It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Ted Nugent to Fellow NRAers: Get Hardcore

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ted Nugent, aging rocker, exhorted Americans to become "hardcore extremists" in their defense of the Second Amendment. He wants to see forty million NRA members in the near future. He also wants Americans to become proactive in their defense of selves against rapists, murderers and child molesters.

hosted.ap.org
With an assault weapon in each hand, rocker and gun rights advocate Ted Nugent urged National Rifle Association members to be "hardcore, radical extremists demanding the right to self defense."

Speaking at the NRA's annual convention Saturday, Nugent said each NRA member should try to enroll 10 new members over the next year and associate only with other members.

"Let's next year sit here and say, 'Holy smokes, the NRA has 40 million members now,'" he said. "No one is allowed at our barbecues unless they are an NRA member. Do that in your life."

Nugent sang and played a guitar painted with red and white stripes for the crowd at Houston's downtown convention center.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yesterday, a belligerent neighbor threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't go back into my apartment, so I grabbed my pistol, racked the slide and admonished him to reconsider. Someone called the police and when they arrived, they knocked on my door, guns drawn, ordered me outside, frisked me, ordered me to sit on the ground while they searched my apartment. They also informed me that I had committed a felony. They did not arrest me because no one lodged a complaint, but they did confiscate my pistol for three months. I have others, so it won't be much of an inconvenience.

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection. The police said that when this thug threatened me with bodily harm if I did not go back into my apartment, I should have done as told and called the police.
I'd rather die!

I am a Benefactor Member of the National Rifle Association.

Related News Links:
www.nraam.org

[edit on 05/4/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
People shouldn't rely on the law to protect them, I agree.

But that also applies to incidents such as this. Self defense is only
such if you can prove it. And these days that is not the easiest thing to
do, especially if you are an average citizen without mountains of money.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Grady, was that thug Mexican or a latino?

A friend of mine who's living in New Mexico stated that most crimes and assaults committed in New Mexico are being done by Mexicans or latinos, mostly immigrants, mostly illegal.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The police, who did not witness the event, took no chances with me. Their guns were drawn and pointed at me when I opened the door and they did not re-holster their weapons until they were certain I was unarmed. In reality, I was no threat to them whatsoever and I have no problem with their actions. Why should it be different for the citizen?

When that idiot made a threatening move toward me after making verbal threats, that was sufficient for me to demonstrate exactly how I intended to deal with him. He got out of my face in a very big hurry.

If I had done what the police told me to do in the future, I would have waited an hour after haggling with the 911 operator over whether or not a police response was in order and they would have laughed me off as a cantankerous old fool. I know this to be true because it's happed before and what is more, that thug would have the impression that I would be an easy mark the next time he was feeling grandiose.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The vast majority of troublemakers in my apartment complex are hispanic and they are about as intolerable a bunch of sociopaths as you are likely to encounter--arrogant, obnoxious, drug abusers. The officers who responded were hispanic, as well.

It is true that a significant segment of the hispanic population here is criminal, but it would be wrong to say that of all or even most. I have had many very fine colleagues, clients, and friends who are hispanic and I have been dating a hispanic woman for over a year.

I have my doubts that the particular individuals involved are illegal immigrants. It should be noted that I have encountered a number of local hispanics who hate Mexicans, mainly because they are better behaved and harder working than they are.

Generalizations are difficult to make here, except that many of those who speak two languages poorly feel superior to those who speak one language well.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Let's defend our rights to bearing arms!

Sure, this thread will get flamed by "pacifists" who don't believe in that sort of thing, however, I urge you to think about this:

Without the will to defend ourselves - we'd be speaking German right now, if you know what I mean

Without the will to defend ourselves - we'd be bullet magnets' for Al-Qaida.

Without the will to defend ourselves...well, you know the drill.

-wD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Let's defend our rights to bearing arms!

Sure, this thread will get flamed by "pacifists" who don't believe in that sort of thing, however, I urge you to think about this:

Without the will to defend ourselves - we'd be speaking German right now, if you know what I mean

Without the will to defend ourselves - we'd be bullet magnets' for Al-Qaida.

Without the will to defend ourselves...well, you know the drill.

