It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs and Spirits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My cousin has been having some strange experiences in the last week. During a hot night, she was awoken by a real cool breeze (no windows open) that swayed back and forth across her legs. Not only that, but her usually timid and quiet poodle began barking at something. And the dog was barking in a manner she had not heard her bark before. My question is, is a dog able to detect a spirit?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I believe so. Most animals have the ability to sense spirits.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It has been shown that many animals see, hear, and smell things on varient levels to humans. Horses and cats can sense earthquakes before we can even feel them. Animals have a much stronger "sixthe sense" than most humans, so I would have to say yes. Your friend's dog probably sensed something strange in the room or actually saw a spirit.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My Dog always scares me out when he starts barking in the middle of the night at something - I dont know, was it a neighbour or something "else". My Cat is even worse - She starts to stare out the window at night, like she saw something weird, then she starts running around the house like crazy - my friend said she was "Chasing Ghosts".

Yes, animals See, Hear and Feel things, we Humans can not.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yes most animals are very sensitive to spirits.

The cold breeze also points to a possible spirit around,

Does she smell any thing in the room also? Like perfume or cigar smoke?

How long has this been going on for?

Have any of you lost a loved one or friend lately that may be trying to just let you know there around.

If not maybe try looking in to the history of the house, But if theirs no feeling of harm and nothing else happens then I would just treat it as an experience,

If it does happen a few times keep a log of it; there may be a clue there.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i was going to start a similar thread like this, what a coincidence.

i was going to talk about something my cat did though. the other night it was acting very strange, it would walk out to our porch and peak around the corner at the front door. it wouldnt step into the porch, it would just peak around the corner. it looked and looked for at least a minute or two straight.

the same cat will often look "into space" it just kinda stares at something i cannot see. its weird.

i wish i knew what it saw. i know sometimes it watches like small insects, but it easy to tell when thats happening. stange anyways.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i belive dogs can easily see spirits...i had a presence in my house ...only in my bed room and it terrified my dog... after the "presence" was delt with, the dog came back to normal...

would you guys be interested in sending those stories to this thread ??

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

[edit on 18-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm certain that dogs are able to detect spirits. Why I think this is that when i was trying to astral project at home, everytime i started to feel myself "pull out" slightly, my dog would start barking. When I went outside of my room to calm it down it cowered away with its tail between its legs.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I believe dogs acan sense spirits.
Why not? They can sense epileptic seizures. Their senses are much more heightened than ours and they are not burdened with the thought processes we have, so are more in tune with their subconscious.

My dog can sense thunder storms waaay before they hit.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VirtualReality
I'm certain that dogs are able to detect spirits. Why I think this is that when i was trying to astral project at home, everytime i started to feel myself "pull out" slightly, my dog would start barking. When I went outside of my room to calm it down it cowered away with its tail between its legs.

Please be carefull with that, you dont want to lock yourself out of your own body, besides if your dog coward out after you practice AP, he may be trying to show that some other presence was around when you were doing so... can you imagine if you leave your body and a "walkin" takes over ??? how will you get back in ??? maybe your dog is trying to tell you something is wrong ...Be carefull

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There is no history of the house. Its a new house. Its only been happening in the last few weeks. No there is no smell. And she hasnt lost any loved ones. Before the house was built it was just a market garden in the area. So I got no idea where the spirit could come from.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Maybe someon died before the house was built, when it was a market garden, or even someone died while the house was being built?
Possible a spirit from many, many years ago, when the area was who knows what?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
to state the obvious, which others already did, most animals know when a ghost or other entity is in the room.

dogs are very easy as excample. their hearing, scent and eyesight can pick up higher vibrations and sounds.

next step: in what manner did the dog bark? alarming because there was a stranger or barking in a sense of warning for danger? did your niece feel uneasy? stuff like that...

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My german shepherd have been acting strange since yesterday. While I was using the pc he lay down below the computer table. I started yelling at him cuz I couldn't do what i was doing if he was there, but he won't move. Today I went to the bathroom and when I open the door he entered to the bathroom( something he never does) and lay down in front of the toilet waiting til I washed my face. When I finished he followed me wherever I sit. I did an experiment with my father to se if it was with me or with anyone. I went to my room I close the door and my father sta in front of the pc. He lay down below the pc again. I think he's feeling something. I wonder what.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have heard this as well. I have taught my dog to recognize things that are unusual(part of this was natural but I encouraged it) and noticed an unusual growl and bark when he does. A couple of occasions he did that in the night although I never found the reason.

Several times I have posted that ghost hunters should bring a dog along.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
my auntie had gone threw a surgical death. this is when a person dies and then cames back to life within 3days. my auntie had a dog and at the time that she passes away the dog would not go in or near to her house and so we had to keep her with us.

two days later she started howling and ran out of our house. at that moment the phone rang and we were informed that my auntie woke up and was well.

we went looking for the dog and found her outside my aunties house looking happy. i therefore belive that the dog felt a presence. the hospital called ASP when my auntie awoke. i truly belive that her dog had sensed her sprit and when she awoke she ran home to greet her

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So why does islam regard dogs as objectionable? Do they have some connection to the occult? Are they afraid dogs will drive away good spirits?

Not meaning to derail this thread, I was just thinking of the cultural attitudes toward dogs, and wondering about dogs in regard to paranormal phenomena.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Dogs as well as cats are highly sensitive to spirit activity, as are other animals.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
When I was younger I was woken from something moving around at my feet, I was too scared to look. At first I thought it was my older brother trying to scare me but whatever it was it was freezing cold, like unnaturally cold, it scared the hell out of me. When I yelled out for my mum it stopped...
I'm still freaked out about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BaastetNoir

how was the spirit dealt with?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join