It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefox 1.0.3 and Mozilla 1.7.7 Releases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Firefox 1.0.3 and Mozilla 1.7.7 have been released to correct security flaws in the programs.

More information here:

blogs.pcworld.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If you're using Linux, you never had anything to worry about.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Firefox 1.0.3 and Mozilla 1.7.7 have been released to correct security flaws in the programs.

More information here:

blogs.pcworld.com...

Thanks for the information Grady. I have not updated Firefox for a while, thanks for highlighting the update.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Thats great, I will have to update them right away. I never think to check for the updates. Firefox rocks!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And so it begins...

Soon Firefox will be just like IE, with viruses and spyware written specifically to take advantage of its security holes, and you will have to install security updates every month.

The only reason FF is more secure than IE is because nobody writes stuff designed to attack it, and the |33t h4x0r2 crowd use FF themselves. "Don't poop where you eat", the saying goes. That will change as more and more people switch over.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well to be fair, fixes for FF seem to be alot faster in development then any of the "fixes" M$ Shoves down our throats once a week.

I doubt we will ever see FF as bad as alot of us see IE nowadays.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm surprised Bill hasn't made an attempt to buy them out? Or would that create another anti-trust fiasco?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
I'm surprised Bill hasn't made an attempt to buy them out? Or would that create another anti-trust fiasco?

Mozilla.org is a non-profit orginization and cannot be bought out... That's why FF will succeed where NetScape failed.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by sardion2000]

top topics

join