It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ted Nugent to Fellow NRAers: Get Hardcore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo
and this is the AMERICA that you think deserves global respect
what a flipping embarrassment. Grady, it is hard to find ANYTHING you have ever said on this forum even mildly pleasant. I cannot know what horrors surround you but if you cannot see how destructive your actions and view of the world is, and if this is typical of America, God save the world.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Romeo]

Oh please. Let's not start acting like America is the only violent place in the world not fit for civilization. No country is any different, nor any virtuous than this one. Where there's humans, there is greed, violence, stupidity and corruption...

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Whew some of you people are vicious...
I love how you people pounce on the guy when you dont even know the details of what happened to him. You just know what you heard in his quick anecdote and your casting judgement on an event summed up in five sentences with no backgroung history. You dont know exactly what the neighbor said you dont even know how he said it. Obviously GradyPhilpott felt significantly threatened to consider the use of a firearm in a defensive situation.Talk about blaming the victim some of you people are so antigun its ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Haven't you ever heard, "Don't draw a gun unless you are going to use it"?

It's "don't point a gun, unless you intend to use it." When the real punk, made a move toward me, I produced the weapon. Why should I bust my knuckles on a scumbag? As for your insults, I don't care what you think.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

You escalated the situation by threatening him with a deadly weapon. Whilst physical violence doesn't solve anything you upped the tension by bringing the gun into it.
BTW, Whilst we're discussing it... where were you?

Wrong! The situation was immensely de-escalated as the worm fled in haste.

Most respondents are assuming things about the incident that did not happen. I'm pleased with my response, I don't care what the law states. As for the police, I was very respectful of them, even though they searched my home without a warrant and confiscated my weapon.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Guns are for cowardly men who have issues with their small penises and their inability to actually fight with their fists.

Yesterday, a belligerent neighbor threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't go back into my apartment, so I grabbed my pistol, racked the slide and admonished him to reconsider. Someone called the police and when they arrived, they knocked on my door, guns drawn, ordered me outside, frisked me, ordered me to sit on the ground while they searched my apartment. They also informed me that I had committed a felony. They did not arrest me because no one lodged a complaint, but they did confiscate my pistol for three months. I have others, so it won't be much of an inconvenience.

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection. The police said that when this thug threatened me with bodily harm if I did not go back into my apartment, I should have done as told and called the police.
I'd rather die!

You should be in jail for threatening this man's life with a firearm.

So your neighbor threatens to beat you up and you go inside and threaten him with a gun? That is cowardly and if you were actually half the man you seem to present yourself as, if you wanted to, you would have put up your fists and fought this guy right away instead of slinking off to get your gun to do your fighting for you.

Like I said, those who carry guns are paranoid cowards who need a firearm to feel strong.

Take some self-defense courses, they'll do you well in jail.

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection.

Think about this next time a 16 year old carjacker blows one of your family members away for their car. Yay gun culture!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

Had it been my beat, I'd have popped you for the felony and let the DA sort it out.

The police could not arrest me, because they did not witness the "offense" and none who did would press charges. Think about that for a moment.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's a shame two excellent points of view on the prior page were tarnished with personal attacks. Please everyone discuss the issue, not the poster.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
Whew some of you people are vicious...
I love how you people pounce on the guy when you dont even know the details of what happened to him.

This was a post for comments now wasn't it?

Someone mouths off and 'you' pull a gun- gimme a break. No amount of verbal bull justifies that.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Grady I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with the neighbor. I
just hope that things don't get worse for you living there now because
of this incident.
It's hard to live around "bad" neighbors is'nt it?

I'm so glad I live out in the country where no one bothers me!

Maybe you should consider moveing...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So the moral of this story is, the founding fathers created the second amendment so we could brandish our firearms during arguments? Somehow I can't picture Thomas Jefferson pulling out the ball and powder in the hopes of intimidating someone, or feeling so strongly about how to handle disputes with our neighbours that he help put it in the constitution.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I just wish for a minute that these gun freaks could live over in the UK for a little while just to see that you dont need those guns. I've lived here and in Australia for 24 years and have never seen a gun in the hands of anyone but police officers.

Ive never been threatend with a firearm in my life and neither have a single member of my family or extended family.

The pure fact is giving society free access to guns for self-defence directly increases the likelyhood that you'll face a gun in the first place. This is incontrovertible, you cannot argue this is not the case. If in a Utopian society there was no guns at all you would not come across them. If in a semi-Utopian society where only criminals got guns from the blackmarket there would be less of them than if they could buy them cheaper from the store. Which means the chances of you facing a gun are markedly lower in a gun-controlled society.

As was mentioned in another thread, its too late for America to instate gun-control as the country is infested with them. But if your second amendment didnt exist your gun deaths would be a fraction of what they currently are. Getting guns through the blackmarket is alot more expensive and harder than buying them at the store, its not impossible though which is no reason to scupper gun-control.

