It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking religion (mainly Christiantiy)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
O.K this isnt really a religious consiracy its just me debunking religions for fun (mainly Christianity.)
Some one post sumut and ill tell you what i think

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ill start in my opinion all religions are just mans inability to cope with reality. Once I die ill go to another place it wont just end

Also most religions are like (in the case of Christianity) we are the church do what we say and youll live forever happily. If you dont then youll go to hell and be forever punished. This what we say is like donate money to us even though we already are the richest 'charitable orgnisation' in the world.

There is a good part to religions though they show mans craving to live a perfect live like the ten commandments allowing everyone to be equal apart from the leaders of the religion of cource they are the people of god.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Now some one deny this reasoning-

wot is a god,
he can create and take life at will,
he can go anywhere even beyond the sky,
he has influence everywhere

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
then deny all this creating life- any creature on this planet can create life via sex or cell division.

birds can fly anywhere with enough time we have gone beyond the sky we have touched the moon (with suits on but hey we're gettin beta)

hello we can speak to someone in the australia if we're in the U.K (im english so if your Australailian and reading this then my points been proofed)

hey every animal has one of the criteria so thats 1/3 god birds are 2/3 and oh mi god (good pun huh) we are gods.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
can someone please post something for or against 'my cause'

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
O.K this isnt really a religious consiracy its just me debunking religions for fun (mainly Christianity.)
Some one post sumut and ill tell you what i think

This forum is for Religious Conspiracies and Scandals, not a place for hate-speech or for talking to yourself.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wasnt speaking to myself i was stating my opinion so others could read and react to it

and its not that i hate religions its just i cant help voicing my opinion lie this im like that

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think the best historical account that destroys the credibility of Christian religion is the one of the formation of the Holy Roman Catholic Church under the auspices of Constantine, the last emperor of Rome.

Simply re-inventing the Roman Empire by adopting an 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' policy in order to continue the usurpation of power from the masses is in no way divine.

I believe that at one point, Christianity was pure, but that is to say that Jesus was spreading a message that we are all in fact the Gods of our own realities, and that our lives were to be spent loving one another and ourselves unconditionally.

All of this 'do as I say or be damned to eternal pain and suffering' crap is simply a mechanism for those in power to stay in power through the use of fear of death and retribution.

And it will not fly forever. There will be a revolution.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
That's quite a good point of how the leaders of most religions like to say they are the messangers of god so do what they say

But there are 2 points id like to make here i believe in no spiritual god at all although i like the theory of life from a meteor.

the second is im only 14 and about to do my SATs (country wide tests in England) so im a bit over done with big words but still post them nonetheless

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've already said my piece on the matter. No point in blabberin' on about it. Here's a link:

The Conspiricy that IS religion

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Excuse me, but what exactly are you people debunking about religion and Christianity?

Every religion has its "savior".
Every religion has a "omnipotent, omnipresent, etc." God/gods.
Every religion believes in an afterlife.
Nearly all talk of a "Noah" character.
Nearly all talk of "evil" and "demons".
Nearly all talk of "heavenly beings."
Religion and worship of God and gods has been with man since man was able to think and reason.
Etc.
Etc.

What exactly are you people debunking, while asserting that religion is a tool to control the masses? And if it is to control the "masses," amazing how when "religion" began, it was not about controlling the "masses" but to give praise, thanks, and worship for everyday life, etc., huh?

seekerof

[edit on 17-4-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
O.K b4 u read on i must warn u if u like the pope and are easily offended then dont read on

HOiw many people do u think died in the Iraq war, how about the Asian tsunami

well how would u feel if u found one idea was responsible for more deaths than thwe both of these.
How many people do you think died from the AID epidemic in Africa, how do you think it could have been stopped if they had used contraception. Well who said that they arent aloud the Pope and just as Christianity is spreading through the region.

Oh and heres some more in the middle ages how many 'enlighened Christians killed witches or supposed ones becaues the church said if they float they're a witch if they dont whoops too late their dead.

Oh and speaking about believing in ideas as well the church doesnt mind dll those africans dieing for the thing about contraception but the pope also condemened anymachine that extended life hey wait a minute wasnt he on 1 for a great deal of his life.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Debunking Religion..........you cannot debunk religion because are a majority of people in this world that have some kind of religious belief, even when is not good enough evidence on religion itself.

Religion is view as somebody in charge or natural forces, as in science.

Your social status also has to do with how religious you are and how much you belief.

Religion is also used to escape reality and to have hope and to wish for what we will like to be.

Religion is also a ritual one that is given to us since childhood by our parents.

Religions also explain what we cannot understand, in a supernatural way.

Religion helps control society and moral behavior, and what it makes us civilized.

Religion keeps us united in a common bound for many is salvation.

I am not a religious follower but religion has evolved into something very complicated that cannot be separated from society.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
What exactly are you people debunking, while asserting that religion is a tool to control the masses? And if it is to control the "masses," amazing how when "religion" began, it was not about controlling the "masses" but to give praise, thanks, and worship for everyday life, etc., huh?

Thank you for making my point that religion is really no longer about what it began as, but has become about control, fear, and betterment of the few at the expense of the many.

Jesus had it right for the most part, and like the Jews before him, allowed a system of teaching and goodness to become rife with corruption.

edit: Sorry, two members using the same terminal. It happens.

DeltaChaos out.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You cant debunk christianity, it is undebunkable because it is real. Explain how Jesus walked on water. You cant can you? Or how about turning water into wine? Or rising from the dead? You cant so go crawl back under the rock from which you came you hate mongerer

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
why all the flamming of christianty? why not have "international ATS/BTS flame islam, bhudism(sp),judiaism(sp) day" or would that not be politically correct.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
This might be the best thread I have ever seen...

Debunking christianity......FOR FUN!!!

I enjoy it too.

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shenroon
O.K this isnt really a religious consiracy its just me debunking religions for fun (mainly Christianity.)Some one post sumut and ill tell you what i think

As an Athiest I love the idea of this thread.

Jim Bleikamp: Okay, and in the studio a man well known to many of you, a local Atheist, Frank Zindler, who is now a science writer, but who is also a former professor of biology and geology at a branch of the State University of New York where, by the way, I first made his acquaintance a few years ago. [He has] a masters in Geology and has pursued doctoral studies in neurophysiology. Frank? Did I get that all right
source

And more info here

Explain how Jesus walked on water

If Jesus walked on water he drowned rather then died on a cross .

how about turning water into wine?

Heard of grape juice?

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
If Jesus walked on water he drowned rather then died on a cross .
ROTFL! now that is an understatement if I ever heard one.

Personally, I just think he missed the boat.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Religion cant be debunked, since every one believes in one form or another.
Everyone believes in something, be it that the world is against you or that the world is yours to have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join