It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there Ever be another Einstein?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not unless we clone him!!!

We do have some truly brilliant scientists alive today, such as Stephen Hawking, I'm not sure whether they match Einstein or not, though. Another thing to consider is in Einstein's day, there were a lot less physics PhDs walking around to compete with, so it was easier to be 'on top' like Einstein was. I think that it's quite likely we will have other people as smart as Einstein around, but we will be less likely to notice them because they will have more competition, and by contrast won't seem as special as Einstein. Also, so many of the physics problems being worked on are being examined by entire teams of researchers (as i think someone said earlier) and it would be extremely difficult for one person to come up with new concepts as Einstein did. I think that of the scientists that I am aware of today, only Hawking might be smarter than Einstein, but my opinion is still that Einstein was smarter.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
THere was a Copernicus after Pythagoras, a Newton after Coepernicus, a Boltzman after Newton, and and Einstein after Boltzman, so shall there be a Frosty after Einstein.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
There has been so many great people in history...and they will continue to come and go.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think that it will be hard to find someone exceeding Einstein. However I think that there have been great minds on par with Einstein, but are not as celebrated. This is because physics is now broken down into many different specialties and is not really comparable to the physics of Einstein's let alone Newton's time. There have been great minds like Feynman and Hawking that have revolutionized their own fields, but because of the complexity of their innovations, it is hard to popularize their acheivements.

I do agree that it will take someone with new math and a Unified Field Theory to exceed Einstein like he exceeded Newton.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join