It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A thought...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't know whether or not this has been discussed before....but I'm going to post this anyway. Excuse the rambling.

Many people have been saying how they believe the Bush admin, in an attempt to draw attention away from their troubles, may plant WMD in Iraq, attempt to trick the people into believing Saddam's dead by using a double, or do something else sneaky and nefarious.

Well, they haven't planted the evidence so far or had some high level Iraqi lie about their being a weapons program. I've been thinking that it's it's not because they are above such things, but because they CAN'T. The reason? Spies.

I'm sure the U.N., Russians, EU, and some other governemnts and organization have "observers" in Iraq. If the US were to make so much as the slightest mistake in the planting of evidence (or whatever), to allow a leak, they would risk being caught. Caught and exposed by people who would absolutely LOVE to embarrass and discredit this adminstration. Well, more than it's already done to itself.

Anyway.... what say you?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think that is a good part of the reason, Flinx, but I wouldn't want to be foreign intelligence in Iraq right now, would you?

Also, I would cite these factors:

1. The general intellect of the population at large in most parts of the world

2. The fact that pre-invasion, the administration said that they knew exactly where to find stores of WMDs, and all those sites have been exhaustively searched either during the UN Weapons Inspections period (over 240 days) and by US inspectors. Result: nix.

Planting would have no credibility whatsoever. Where could they be planted that was previously undetectable?

Remember, the categorical assurance was of live WMDs with operational capabilities and launch times under 40 minutes. Not 'evidence of past weapons programs'.

The Bush administration has been caught out, and everything it ever does again (in the political arena) is simply damage control. But, there are yet more expansion plans predicated on lies.

Get rid of it.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Or they might not have planted them because they genuinely expected to find them and hope that they still may discover them in the future.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Where would you have 'hidden' them so as not to be found, Leveller?

The only building structure I am not sure on the inspection status of is mosques.

I have no expertise in concealment of WMDs. I am sure they would be readily detectable underground or underwater, as well. Wouldn't they?

I leave it to the Weapons Inspectors to disclose where they haven't looked. That is a very limited number of square feet as I understand it.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
How about sticking them in a desert and covering them with sand? I am no expert in concealing WMD's either, but it seems easy enough. Better yet, move them to Syria.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Freddie

I think buried in sand, anything substantial or metallic would have been found by now.

I wonder if there is any readily obtainable info on the actual weapons inspection process.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I would have done one of two things.

Dismantled them and spread the parts around so that they look innocuous.

Move them out of the country.

We often forget these days, the fact that Saddam undeniably did have WoMD yet still we haven't even found the remains of the ones he is supposed to have destroyed.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I don't know about the search for WMD's. I think America is more focused on restoring order to Iraq right now. Nobody seriously doubts that Iraq had them though. They used them on the Kurds and Iranians. Even Bill Clinton recently said Hussein had them. Remember, Iraq is not a small country. There are plenty of isolated places nobody in their right mind would go to, unless they wanted to hide something.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
- We'll find WMD as soon as we put them there.

- Destroyed WMD's are supposed to be in a neat pile for inspection?

- Moved them out? You mean where the daily sorties flown by the UK & USA flown past the 33rd & 36th parallels since GWI coupled with sattelite recon ---- missed seeing them moved?

- No one doubts Saddam had WMDs? Yeah, lots of people doubt it, especially since the main impetus for him using them, the pending fall and overthrow of his regime, came & went without so much as a snot filled sneeze much less a bio weapon, being deployed.

- Focused on restoring order? There was order before we got there. Same type as in Pakistan, North Korea, Red China, Chile, Colombia, Liberia and all the other Asian/African/Sout American torturing dictatorships that don't happen to be the: 2nd largest oil reserve in the world, one of the largest NG reserves, and most "fluid" water resources in the whole Middle East.
No, American like me, want our family back from war and our real world power (economic) to be addressed.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

- Destroyed WMD's are supposed to be in a neat pile for inspection?

- No one doubts Saddam had WMDs? Yeah, lots of people doubt it, especially since the main impetus for him using them, the pending fall and overthrow of his regime, came & went without so much as a snot filled sneeze much less a bio weapon, being deployed.

Yes they were supposed to be in a neat little pile. The documents that Iraq gave to the UN stated that they had destroyed their WoMD yet there isn't a single bit of evidence that this is so.
WE KNOW THAT HE HAD THEM!!!!

As for lots of people doubting that Iraq had WoMD.
Then I'm afraid that they're idiots. Do you forget the thousands killed by them that easily? Isn't the evidence of dead peoplem gassed by WoMD proof that he had them.
The UN, the West, The Iraqis and Saddam himself, The World: All agree that Saddam possessed WoMD at one time.
The question is wether or not he destroyed them.
Well, if he did - Where are they?

join