It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

living in the bible belt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   
let me begin, I was raised in the nyc metro area and lived there till my mid twentys. Then I moved to the bible belt where I live and work today. Being a person who just grew up under modest christian beliefs I feal out of place here. I never knew and never seen how many people could actually interpret the bible in different ways as they do here. I am amazed and in shock, I have come to question my own beliefs. Is this all propaganda (like I said in another post of mine) or is everyone just crazy, I dont know. One thing I have done is I have been studying religions from all over the world the past eight years and have come to a conclusion that it is all the same. All religions believe in a supernatural power usually from above mostly known as a god. Knowing this how could I say the christian beliefs are right especially when I have people forcing the religion in my face. You call this right manipulating people to make them believe what you want, I dont think so. No god would ever want this to be like that. The point of the matter is if you are a christian take a good look at your self, did your god ever intend for you to act the way you do today, did he ever intend for you to live the way you do today? And if so is it right?I dont think so.By what the bible says, I cant say I ever met a christian that has not sinned. So how can you say your right when you can not even live by your own worshipped, beloved book the bible.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
One thing I have done is I have been studying religions from all over the world the past eight years and have come to a conclusion that it is all the same. All religions believe in a supernatural power usually from above mostly known as a god.

I think the most similar religions are the Judiasm offshoots of Islam and Christianity (in their respective One Path and marketing doctrines), but really Christianity is the only one that has God walking around on Earth.

Please don't insult the agnostic Buddha or the logical moral code of Confucious by calling them the "same" as the metaphysical Amways of religion. I'd raise animists or convert my family to Hindu before arming them with the sword and "word" of Islam and Christianism to do more harm on this planet.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by RANT]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I will give you advice....

Be a good christian and join them. All you have to do is act like every other christian on earth. Randomly pick about 10 phrases from the bible, and adhere to them...ignoring the rest (the rest of course will contradict the ten you picked).

After picking your 10 random phrases, proceed to inform everyone as to why they are going to hell and you are not. Base this info on the 10 randomly selected bible phrases from above.

Be sure to yell "SATAN BE GONE!!!!", every time someone disagrees with your views. Make sure that you claim persecution as well when anyone tells you why they don't believe what you do. Organize as many people as you can into a group believing what you do. Make one of them your leader....don't pick yourself or you will have no-one to blindly follow. That is unless you want them all to give you their money. Then pick yourself.

When people cite science and math as reasons to disagree with you, make sure to throw in that they learned that math and science in those damned secular schools!!!!

Oh, make sure you end every sentence with "Praise be to jesus, God Bless", or something like that.

Ok, so you should be just fine now. Be a good christian ......

[edit on 4/18/2005 by Seapeople]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I am sorry if you take it as an insult. But I am not trying to insult buddhism or confucianism. Maybe I should be a little clearer, supernatural power or spiritual enlightment. And I also said most have a god not all. But I am mostly trying to refer myself to religions based upon a belief in a god. Especially christianity of today.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ncbrian211
I am sorry if you take it as an insult. But I am not trying to insult buddhism or confucianism. Maybe I should be a little clearer, supernatural power or spiritual enlightment. And I also said most have a god not all. But I am mostly trying to refer myself to religions based upon a belief in a god. Especially christianity of today.

I was just being snarky and making a point. You can't offend me.

I'm not a hyperpersecuted Christian or anything.

new topics

top topics

join