You're joking, right?

Germany didn't take Europe, do you think they had the logistics to cross the Atlantic?

The right to bear arms has been around a lot longer than Al-Qaida, how do they come into the picture.

I'll stop there because you really must be joking. If you're not, you're brainwashed and no words will penetrate.

Edit: I think I finally fixed this post.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Lol, yes, I was kidding around.

=P

However, about Germany..they were coming to the U.S. In fact, they were positioned off Alaska for quite some time, however we struck an irreversible blow before they could launch the attack - that was planned.

Other than that, yes, I was joking

-wD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Lifer NRA member here..
My favorite parts of the magazine are the stories of how many lives get saved each month by gun-toters. In fact if it had not been for alz's we would still have a great leader..
Ted fan too...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yesterday, a belligerent neighbor threatened me with bodily harm if I didn't go back into my apartment, so I grabbed my pistol, racked the slide and admonished him to reconsider. Someone called the police and when they arrived, they knocked on my door, guns drawn, ordered me outside, frisked me, ordered me to sit on the ground while they searched my apartment. They also informed me that I had committed a felony. They did not arrest me because no one lodged a complaint, but they did confiscate my pistol for three months. I have others, so it won't be much of an inconvenience.

GradyPhilpott, the police was right to take away your firearm as you have threatened somebody to kill him with it. What you did is a criminal offense... that is of even more gravity than somebody threatening you of beating you. That's right! I hate to legitimate what the autorities have done, because I hate authorities for what they are, but here you have shown that you were unable to use your firearm responsively, like an adult...

"It was justified! The guy was threatening me!" you'll tell me? I've been threatened of physical harm many times in the past, and most of these times there's never been any single trace of physical violence following that. Why? Because I used a mental skill that everybody has since childhood and that is is commonly known as COMMUNICATION!!!!!!

And what if that hispanic guy would have and a gun too? What would have happened? Two people shooting at each other just for stupid quarells? So now you'll tell me that the government should not allow these hispanic people to have firearms, hey? Then that would be GUN CONTROL.... somethign that the NRA is against!

You know how Kung Fu has developped in China? As a mean, for the average people, to defend themselves against crooks and government guards, without any spill of blood and murder, if possible. It was created by monks but quickly became a popular tradition as it was "non-violent" (based on principles of defense and repellency rather than physical harm or killing, as guns were invented for), and did not needed essentially the use of lethal weapons like swords. The Japanese and Korean traditions of Kung Fu further developped into a stricly barehands approach which was even more respectful to human life and was serving as a form of defense and protest against the Samurais who were practicing bloody and deadly martial arts, and it's about the same thing with the Brazilian kapoeira.

Now there's a reason why the western, White men has imported gunpowder from China before importing Kung Fu: because he is a coward. A treacherous, fearful coward that will just do anything in his power to defend his domain and expand it as far as he fears others, no matter how much that will violate his own moral principles... like "Thou shall not kill".

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Ted seems to be a little off his rocker. Pun intended. The NRA is a for profit group. Lets not forget that. Americans do have the right to keep and bear arms. Deal with it. Some other group besides the NRA has to come into existence for saner gun use. Now, I love guns too. I have a couple myself. With the dreaded MS-13 selling crack in an open air drug market a block away from me Im always armed. I got my Virginia conceal and carry license through the NRA. But damn, they really seem to be doing their best to force a gun into every Americans hands. I use their range in Fairfax Va. at their very headquarters. Its one of the best in the world. I am not a member and refuse to be.

Text

Lets make a couple things perfectly clear. The US could ban guns altogether and criminals would still be as well armed as ever. There are so many gun laws on the books that we dont need anymore. I dont think Ted will get 10million members in a year. Close at the most but not 10 million. Americans are constantly shooting thmeselves because so many of us have rediculous firepower and dont have clue how to use it. If you buy a gun(s) you should have to take a state safety course and not be allowed to have a gun until you pass it. Thats sane gun control. Americans, especially in the south, have access to nearly anything we want. Especially now that the useless assault weapons ban has ended. I have a pistol and a rifle thats it. If I had the money Id collect.

