It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanted: Professional TV Watcher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Looking for some money for nothing?... Sitting around watching TV? have cable? ... a good TV?... a buttload of free time to watch TV?.. well this job may be for YOU!!.. According to the following report ABC late-night television host Jimmy Kimmel is looking to hire a new professional couch potato. Get ready.. apply today.. the job pays well.. Are YOU qualified??

CNN.com Full Article Link

One of the four staffers he pays to watch TV all day and gather humorous clips for his opening monologue each night is leaving the "Jimmy Kimmel Live" show, so the comedian is launching a nationwide search for a replacement.

The job pays about $500 or $600 a week, "and that's still more than they deserve, honestly," he said in an interview with Reuters Friday.

A college education and personal hygiene are not necessarily required for the job, he joked. Qualifications include little more than the possession of a thumb and an offbeat sense of humor.

But the job does entail the risk of "a sharp increase in the percentage of body fat," Kimmel added.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So who among the membership of ATS is willing and able ... most of all qualified to take on such a demanding task?

As you can see this job is not for just anyone.. It comes with great risk.. and those who will step forward had better be ready for a very hard work schedule.

Watching TV is not as easy as you may think.. just click through a few hundred channels and see for yourself. It really is hard work you know.. That is why we come to ATS for a break from the crap on TV.

But hey... if it pays!!

Sign me up.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Can you imagine how many applications they are going to receive? 500-600 bucks is a lot to do that. Not to mention the priceless contacts you will make by working there.

Isn't it funny how some people work so hard to become an actor or comedian and then once they have made it, people find funny things for them to say?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
kool, i remeber seeing a behind the show special of the jimmy kimmel show and telling my brother that y did I even bother going to college after seeing the people who do this job. lol. now where do I sign up???

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think it might be a hard job. The pressure might be on you, plus you might miss some quality time with your family

I'd love to meet Kimmel in person. Maybe I'll make it to the leagues next year, working under Letterman.

WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I always felt like a fallout, never good at anything. But this job I'd exel in. Wonder what you get for promotion, movie channels?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So....ah...WHERE do we send a resume?????
My TV watching resume includes a full color pic of me, on the couch in the VERY act of watching TV, so I think I would be a shoe in FO SHO!!

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Couch...............$800
Cable................$70
TV.....................$500
Being paid to watch Cable TV on a couch............Priceless

Hope Mastercard doesn't sue me...

new topics

top topics

join