Its such a shame that 28,500+ people die due to guns in America each year. And there is nothing that can be done about it, gun-control will not work and neither will giving guns to more people. The damage was done with the Second Amendment and now the United States population is paying the price of being 1200%+ more likely to be shot and killed with a firearm than any one else on the planet.

The rate of firearm-related deaths for U.S. children younger than 15 years of age is nearly 12 times greater than the rate in the other 25
leading industrialized nations of the world combined.
Is the NRA proud of that statistic? I spose these under 15's needed to be shot in self-defence....

Agreed that gun-control will not work with America. But neither will arming yourself to the teeth.

Gun Related Death Statistics

[edit on 18/4/05 by subz]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Ahem.

Personally I like curme's version better.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Lofty ideal Nerdling, seems your country is paying a hell of a price for it though. I mean 1200%+ more chance of being shot and killed than any one else in the World has got to be disconcerting.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by subz
Lofty ideal Nerdling, seems your country is paying a hell of a price for it though. I mean 1200%+ more chance of being shot and killed than any one else in the World has got to be disconcerting.

I'm from the UK.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
To quote:

"Anyone who appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Anyone who uses such law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, ' If I live, I will kill you, if I die, you are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor".

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'm from the UK.

My apologies then

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One of the purposes of the 2nd Amendment is to protect the citizenry FROM govenrment.

All this stuff about only cowards use guns comes from people that think a self-defense course will stop a .38?

I don't care how tough someone thinks they are, during a home invasion (multiple perps or a single one with a gun) my wife and kids won't get brutalized or killed. I never met anyone tough enough to want to trade a good punch for a slug. That's just me, I sleep real well and very sound.

One rule- NEVER pull a gun to threaten anyone.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
[

Now there's a reason why the western, White men has imported gunpowder from China before importing Kung Fu: because he is a coward. A treacherous, fearful coward that will just do anything in his power to defend his domain and expand it as far as he fears others, no matter how much that will violate his own moral principles... like "Thou shall not kill".

[/quote

Nice to know racist SOB's are alive and well. Do you wear a different color sheet than the Klan?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
America has and always will be a sess pool of gun violent crimes.

www.cbsnews.com...

And now our children have begun to pay the price for the violent society we have created..

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ah, so the ability to crush eye sockets, break jaws, ruin teeth is much more important. Only those who practice violence regularly upon their fellow man (because you sure don't learn to fight by *not* doing it) are deserved of protection and their rights to be unmolested.

Nice to see how many of you "anti gun" folks show your true colors-"Might makes right" in your mantra. Big bulky thugs deserve rights to freedom and travel and safety, sadists who spend time learning how to inflict physical pain and damage on others for fun and profit are the only ones who cna walk the streets.

You're all just upset that the "grade school" life where you could go around and take kids' lunch money doesn't work when even a 90 pound woman can pull the 4 pounds slack on a trigger and demasculate you for trying to be the king of the block and forcing all to bow down to your "toughness".

For those of us who don't dedicate our lives to physically beating people into submission, then we should allow our homes to be broken into? Allowed to be forced off the streets? Rights to safety and freedom only guaranteed to whomever is the strongest, biggest, most violent?

Nevermind there was an "export restriction" on teaching martial arts to "foreigners" in Japan and China for many years. Nevermind that Europe has always been after control of weapons, from banning crossbows and the English lognbow, as various Kings were concerned about their people getting uppity. Nevermind more people die from doctors' mistakes annually than accidental gunshots, and that those used in crimes are often illegally imported, along with the coc aine and pot everyone claims is so harmless.

I guess violence is okay just as long as you enjoy it and get the blood spattered on your fists?

Originally posted by Jakomo

Guns are for cowardly men who have issues with their small penises and their inability to actually fight with their fists.

Yesterday, a belligerent neighbor threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't go back into my apartment, so I grabbed my pistol, racked the slide and admonished him to reconsider. Someone called the police and when they arrived, they knocked on my door, guns drawn, ordered me outside, frisked me, ordered me to sit on the ground while they searched my apartment. They also informed me that I had committed a felony. They did not arrest me because no one lodged a complaint, but they did confiscate my pistol for three months. I have others, so it won't be much of an inconvenience.

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection. The police said that when this thug threatened me with bodily harm if I did not go back into my apartment, I should have done as told and called the police.
I'd rather die!

You should be in jail for threatening this man's life with a firearm.

So your neighbor threatens to beat you up and you go inside and threaten him with a gun? That is cowardly and if you were actually half the man you seem to present yourself as, if you wanted to, you would have put up your fists and fought this guy right away instead of slinking off to get your gun to do your fighting for you.

Like I said, those who carry guns are paranoid cowards who need a firearm to feel strong.

Take some self-defense courses, they'll do you well in jail.

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection.

Think about this next time a 16 year old carjacker blows one of your family members away for their car. Yay gun culture!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join