Text

I can mail order AKs, M-16s, 1911s, M1s, HKs, Uzis, Mac10-11s, Tec-9s, .50 cal Barretts, M-60s, M-249 SAW, FN2000s etc. Now the new breed of new calibers is coming such as the Barrett M468 in 6.8mm Remington and Robinson Arms XCR(exchangable caliber)available in 5.56, 6.8mm and soon to come 7.62 NATO. I personally want the outstanding Barrett M468. I feel as an American I should be able too. It IS in the constitution. The American gun scene needs a non profit gun group to sanely enforce sane gun laws...very very badly. Not the nutty NRA and uncle Ted. I like Nugent dont get me wrong but man he really seems to be losing it. He pulled a gun on someone who wasnt threatening him life or limb? You pull a gun on someone its a last resort not a political demonstration. I dont know what the gun laws are in New Mexico but if hed tried that in Virginia hed be in a nut hut untill he at least calmed down.

Text

As an end note the XM8 better be as good as Im hearing cause adopting the Barrett M468 makes a lot more sense and itd be cheaper since all wed be doing is changing the upper receivers on our existing M-16s. Itd cost a lot less and wed retain weapon familiararity. It takes care of alot of the M-16s inherent problems too. The new 6.8 and 6.5 rounds surpass the AK. We better adopt either or both cause unless your a really good shot the 5.56 just doesnt do it.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Grady,

You are a wimp. You'd rather draw a gun than knock someone's block off...you are the problem with "responsible" gun ownership. Haven't you ever heard, "Don't draw a gun unless you are going to use it"? You are a punk and a thug.

I am all for gun ownership. Trust me, I am as big of a gun nut as the next person and I think you did something wrong with your gun. But you bring a disservice to those who own guns responsibly and don't draw them whenever they simply feel "threatened". Did you believe this guy was going to kill you or were you afraid of a good-ole fashioned passionate ass whoopin'? I tend to think the latter because you did not say that you were threatened with your life. You not only abused whatever rights you think you have but you have made yourself look like an idiot and a wimp.

And if you can't fight, either:

A: Take martial arts classes...they work and they teach discipline. (Which sounds lacking in the above story.)

or

B: Be more active in bar fights...that'll teach you how to protect yourself against a buttload of people and how to use your surroundings.

Anywho, I think you need to change your attitudes before you end up in a world of trouble or a casket.

And to the actual topic, who would actually listen to a guy who thought "Stranglehold" was a good idea?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   
'racking the slide'

A few days in the 'whoops I dropped my soap' hotel would cure you (Grady) of those habits.

Is this an OP/ED piece? looks like news until I read your 'story.'

I had a renter like you- h-a-d

*edit to add-
the VAST majority of Hispanics are law abiding people. Don't twang out because you did a Barney Fife and lost your gun.

I lived in New Mexico longer than most on this forum have been alive and what Grady insinuates is just not how it is.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It's too soon for me to know under what authority my firearm was confiscated or whether or not producing a firearm when physically threatened constitutes a felony in the State of New Mexico, but these are exactly the kinds of laws and police attitudes that threaten our ability to provide for our own protection. The police said that when this thug threatened me with bodily harm if I did not go back into my apartment, I should have done as told and called the police.
I'd rather die!

I am a Benefactor Member of the National Rifle Association.
[edit on 05/4/17 by GradyPhilpott]

What you should have done was tell your neighbor to screw himself, and if he came at you, THEN you are justified in grabbing your gun and protecting yourself. As far as doing as you were told then calling the police, that's a bunch of crap.

OXmanK wrote:

Grady,

You are a wimp. You'd rather draw a gun than knock someone's block off...you are the problem with "responsible" gun ownership. Haven't you ever heard, "Don't draw a gun unless you are going to use it"? You are a punk and a thug.

I am all for gun ownership. Trust me, I am as big of a gun nut as the next person and I think you did something wrong with your gun. But you bring a disservice to those who own guns responsibly and don't draw them whenever they simply feel "threatened". Did you believe this guy was going to kill you or were you afraid of a good-ole fashioned passionate ass whoopin'? I tend to think the latter because you did not say that you were threatened with your life. You not only abused whatever rights you think you have but you have made yourself look like an idiot and a wimp.

