It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Ratzinger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Heres a Bio Of Cardinal Ratzinger....He has 50 Votes, needs 77 to Win the Papalcy

www.bbc.co.uk...

He Supported the Hitler Regime so I Wouldnt trust him at all! Him Or Lustinger

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Does anyone see a way he could fulfill the Gloria olivae prophecy? Does he have any olive connection?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Any reason as to WHY he supported the Nazi Rule?

Would certainly like to hear an excuse for that one.

Unfortunately, I don't think he's the best choice, for obvious reasons. However, I don't see how he fulfills the prophecy? He isn't the Jewish convert is he? However, since the Nazi's persecuted Jews, and he supported the regime, perhaps that is the connection?

-wD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I believe the Jewish-born person whose name has been mentioned is French so this isn't him.

The linked article says he was in the Nazi army but deserted, so I'm not sure how entangled with the Nazi ideology he truly was.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The Converted Jew is Lustinger I think

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I believe the Jewish-born person whose name has been mentioned is French so this isn't him.

PARIS, April 14 (AFP) - France's senior churchman -- Jewish-born cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger -- stepped down as archbishop of Paris earlier this year, but his close ties to John Paul II make him a candidate to be the next pope.

But Lustiger is, he is second in line.??

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   

He Supported the Hitler Regime so I Wouldnt trust him at all! Him Or Lustinger

That's not fair at all. The article says that he went to school (IE was a kid) in the period where the nazis ran the educational system... and so was initially taught nazi rhetorical styles. There's a big difference between being a 10 year old who has to study Hitler's speeches and being a 30 year old who actively promotes the nazi regime.

And, yes, he was in the german army... but wasn't every young german male at that time?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Check it out... he has his own unofficial fan club:

www.ratzingerfanclub.com...

here's his chronological bio. the juveniles out there will be interested in the name of one of the town's his family moved to:

www.ratzingerfanclub.com...

[edit on 17-4-2005 by onlyinmydreams]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ratzinger is the Dean of the Cardinals. I don't think he'll be chosen Pope for several reasons: 1. he's just not well-liked by the other Cardinals...he's seen as an attention grabber 2...He is VERY conservative (more so than JPII) and the church wants to steer a more moderate path.

I still believe it will be one of the Latinos or Arinze,but, the Holy Will has a way of fooling us all. Should be interesting.
joey

top topics

join