It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face thingy on mars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there is an explanation for this. Ive been wondering what is was for a number of years...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
That picture is from the first viking mission, and newer better cameras have taken better pictures, and most scientists believe it to be a mesa of no particular interest.......However many remain unconvinced here is a site where you will find a resonable(IMO) view of the "face" being an actual face.LINK

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
As white as it is i'm convinced its Michael Jackson. It seriously looks like him, check it out!

My bet is that it is proof positive that the aliens are sending us warning signals.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Picture is a high resolution image taken by Mars Global Surveyor
www.seds.org...
Doesn't look much like a face anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Faces appear in clouds and mountains ect., all the time. I think it's safe to say that the face on mars is just a play of light and shadows. Then again some people think that this thingy is artificial.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that it's just a natural feature, however if your interested in some of the more far out theories here is a great site for those. They have detailed numeralogical theories about the martian region "cydonia".

www.enterprisemission.com...

I think it's all ridiculous but it's a fun read anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Come on people!! If you stare at something long enough you can see all kinds of crazy things.

Like someone said, its just light and shadows.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Be nice, terapin.

Anyway, old topic. It's a geologic feature. Try New and Improved Search Function but also the [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/89/pg1/srtpages]Space Exploration Forum[/url.

new topics

top topics

join