the sky in directions? How high above the horizon was it? What time did you first see it at?

Answer me those and I should be able to tell you what it is pretty easily.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I've too seen those stars but here in Australia they are top and bottom right of the moon.

I'm not assuming anything though.

It could be swamp gas!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Go to www.heavens-above.com..., make a free account, put in your area (lat and long if you have it) and look at the link for Satellites 3.0 Magnitude. You'll see a listing of various satellites and space junk that is visible from where you live for the next 12 hours. Try to correlate the direction and angle of elevation in the chart with the object you're seeing. Some of the objects move very fast, some barely move at all. Some are visible for only a few seconds and some for 15 minutes.

I check that web site every clear night and like to get pictures of all the objects that I can. There is a Lacrosse 3 US recon satellite passing over me around 8:30 tonight and I'm going to try and photograph it. I've got pictures of the Iridium satellites, Delta and Cosmos rocket bodies, the ESA's Envisat, and loads of other stuff.

From your description it sounds like a satellite or some kind of space junk, and Heavens-Above will tell you what it is.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I'm also from the UK, london. And i have seen exactly the same thing as you lot have.

Good to hear other people from UK have seen this and that I'm not going mad!

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Seriously... Put where you are seeing these things! There's about a dozen objects in the sky that this could be any given night.

join