It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check this out caught on infra red camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Hi all

stumbled across this by complete accident, I do not know when this occured, but guessing fairly recently, it would not be to difficult to find out.

Thing is, we live less than ten miles from where this was filmed, yet I have never heard anything about it !, and my girlfriend works for local media and had never heard of it either.

Now this was filmed by a Sussex police helicopter with infra red, over coastal town of Brighton West Sussex UK, right on the bloody flightpath for in and out of Gatwick airport, and a smaller airport less than two miles away which is Shoreham, I mean this area would have been fully covered by air traffic, and yet here is a police helicopter filming this on infra red, it sure looks interesting to me, yet there is the inevitable reference while filming to ' little green men'

take a look and tell me what you think.

www.bbc.tv...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
could you post a .wmv link or a download link cuz my real player dosen't stream videos

XL5

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:18 AM
link   
That is a "hot air paper balloon", you can see the flame flickering at the bottom. They just "up-selled" it!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
well it is a bright object seeming to move at a decent speed. when useing infared it is a flying cylinder, kind of reminds me of a beer can being slid across a bar upright. but it is longger and narrower. no idea on size of object. but not like any pic or description of a ufo in flight that i have heard of. only time i have head of a tubular object it was flying an its side, not upright.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It reminds me of the classic cigarshape space craft minus the crimped ends. The interesting thing is its symmetry, I have never seen anything like that!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
That is a "hot air paper balloon", you can see the flame flickering at the bottom. They just "up-selled" it!

yeah i noticed that flickering... but dunno if it looks like it's moving fast cause of the direction of the airplane or what, but it does get the imaginations going.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I remember seeing this video as part of a TV documentary in the UK last year. It was the showpiece at the end of the doc. It certainly made an impact as I don't remember anything else.
The incident was back in August 2000. I have a link below for a printed version with a still for those who cannot run .ram files. I can't find any other formats for the video though.

www.ufoarea.com...

When I lived in the UK, I was close to Brighton, but don't remember anything on the national news. Quite a film if it is genuine.

XL5

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm sure its a mini candle balloon. I can't wait till they start adding mini flashing LEDs to them as well! If it pulled 90 deg. turns, then that would be a real "ufo".

www.overflite.com... Try the middle of the page.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
XL5, it could be one of these, but how fast do these balloons travel? faster than a police helecopter?

A police helicopter went on a dramatic high-speed chase.......the glowing object floated next to them before disappearing into the distance.

[edit on 18/4/05 by Creative_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
sunchaser, that link for the 'still' and summary is excellent, thing is, lets think about this, you really could not ask for much better than a police helicopter equiped with infra red to film this, sure most of you would agree on that point, so much better than a shaky hand held cam, I mean a police helicopter, / paramedic unit are 'unlikely' to be messing about on active duty in restricted airspace, although still possible but very unlikely.Ok so at about 1000 feet over a residential coastal town the co pilot notices the object and alerts the pilot, remember this is a copter so much easier to manouvere, and then for once this is filmed from the air and on infra red thermal imaging to boot.I am quite surprised this footage actually got out, but what I find more interesting if it can be believed is that a 3 minute chase ?, before giving up, now you have to think that if the filming went this far, it is a fair bet that filming continued until either the object outpaces the copter and or the copter pilot gives up, being able to view the whole footage un edited would be great, but seems unlikely, but does the idea of a mimi candle balloon really hold up? I mean how often is something like this caught on quality infra red thermal imaging camera's, not very.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If it was a balloon, why wouldn't the helicopter be able to spotlight it? It seems to be moving too fast to be a balloon.

Peace

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That's really amazing footage. In the infrared there's a couple of frames that show a small object at the lower leading edge - I can't get a screen capture from the video to show you, but it looks to me like the big cylinder shape is heat from the propulsion system, not the object itself. In the normal light video it's a bright round ball of light, so again I don't think that's the shape of the actual object just it's exhaust.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Lateral Thinker, I agree that there should be alot more footage of this object hanging around somewhere. This point also worries me. It is easier to come up with a few seconds of fake footage than it is for 3 whole minutes.

Anyway, assuming it is real, the other thing that struck me the very first time I saw this is how small the object looks. To guess on its origin even further, it could be a part of something else...like a probe or something.
In addition to seeing further film, it would be interesting to know what other sightings (if any) were made in the UK (preferably south) that night....

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It is rather suspicious in movement, in fact it just seems to drift along and not change direction, etc. Could very well be a type of balloon. It is moving fairly quickly though. It'd be interesting to know what the wind speed was at that altitude.

XL5

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Those balloons go almost as fast as the high winds pushing them. If you look at the link I gave, you'll see many reports of them looking like "UFOs".

I might make one in the summer just to prove it, I'll use some white or blue LEDs too (if it can lift the battery).

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
Those balloons go almost as fast as the high winds pushing them. If you look at the link I gave, you'll see many reports of them looking like "UFOs".

I might make one in the summer just to prove it, I'll use some white or blue LEDs too (if it can lift the battery).

Thanks XL5,

i've watched the footage several times over and visited that link you provided. The bottom heat source looks identical to the Fireflite Balloon Method. In the News footage you can make out a transparent cylindrical shape almost like an upright tube above the heat source, even without the infrared this makes it appear even less like any known examples of UFOs.

Still would love to know if it made any weird maneouvres, otherwise I agree that it probably is a man made balloon.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
if it helps with analysis, if you stop the footage on 29 secs, that shot is of the seafront at brighton, you can see the illuminated pier, the cost road with cars driving along and obviously the sea to the right, the impression is the object is heading out over the sea, just frustrating that the clip stops when it does, would love to know if more film was shot

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
It's charley flying out of willy wonka's chocolate factory.

new topics

top topics

join