It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optic Camoflage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I was driving hom from lunch on Friday, April 15th, it was around 12:50-1:00 EST.

I work North of Atlanta, GA. Near Marietta and the Lockheed Facility there. It's where they make the F-22, which I've seen flying around a few times.

I took I-75 S to Exit 267-B, Highway 41. I was looking in a southwesterly direction out of the drivers side window and saw a long cigar shaped metalic object in the sky. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was a like a 757 plane or something, but it was too far off for me to say for 100% that's what it was. I couldn't really make out the wings or the tail, but my brain tells me it was a plane so that's what I'm going with here.

At any rate, it looked like the object started to bank. I use the word "look" carefully because as I said above, it was to far away for me to say for certain what it was doing. After a few second there was a glare from the object. Then, right as the glare started to subside it was if the plane or object faded away into thin air.

I figured I just lost sight of the object. However, it was clear skies all around, nothing but sky blue. The object stuck out against the sky very easliy when I first saw it, so I don't know what happened.

So, is there like optic camoflage that maybe uses refracted light that makes it look like an object in flight is invisible when it really isn't? I mean, sure, it was too far off to say exactly what it was, but not so far away that it was hard to spot in the clear sky.

What else could explain this other than some secret project? I don't want to say this was a "UFO" like an alien ship or something because as I said, I just got the feeling it was a plane. That's why I put this on the Aircraft Project board.

Anyone else around Marietta GA see anything like this before?

-O

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Very interesting. Supposedly many cigar shapped UFO's have been seen, supposedly piloted by reptilians. Still it's a possiblity that the USAF has figured out how to successfully pull off optic camoflague.

After all think about the factors, you'd need something about the size of a 747 to mount such a system during development. That and let's assume that the Philidelphia Project was only the start of looking into "invisibility", we've had over sixty years to refine that.

So I'm going to say it's a definte possiblity. However I am suprised that they'd try this so close to Atlanta, wouldn't some place in the westen deserts work better?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I know that the military is working on an optical stealth system that can blend in to the sky, the plane is suppose to be covered with individual video cells/screens that change into the color of the surrounding environment.
I think a 747 would be a good airplane to try it on, plenty of surface and room for such a system, but I don't know why they would test it near Atlanta.
And from what you have described it sound to me like a UFO.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is all I could find on ATS past discussions on www.abovetopsecret.com...:90%3BLW:270%3BGL:1%3 BBGC:b5b5b5%3BT:%23303030%3BLC:%23cc0000%3BVLC:%23660000%3BALC:%23ff0000%3BGALT:%23330000%3BGFNT:%23606060%3BGIMP:%23000000%3BDIV:%23cc0000%3BLBGC:b5b 5b5%3BAH:center%3BS:www.AboveTopSecret.com...%3B&domains=abovetopsecret.com%3Bbelowtopsecret.com%3Batsnn.com%3Bterroranalysis.com&sitesearch=above topsecret.com&q=Optical+Camouflage&spell=1" target="_blank" class="postlink">Optical Camouflage.

Maybe this will help?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Ok...

First off I think its just a matter of perspective in your case Big O, its some thing that Javlin Gunners experence some times, its when the aircraft banks away from the gunner and gives the gunner a shot of its "a_S_S". I think its nothing more than that, I apologise Big O.

As for the US developing optical Camo... At present the technology just isn't there, the sheer weight of the display equitment alone would negate an effective tactical employment of the system on any thing smaller than a bomber or tanker, as for a 747 carrying it, I suppose it would need some thing that large, just to get the kit off the ground.

I have heard of some experiments on the use of fracturelated fibre optic cables on tanks, strapped around the turrents to help "hide" the turrents once in the hull down position, but that was the germans.

- Phil

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Here's something we found back during the B-2 Research Project:

LOOK AT THIS!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Optical Stealth may be even more realistic then we thought. Check out Project Rainbow A.K.A the Philadelphia Project. In July 1943 the US Navy made the U.S.S. Eldridge disappear from Delaware Bay. the report states:

" Some scientists have developed the theory that the Navy was working on a way to make the ship invisible to vision. However, it didn't involve warping space time or any complex task of a similar nature. This theory suggests that the Eldridge was equipped with high frequency generators that would heat up the surrounding air to cause a mirage, making the vessel invisible.

This phenomenon is naturally occurring, and there have been cases where entire islands have disappeared from view in the right weather conditions. The high frequency generator would heat up the surrounding air and the water (creating a green-colored fog that was said to have engulfed the ship), causing a mirage to form, concealing the ship from view. "

I copied this from a post I made while doing Research on the B-2! It's a lot to fallow, but it might help explaine the strange disappearing aircraft. It's a quote from a site on the Philidelphia Project. the link should take you to more info on this project!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Another slight possibility is that perhaps it was an extremelly shiney aircraft... in a clear blue sky could it not have been reflecting the colour of the sky towards you and appearing far less visible? Would also explainthe extremelly bright flare as the sun was also reflected of the mirrored surface. Unlikely perhaps but a possibikity to consider.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Quote:"After a few second there was a glare from the object. Then, right as the glare started to subside it was if the plane or object faded away into thin air"

What if the glare is from the afterburner? If it has a very powerful engine then it could have "disappear" at supersonic speed since it is already very far away.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Some good suggestions. Although, I do not think it's a "UFO" in the classical sense.

At any rate, I do remember seeing something on the Discovery Channel once about a tank that had a bunch of lights on it. Sure, it looked completely silly close up when they were turned on. However, when the camera pulled back it's zoom sure enough the tank blended right in with the horizon.

However, the theory about the plane turning and showing my it's butt sounds the most feasable. It makes sense... the plane banks, and because it is shiny there is a glare. As the plane finishes banking it is not pointing away from me. The plane is far enough away that the wings are just too thin to stand out. So, instead of looking at the plane from it's side, which is what I think I saw when I first noticed it, I was looking at it from the rears when the banking finished.

Atlanta has the second busiest airport in the country. It also is home to a Lockheed facility that builds new aircraft. It also home to a big airbase that tests said aircraft, amoung others. There are just way too many legitimate things flying around for me to think it's anything other than a man made ship.

The sun can play tricks on you and I think this might be the case here.

Thanks again.

-O

top topics

join