It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Euthanasia in Belgium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So it is now done. You can buy now a special kit in Belgium all ready for you to use for euthanasia.

Link to article

i couldn't find more in english, but this is quiet a news. i don't know how to position on this specific topic, but having a kit to do it at home, is not the best option i would say.

what are your views on that?

KJ1

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
All I have to say is this "Where can I purchase this kit? I wonder if I can buy it online? hmmmm.... If I were to ever contract AIDS and there is still no cure, or I grow up to be a senile old woman suffering from Alheimer's disease, I would like to use that kit. I honestly think that old age is overrated. We merely revert back to infancy and I don't care to wear a diaper again. In the famous words of Billy Joel "The sinners have much more fun. You only the good die young."

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I don't know which is worse: to sell the kits freely to everyone, or to involve doctors in the practice of this monstrosity. If this is true, then it must be a sign of something, a part of something larger still to come. I wonder, before human error is committed on massive scales, would anyone be able to see the signposts along the way?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
euthanasia itself is a huge problem, by the fact that nobody is and nobody will be ever agreed on the fact that one should be able to decide for his death. so having a kit sold in pharmacy sp doctor could do it at home makes it very controversial.
i am agreed that this is the beginning of something big and what will we have next? Do-Your-Own-Clone Kit? well you never know.

KJ1

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A problem would arise if it gets used as a suicide kit of sorts. "Oh I'm depressed and I don't want to live." No, a doctor shouldn't give a kit like this in a case like this, because depression can be handled without resorting to stupid answers like suicide, or those dumb ass anti-depressants.

Troy

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
agreed.

for all of you there is a good article on the subject in the last New Scientist.

New Scientist

Jules

posted on May, 2 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
did you know that the Netherlands have authorized euthanasia for more than 20 years now?
crazy this Dutch!

top topics

join