And if you can't fight, either:

A: Take martial arts classes...they work and they teach discipline. (Which sounds lacking in the above story.)

or

B: Be more active in bar fights...that'll teach you how to protect yourself against a buttload of people and how to use your surroundings.

Anywho, I think you need to change your attitudes before you end up in a world of trouble or a casket.

And to the actual topic, who would actually listen to a guy who thought "Stranglehold" was a good idea?

Personally OX. I am capable of protecting myself, I have faced down with many people, including people that were older, meaner and bigger than me. For the most part, I am left alone where I go because people look at me and think twice, this is not to brag, but to set an example.

If someone is threatening me with bodily harm, and they intend to act upon those threats, and if my gun is nearby, hell yes I will grab it, whatever happens afterwards will be determined by his actions, he can choose to risk his life or he can leave me alone.

I have had my ass kicked many times. As opposed to fighting someone and killing someone, I choose the latter because I really don't care for people anyways.

This type of reaction from police I totally blame on liberals and their pansy, "guns make the world an evil place" nonsense...

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You can bear arms, you're just not allowed to pull a gun out and point it at people. That's been illegal for a long time. Unless he's in your house, or draws a weapon on you, you don't have a legal right to draw your gun. If he had a gun, though, and yours was in the house, what good is it? Did you know he didn't have a gun? How did you know he wasn't going to draw a gun and just shoot you when he saw your gun? How do you know he won't the next time he sees you? I tend to think that people who are looking for excuses to draw a gun are loose canons. Some gun owners are practically looking for an excuse to play Clint Eastwood. Ted Nugent is definitely one of those people.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Moe Foe]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Time to weigh in...

You escalated the situation by threatening him with a deadly weapon. Whilst physical violence doesn't solve anything you upped the tension by bringing the gun into it. That is why the police were called, you almost caused an armed standoff and the police made a conscious decision that you were not fit to handle that gun. However, the protection of the Second Amendment means they cannot take all of your guns, just the one you were using when they arrived. Calling the Police would've been the normal thing to do.

BTW, Whilst we're discussing it... where were you?

And as for Ted Nugent... If you want the measure of him you should read about how he dodged the draft.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
This thread almost makes me ashamed to be a 'man' if it lumps me into the same category as you cowards who need guns. Almost makes me ashamed to be a human.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
ssshhh Nerdling the Nugent-draft-dodge is taboo

It doesn't sing well with 'Mr. Macho'

ftp pro
Nugent avoided the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the Detroit Free Press July 15, 1990, Nugent described How he avoided the Draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine. That spectacle won Nugent a deferment, he says. His quote: “ but if I would have gone over there, I’d have been killed, or I’d have killed, , or I’d have killed all the Hippies in the foxholes… I would have killed everybody.”

Riiiiiiiiiiiight

subz, chill out. You're anti-gun for whatever reason and that's your choice. People that use guns gave you the freedom to be anti-gun.

If you're ashamed of being a man because someone else has a gun you need to reflect on that.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
and this is the AMERICA that you think deserves global respect
what a flipping embarrassment. Grady, it is hard to find ANYTHING you have ever said on this forum even mildly pleasant. I cannot know what horrors surround you but if you cannot see how destructive your actions and view of the world is, and if this is typical of America, God save the world.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Romeo]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Grady,

You are a coward, and that was a irresponsible way to handle a leathal weapon. Your response to the percieved threat was unwarrented, and that is why you had cops arrive at your door guns drawn.

Because it was you that presented the unstable element and therefore the greatest threat.

Cops deal with idiots like that every day. From your average dumbass gangbanger to the elderly senior who is afraid of life.

Either way, same category.

You ever heard the addage "You don't bring a knife to a gun fight" ?

Well you don't bring a gun to a fist fight, either.

I have a Law Enforcement background, and I assure you the cops thought you were mentally unstable and a threat to the public. You're lucky they didn't haul you in on that felony, arrest you for at least disorderly conduct, or take you to a hospital to have your head examined.

Had it been my beat, I'd have popped you for the felony and let the DA sort it out.

You might beat the wrap, but you can't beat the ride...

You got lucky, in more ways than one.

X

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Xatnys]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join