It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress to Pass Bill: Conspiracy Theorists Mentally Ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this because it doesn't quite fit into any particular category, so I decided to post it in BTS since most members will see it here anyway.

Do you believe the last U.S. election was rigged or a fraud? Have you ever thought about joining in a protest against the Bush administration's policies? If so, then according to a bill to be passed in Congress, you can be considered mentally ill and should be on the social anxiety drug Paxil. It would be fine if this was a joke.

The scary-looking guy in this picture with Donald Rumsfeld cowering behind him is Senate Majority Leader William (Bill) Frist.

Senator WIlliam Frist, or "Willhelm Fritz" as they call him in the back halls of Congress, is a brilliant organ-transplant surgeon and the first practicing physician to be elected to the Senate since 1928. As the biography on Frist's site shows, his uncanny meteoric rise through the halls of power has been punctuated by his "passion" for health issues - in particular mental health.

"Frosty Fritz" has been causing quite a stir amongst bloggers these past couple of months because of his plans to introduce a bill in Congress that will define a new kind of mental illness - Political Paranoia. Do a google search for "bill frist political paranoia" and see how many hits you get! The bill, which should pass easily according to a spokesman for Senator Frist , will define "political paranoia" as including "individuals who suffer from paranoid delusions regarding voter fraud, political persecution and FBI surveillance". "Political Paranoia" will be added to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders. When combined with President Bush's plans to screen all United States citizens for mental illness, the prospects become scary indeed.

The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has even published a draft questionaire[/url] aimed at assisting psychiatrists in identifying "symptoms" and includes "not at all / a little / very much" type questions such as "I believe that the Republican victory in the presidential election was the result of fraud" and "I am thinking about protesting the inaugural festivities."
Political Paranoia Inventory Test.pdf

Conspiracy fact-finder Alex Jones has provided a link to an article on the issue and widely respected alternative media website, The Swift Report, has published a full investigation. I urge you to read it and understand what your government thinks of your conspiracy theory interests.

swiftreport.blogs.com
Rick Smith, a spokesman for Senator Frist, says that the measure has a good chance of passing—something that can only help a portion of the population that is suffering significant distress.

"If you're still convinced that President Bush won the election because Republicans figured out a way to hack into electronic voting machines, you've obviously got a problem," says Smith. "If we can figure out a way to ease your suffering by getting you into therapy and onto medication, that's something that we hope the entire 109th Congress will support."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This may well be the beginning of the crack down on "thought crime" that conspiracy theorists have spoken of and feared for years. I wonder how many ATS members will pass the test?

wecomeinpeace

[Edit: dear ouy gnihtyreve eveileb tnod, siht si os, eritas si yrots aionarap lacitilop troper tfiws eht]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
wow, i think they'd definately classify me insane. funny thing is, paxil can cause thoughts of suicide in those that take it. wonder if paxil is the chosen drug for that reason or if it;s just a coincidence. also, how are they planning on screen us? heh, probably through ATS. or do they just tell you to go to the doctor and he'll check you out? i really hate this world. now even protestors will be considered mentally ill, what is that?! i'll move to canada. oohh, or maybe that jonestown place is on the market. the history is kind of really bad, bit it would be great to have your own island, make your own laws etc. wish i was rich, that would be great.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
He is a heart transplant surgeon, so why in the heck is he making any laws regarding psychology, when his degree has to deal with slicing open chests, not picking apart a brain (while leaving the skull intact that is). Seems like of like letting an automobile technician work on a F117; not exactly a bright move. How is it that the people on capitol hill always make laws for areas of which they are not trained nor well veresed in, isint there anybody making sure these guys know wtf they are talking about? Oh sorry, under the proposed law that would be illegal since it shows a distrust...never mind that its a valid one when surgeons are making calls about mental science.

join