It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Not Put with Anti-American Bias!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I have it with people expressing anti-American bias and prejudice against my government and my people!

I will not put up with distorted, slanted and misinformed anti-American garbage to spew here by other people who wouldn't tell me or anyone what are their nationalities! I'm an American but it is unacceptable for members from another countries come here and spew their politically-opinionated anti-American garbage without revealing their nationalities or their backgrounds.

I've been warned three times by a moderator over the fact that I will not put up such anti-American opinionated garbages and bias by idiots to proliferate here!

I'm very fumed over this.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've seen your posts, and it seems your problem is that you don't understand people have other beliefs than your own. Sorry, but what you think is American is not what others see it as. There are plenty of people on this board who believe the same as you, but the difference is that they are able to research and present evidence in support of their views. Insulting others won't help anything or present your view as valid.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh yea, also, people's backgrounds should have nothing to do with a discussion about various viewpoints. Your reliance on that information makes me think all you want it for is to bash the character of those you are discussing with. This is called an ad hominem argument and it's very popular in politics today. But, as much as you want to bash the character of someone else, people are smart enough on here to realize that this doesn't prove anything. Viewpoints stand on their own merit.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You just gotta accept the fact that people have the rights to their own opinions. If you don't like it oh well, quit bitching about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
It may help your cause if you learned how to write English. Are you sure you are even from America? I can barely understand your point?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The warning against you was justified. Just because someone does not agree with you does not allow you the right to insult them in the manner you did. This community is great one, we allow and tolerate the discussion of all ideologies and viewpoints, however we do not tolerate name calling, insults and degrading remarks to fellow members.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
see #2

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
No one here has ever doubted my patriotism and after looking at the post you were warned over I must agree with the warn. There wasn't ANYTHING but a personal insult which is not tolerated under the T&C.

As an American who loves my country (but is somewhat less impressed with my Government) I get mad sometimes too but name calling is not the answer.

Yes there IS a lot of anti-American Bias on this Board but the answer is to show it for what it is

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
As far as I can see, the website is called "Above Top Secret" and it promotes in part as a prime source of information and discussion of government conspiracies. The US has a government and the actions of the incumbent government (aka the Bush administration) is widely discussed in terms of the conspiracy nature of the actions it takes, viz. cover-ups of national security failures, misuse of intelligence services to justify wars, no-bid contracts for crony companies etc etc etc etc.

I think perhaps the website that you were after was "American Totalitarianism Supporters". Good luck in finding that.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Busted to Below Top Secret. Ouch.

You got to watch out for the "Blame America 1st" crowd. I have my suspicions against some moderators, especailly some new ones (I guess the big head hasn't worn off yet), but overall I think they do a great job!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Then you would allow distorted, slanted, misguided and biased opinionated garbage to proliferate here in the ATS forums to the point that anybody will believe in it nonetheless? A certain expression rang in my mind something about believing in lies more than often it would become the truth.

I'm sorry but that doesn't cut it with me. In fact, I wasn't really insulting anybody until somebody started spewing opinionated garbage and expressing viewpoints that have a clear and obvious bias, plain as a day.

I do understand people have different beliefs other than my own but what I don't accept nor tolerate are distorted, biased, and slanted garbage spewing among threads with certain controversial subjects (WMD claims, Israel-Iran, war on terror, CIA and so on). It does nothing to further the debate except to antagonize those who are better informed or see the larger picture.

People needed to take few steps back and look at the whole picture instead of focusing too much negative opinions on something or someone for one-sided convenience and partisan prejudice.

Most people would come across something that are agreeable and conforming to their own viewpoints in the Internet, that is understandable, given how they "research" and "present" evidence in support of their views, as you stated, jamuhn. However they give themselves to bias and one-sided prejudice based on researching certain questionable informations and questionable sources they've come across on the Net that are of deep anti-American nature.

Little Green Footballs, a political blog website (littlegreenfootballs.com...) that have strong right-wing supports, is very much dedicated in exposing and discrediting leftist, anti-American informations, news and folks. This is one of the few political blogs that exposed and brought down Dan Rathers of CBS News last year during the final months of the Presidential election.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I thought the ATS forums would about presenting different viewpoints without resorting to political bias and anti-American prejudice but I guess I was wrong. :shk:

Continue letting slanted, biased, and distorted anti-American rhetoric to proliferate here or at the ATS forums. People will believe in such lies more than often it would become the truth.

