It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Destroys Own Killer Flue Samples (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
The World Health Orginization (WHO) has announced that all the labs that recieved samples of the H2N2 virus have destroyed thier samples. Some samples did not reach thier destination, but where tracked down and destroyed. If escaped, the virus could trigger a pandemick, as few are immune to it today.

www.reuters.com
GENEVA (Reuters) - All laboratories that received a killer flu bug in test kits have destroyed the virus, except for a few in the United States where the job should be done in a day or two, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Monday.

Over 3,700 centers in 18 countries were sent samples of the H2N2 virus, which killed between one and four million people in 1957, as part of routine testing of laboratories' ability to detect strains.

First samples were sent out last October. The order to destroy them went out over a week ago after a laboratory in Canada sounded the alarm.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This goes to show that we don't just have to worry about older viruses like smallpox getting out, there are plenty of other nasty diseases and viruses avalibal for use. I belive we will see a big epidemic in the near future.

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'm just curious as to why they were getting sent to labs around the world in the first place...and by regular fedex no less. It was discovered by accident in a Vancouver lab!

Flu Strain Debacle

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

from the post Over 3,700 centers in 18 countries were sent samples of the H2N2 virus, which killed between one and four million people in 1957, as part of routine testing of laboratories' ability to detect strains.

1957!
Almost 50 years later someone decides to get rid of the Flu (no e)

good story, reinforces my belief system about large government agencies.

join