It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, I'm more of an extreamist than I though!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Wierd. Apparently, if I ever choose to do some public service, like be a judge or pick up litter on the side of the road (both jobs are super easy to get) I have to hand up my Bible. Or maybe it's just if I'm a politician, I'm not allowed to have a religion. How ironic that Jefferson and Washington both said, back in the day, that a Christian should be elected as president because they have good morals, a solid foundation, and could see the difference between right and wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Junglejake, see how quickly liberals discredit and throw out the U.S. Constitution when they see it as an obstacle?

no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

Excerpted from Article VI of the U.S. Constitution

However, they do seem to be good at reading between the words and between the lines and manufacturing things that aren't there. In the minds of the left, judges who can see words that aren't there are great while they themselves ignoring the text itself is also a virtue.

[edit on 4/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I don't know about "extremist" but possibly schizophrenic.

Why would you start this thread siding with Dobson/GOP efforts to nuke the filibuster within 8 minutes of this one where you think the GOP is wrong to do so?

You do know these issues are related? Actually, the "faith" propaganda piece isn't an issue at all. It's a diversion to help nuke the filibuster.

How strange and yet appropriate you either didn't know that or just happened to change your mind within 8 minutes.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

How strange and yet appropriate you either didn't know that or just happened to change your mind within 8 minutes.

Or, and hang on to your seats for this one, it could blow you outta the water, I don't follow party lines.

First, if they're related, someone made them related. If the dems are whining about judges having faith, and tht's the core issue with choosing justices, I'll wind up losing a LOT more respect for democrats. If it's politics, fine, enjoy your squable, kids.

I think the elimination of the filibuster is foolish, and I think holding people of faith as second class lunitics is foolish, too. I may be schizophrenic, but these two threads are not evidence of that.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If it's politics, fine, enjoy your squable, kids.

It's politics Jake. Disguised as "faith."

Dobson's campaign to paint Democrats as "evil" and against people of faith is as bogus as his Family Research Council is a GOP front. His forthcoming Sunday broadcast into thousands of Churches (one near you) with the full support of Frist is a GOP ploy to further politicize Christianity as a one party doctrine.

I think the elimination of the filibuster is foolish, and I think holding people of faith as second class lunitics is foolish, too. I may be schizophrenic, but these two threads are not evidence of that.

Again, it's not anything against people of faith, though it is about keeping lunatics off the bench. I'm quite sure 80 to 90% of the 188 Bush nominees not being questioned are religious, even Christian. If the 12 unqualified crazy people cite personal beliefs as the reason they're opposed, that's not the Dems fault. It's a ploy to hide their bad politics behind religion.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So morality has become bad politics. That's a shame. Well, enjoy taking faith out of any semblance of politics, but please, come crying to God when your kids get all messed up and wind up in jail (I'm hoping criminal justice maintaints a sense of right and wrong. If it doesn't jail will probably be pretty cool if the only people in there are people of faith!). This hatrid of God that's been taking place in American politics is unbelievable. I'm shocked that the first ammendment, that the first nation ever to be founded on Christiand fundementals, has turned so far from God. It's really too bad.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh yeah, also, we need to get PTS bumpin'! This forum is dead!

new topics

top topics

join