I don't care if I was insulting anybody I disagreed with. Believe me, I'd put up arguing with people who wear their bias on their sleeves and won't even change their opinions no matter how many times I've explained rationally, with facts backed up to them.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
No one here has ever doubted my patriotism and after looking at the post you were warned over I must agree with the warn. There wasn't ANYTHING but a personal insult which is not tolerated under the T&C.

As an American who loves my country (but is somewhat less impressed with my Government) I get mad sometimes too but name calling is not the answer.

Yes there IS a lot of anti-American Bias on this Board but the answer is to show it for what it is

I would agree that name-calling is not the answer but anti-American bias is insulting enough for me.

That's how I felt.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hey, the_oleneo

just remember, we bailed most of these guys out of 2 world wars or kicked their country's metaphorical ass back when the country was run by an austrian madman

OH YES I DID SAY THAT!

what are you gonna do about it?

if you cant take, dont dish

[edit on 4-17-2005 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I see..............after reading your warn post, you are a judge and an executor.

Not a good combination here in ATS.............one of the best things in this boards is the ability to debate in a reasonable manner about different views and opinions, pushing one's views with insults is not going to take you anywhere.

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
when the country was run by an austrian madman

Ummmm.... Arnold Schwarzenneger doesn't run the country yet, and is not constitutionally eligible!

Originally posted by marg6043

you are a judge and an executor.

He can't be. That too would be unconstitutional. He could be his own executioner , though...

Did you hear how the women of the world rated George W Bush a 2 (out of 10) in the sex appeal stakes?

Oh look... over there... a sasquatch!

Rumsfeld is on the way out.

I wonder who the next Pope will be. Italian? Latin American? African?

Was Michael Jakson's accuser's mother really being pursued/stalked/targeted for erasing?

[edit on 17-4-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_oleneo
Little Green Footballs, a political blog website (littlegreenfootballs.com...) that have strong right-wing supports, is very much dedicated in exposing and discrediting leftist, anti-American informations, news and folks. This is one of the few political blogs that exposed and brought down Dan Rathers of CBS News last year during the final months of the Presidential election.

You don't consider it biased to equate anti-American with leftist politics? You don't think that blog may have an agenda to expose all statements actions of so-called "leftist" peoples without examining their own? Sorry, man, but this stinks of hypocrisy. I don't buy the label crap. The world isn't as simple as black is wrong and white is right, or for the PC of you, black is right and white is wrong.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Ah, but is gray right or wrong? What about grey - is that right or wrong?

For that matter, are grays or greys right or wrong? Are they really friendly and misunderstood?

I think its a gray area, except when there are green footballs around, or pink tutus.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I see..............after reading your warn post, you are a judge and an executor.

Not a good combination here in ATS.............one of the best things in this boards is the ability to debate in a reasonable manner about different views and opinions, pushing one's views with insults is not going to take you anywhere.

Good luck.

But did you read the posts before that and the posts after that? Don't assume just because I made a boo-boo post you shouldn't ignore other posts leading up to it.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Yeah sounds like your viewing everything in Black and White... the world is now viewed with at least 256 bit colour...

You cant blow up when anyone says anythign Anti-American... America isnt the most popular country right now, so if your going to snap at people for not liking your precious country, your going to be needed some stress control pills.... Coz newsflash.... most of the world (the one that isnt America) hasa real negative view of the USA right now... sure you might agree with the way our country is run, but other people dont... and you cant force them to. Simple. Hey i get angry when i see Americans refusing to belive their country can do any wrong... i dont snap at them... hell each to their own i say.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Ummmm.... Arnold Schwarzenneger doesn't run the country yet, and is not constitutionally eligible!

And I would prefers he sticks back to acting after his governorship is completed next year. He can always play the President on film instead in real life. I'm still waiting for the "King Conan" movie and only Arnie alone can reprise the role, by Crom!

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Under who the next Pope will be. Italian? Latin American? African?

A certain German.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join