It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bionic Limbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I've been thinking about bionics, and replacement limbs in general, alot lately, and i was wondering if anyone else has any interest in these things other than me (im a new user).
Was thinking about, if you lost an arm, and you wanted a REAL one, not a wooden shaft with a pincer claw on the end powerd by a mucle in your shoulder, or a metal pump with well balanced springs for legs.

what if you could have a real arm/ leg (mostly thinking about arms now) made of metal or plastics or SOMETHING (think Full Metal Alchemist style ).

(PS, if there are any posts on this topic plese tell me so i can contribute to those)

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   
SCI/TECH: Brain Chip Allows Control Of Devices By Thought link]

don't know if i got a link right but in the ATSNN sci/tech forum look for Brain Chip Allows Control Of Devices By Thought

[edit on 18-4-2005 by drogo]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
that wasent exactly what i was geting at, was thinking more of something that is actualy attached to the person, with the nerves connected dicrectly, not like a remote control. i mean, what if you had something between your head and your arm, or somone was somehow jaming the signal. cant use arm
il check out the link tho sounds interesting

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You'd have to discover what each nerve controls and how, and then you would have to connect it correctly. Much easier to just connect the robotic arm straight to the brain.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
that is true, i stand corrected. i was wondering tho, how many nerves do you have in your arm, or at least the main ones. i mean, obviously you wouldent be able to feel much with a robotic arm, idea is that you could move the way normal arm could.

are any corporations or single people reserching this?

[edit on 20-4-2005 by Fiction of Truth]

top topics

join