It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hospital Sued Over Psychologist Witchcraft Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Three former patients of psychologist Letitia Libman are suing Delnor Community Hospital in St Charles Illinois, where the women first had consultations with Libman who later made sexual advances towards them and encouraged them to practise witchcraft. One of the women Kathleen Carlson accused Libman of touching her head, chest and stomach and asking her to retrieve a piece of her husbands DNA to cast a spell on. Carlson claims that she was told to always wear a pentagram and was urged to practise witchcraft herself.

story.news.yahoo.com
"While employee and patient confidentiality laws and pending litigation prevent us from discussing details of the case any further, we can say that Delnor takes patient complaints of this nature very seriously," according to the hospital's statement, "and it is our policy to immediately investigate such complaints and take disciplinary action when warranted."

The women were so afraid of Libman that two of them moved away from the area after terminating their therapy, he said.

Shelley Standau, whose suit was filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago, moved to North Carolina because she feared for her life, the lawyer said. Standau is seeking $1 million.

The lawsuits do not seek to disqualify Libman from practicing psychology. The women's lawyer hopes the suit is enough to get the attention of the hospital and have her dismissed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Libman also asked Carlson to teach her how to give oral sex to men. The psychologist convinced one woman to move in with her and convinced her to leave her husband with Libman stripping naked during therapy sessions.

Libman was fired by the hospital in January and her case has been sent to the Illinois Department of Proffessional Regulation and also to local police.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I guess all the stones thrown at Catholics and Protestants over the last few years by 'naturists' are going to feel real bad coming back.

Bad apples are everywhere.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Wow, this is really scary. It shows that current culture condoning such things such as wicca and other deviant behavior isn't just a passing phase of fancy but a real and dangerous threat to society.

Good find.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yeah, it would be better if anyone who's different by our moral leaders standards would be staked immediately. This is just one bad apple amongst wicca.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
djohnsto77 you actually believe that don't you?
I guess anything that isn't in the Bible is of the Devil eh?

Question: Have you actually met anyone who practices the wiccan faith. I have, and more often then not they turned out to be great friends, better friends by far then any other of my friends who practiced any of the other faiths.

Christianity was at one time considered to be a dangerous cultlike pheomenon and persecuted due to the fact that thier beliefs were considered "Unnatural" and "Against Mainstream Society". Now instead of being the persecuted, Christianity(and Judiasm, and Islam) are now the Persecutors.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hey I posted a commentary to this article and it was here for a couple days and now it is gone. What happened, did somebody get offended and remove it?

top topics

join