It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Calls Police to Report Marijuana Theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
An 18-year-old woman filed a complaint against 2 men last week, claiming they had stole around $20 of marijuana from her, and then assaulted her when she tried to get it back. The theft allegation is being taken seriously by police.

In May a Windsor, Ontario judge ruled that possessing less than 30 grams of pot would no longer be illegal. Police believe this is the first reported case of marijuana theft in Toronto since that ruling. Federal court is proposing similar legislation

Const. Steve Morrell said, "It's a strange story because we've never had anyone call in to say they've had their drugs stolen."

CBC News

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Now THAT is working the system...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"It's a strange story because we've never had anyone call in to say they've had their drugs stolen."

Wonder why it never happened before...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Weeding out the herd... Was this posted on Fark? Dumbarse's in the news. Good post. How stupid are people?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Dunno. It sound weird, doesn't it ?

"Officer! Thieves just stole my stack of weed! Help me plz!"

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I am pleased that as a precedent to the forthcoming Total Police State in the USA, backed by Homeland Security, TIA, and two Patriot Acts, there are some honest police who will deal with the theft and assault complaint first, and deal with the issue of possessing an illicit substance second.

Common sense.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Weeding out the herd... Was this posted on Fark? Dumbarse's in the news. Good post. How stupid are people?

Not really...in fact, she's quite ingenius, as the article states....the amount she claimed was stolen, was no longer considered illegal, where she was. Therefore, chances are, if the police do catch the thief, they would then be legally obligated to return the woman's pot!

As I said...now THAT is working the system, hehe....

new topics

top topics

join