It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Martini 'Glory of the Olives'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well... I just had to throw this out there....

We're all familiar with the list of future popes that St. Malachy supposedly came up with centuries ago. It claims that the next pope will be the 'Glory of the Olives' (JPII, who was the 'labor of the sun', was both born and buried on the day of an eclipse... as we have all heard on ats).

Many people are, now, trying to guess the name of the next pope by way of the Malachy prophecy... to no avail (as Ratzinger, Hummes, Arinze, etc have no connection to 'olives', apparently). Well, upon looking at a list of cardinals last night something hit me: Could the reference be a play on words or direct association with something unbelievably mundane?

And that's when it hit me: Cardinal Martini (since you only have a true martini if it has an olive in it):

www.catholic-hierarchy.org...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Fabulous find onlyinmydreams!

He would certainly fulfill the prophecy if elected Pope.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Fabulous find onlyinmydreams!

He would certainly fulfill the prophecy if elected Pope.

Another thing I realized: Some people joke that olives only exist for the sake of martini production. A martini, therefore, is the 'glory (that is, highest cause or manifestation) of the olives'.

And, yes, this is a whacky notion... and I'm half laughing at myself. If it turns out to be true.... however.... this may be the first time a 'prophecy' panned out on ATS.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Methinks that you are learning to understand the humor that drives the fate of this planet.

I'll have mine with two olives, thankyou.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Last night, I was at the Wild West night club in Houston, which mostly serves cheap beer and girly drinks. I was waiting to get a simple Miller Light, in bottle, and a lady next to me ordered some crazy ass martini with three olives. The bartender had to go way in the back to get the olives out of a fridge and it took like 5 minutes to make the drink. Women... All the while, my girlfriend's sister is taking my shots for me in a game of pool, totally losing...

Anyways, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in these several threads about the Malachi prophecies, but it occurs to me thus:

Perhaps we should focus on the word "glory," as the phrase "of the olive," may simply mean that we will have an Italian pope.

What significance would the word "glory" have in this light?

Zip

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My dear Watson, you may have something there.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Interesting, but if you think about it the church is much more puzzling than that. That would be to easy. The sun makes sense, but would they call him "Glory of the Olives" because his last name is Martini.

I would be open to a better theory revolving around that, I do think you are on the right path though. So if Martini is elected, then I will stand corrected...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Many people are, now, trying to guess the name of the next pope by way of the Malachy prophecy... to no avail (as Ratzinger, Hummes, Arinze, etc have no connection to 'olives', apparently).

An 'olive' connection can be had for most of them. Apparently the olive branch is a symbol of the jewish peoples, so the cardinals under consideration who were born as jews fall into that. Another is black, and the olivae reference is supposed to mean his skin color. And if color is used, then Dionigri, (the front runner) can be said to fit the prophect, dio meaning something like god, so the glory of god, nigri meaning something like black, etc etc.

You can make it fit for almost anything.

Anyway, is this a sweet or a dry martini?

[edit on 17-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I stick with my notion that Dionigi Tettamanzi will be the next pope.

I believe im the only one on ats who has him in the running.

He is one of the closest to fulfilling the olivetans.

There is a better cadidate, but hes too old.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   
actualy a offshute of the cathlic church in spain i believe has just aparently had a pope glory olivlivea. it was on another thread somewher. he aparently died before jp2. if so we may already be down to peter the roman.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drogo
actualy a offshute of the cathlic church in spain i believe has just aparently had a pope glory olivlivea. it was on another thread somewher. he aparently died before jp2. if so we may already be down to peter the roman.

Could you please find this and post a link?

Thanks,
Zip

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Of course, it could just mean it'll be a Cardinal that drinks Gin. Oh boy, that'll really narrow it down... not.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Someone told me yesterday that the olive vine is also a symbol of the Benedictine order... so it might be reasonable to look for someone who is a benedictine.

But... you know... I still think that Martini is the choice if God has a sense of humor.

As a sidenote... could the olive reference refer to the association between olive branches and peace? There are a few cardinals who brokered peace agreements in their home countries (perhaps i should put this notion in the "who will be the next pope" thread?).

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ROFL...yes ,,... Martini does mingle with Olives doesnt he ???

i have a thread about this "olive" thing, if you care to take a look...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 18-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

[edit on 18-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams
Someone told me yesterday that the olive vine is also a symbol of the Benedictine order... so it might be reasonable to look for someone who is a benedictine.

But... you know... I still think that Martini is the choice if God has a sense of humor.

As a sidenote... could the olive reference refer to the association between olive branches and peace? There are a few cardinals who brokered peace agreements in their home countries (perhaps i should put this notion in the "who will be the next pope" thread?).

thats where my prediction comes in. he is the closest thing i could find, that is under the maximum age that is.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Some who interpret prophecy believe that the olive reference would either point to Ratzinger or Tettamanzi, but Martini is not out of the question.

We may be looking at the next pope coming from Milan. The heraldry of the Milan Archdiocese contains an olive branch.

Hogue Prophecy
If the College of Cardinals convening on 18 April takes the short-lived caretaker route in their balloting then Cardinal Ratzinger has the best chance. My sense is the reign of this 77-year-old will be short. Maybe just four years. He will exhaust himself--as would any other elderly candidate in their late seventies--trying to keep up the pace that John Paul II set in his globe trotting ways.

St. Malachy's prophecies often describe the details of a pope's family arms or Papal heraldry. If the coat of arms of a candidate for Gloria Olivae should bear olives and olive branches, then expect it to be the current Archbishop of Milan, Cardinal Tettamanzi (his name means "bull's tits"). Then again we may toast the new pope with a Martini--a Cardinal Martini, that is. He is the previous Archbishop of Milan and noted Biblical scholar who now lives in Jerusalem for half of each year. Both the current and former archbishops of Milan are in play because the seal for the Archbishop of Milan bears olive branches.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I think this is the thread that was mentioned about the other "Pope" in Spain:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/18/2005 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

join