It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Favourite Car?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
...thought I'd drop another reply in here:

Saw the funniest thing while driving to work. I was behind an old Datsun 1600 which was slammed on a set of alloys, nice paint and super straight...sitting at a set of lights. I have seen this Datto on the drag-strip, so know what its powered by and the times it runs.

Pulling up next to him was a new model M3 SMG...Datto driver compliments M3 Driver on a having great looking car...M3 driver gives the Datto driver the 'pfffft, get bent loser' look...Datto driver must have thought *right, an M3 for breakfast sounds nice* and blips the throttle...M3 Driver revs his motor and gives Datto driver a 'hahaha, you must be joking' look. Lights go green. Clutch gets dumped. Tyre smoke erupts.

...when I saw this Datto on a dragstrip it was powered by a VERY modified Nissan FJ20DET from the R30 RS Skylines...it cut a 12 sec 1/4, would have been substantially faster if he had traction and didn't go sideways for the last half of the strip...easy low 11/high 10sec with traction...

M3 Driver might wanna sell and buy a Datsun...

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by alien]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I haven't seen any of the rice burner kids post anything here... I KNOW you guys are here! You know... the five thousand dollar cars with ten grand worth of upgrades and a crappy paintjob with a spoiler bigger than the car and the coffee-can exhaust tip. Man I hate those cars.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
I haven't seen any of the rice burner kids post anything here... I KNOW you guys are here! You know... the five thousand dollar cars with ten grand worth of upgrades and a crappy paintjob with a spoiler bigger than the car and the coffee-can exhaust tip. Man I hate those cars.

Hey now,

I've got a 1500 dollar car with about 12,000 dollars into it
oh, and a crappy paint job.
no spoiler or coffee can muffler tho.
It was getting the FAA to approve my pilots licence to fly low..

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Don't forget that they need a US$ 5,000.00 stereo in their Hondas. Fury did post a picture of his rice burner.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Don't forget that they need a US$ 5,000.00 stereo in their Hondas. Fury did post a picture of his rice burner.

refurb

this is where i get most of my stereo equip, the rest i get from my korean buddy in town.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Ummm...okay...I would've maybe qualified as a Rice-Ricer a few years ago...having a owned a plethora of Jap Imports, slammed on their nuts, blingbling alloys, flop-flop Chameleon paints, drain-pipe exhaust systems, wings a 747-400 would be proud of...and of course the obligatory Night Club shaming audio system with no backseat due to making more room for bigger subwoofers...though I never ventured into that ultimate rice-crime of undercar neons...

Now I like subtlety, smooth lines, enhanced suspension/braking with a tasteful set of alloys (no chromies...blingbling chromies MUST die) nice sounds (but not earth shattering, SQL over SPL) and a fair bit of mumbo under the bonnet...

But...if its rice you want, then check this link out...its to a car my Car Club had been trying to catch on film for some time. The car is a late model Mitsubishi Diamante 3.5 V6...which are nice cars...however this guy has fitted (from what we can tell) spoilers/vents/flare kits/wings/sideskirts/frontbar etc from at least 5 different vehicle manufacturers...

...sorry about the bland colour, the pics/film was shot at night at one of the local Street Car nightspots...and the person shooting it didn't select night-vision...

THE SHARK

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
if I listed all my favorite cars ever, this would be a really long post. but if I was buying a car today, I'd put myself on a waiting list for a new Mini Cooper and then buy a convertible new Beetle. so by the time I'm done with the Beetle, my name will be at the front of the line for the Mini Cooper.
or a new Thunderbird. I didn't like them at first, but they've grown on me. a light blue one with the optional matching interior accents...
aww yeah!

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
ok, here's me n' my car...
lol

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
holy crap, that car must have at least 8500 bhp judging by all the crap on it (according to the following rules).

Just remember these basic rules for suping up your ricer-ride:

1. The manufacturer decal on your rear windshield will add at LEAST 200bhp (the bigger, the more hp is added)

2. Civics NEED spoilers so they don't get blown sideways when I drive past them. The bigger the spoiler the better. Also, make sure it's a different color than the paint on the car... get extra bhp boosts with plain metal ones.

3. A 'Type R' sticker will add 350bhp EASY while just adding the 'R' sticker to the end of the name of your car already in place only adds 100 bhp. (I once saw a Toyota Cellica Type R... no kidding
)

4. Any side skirts, rear valance kits and front bumper kits will add bhp according to how ugly they are (the uglier the better). For instance, if your Honda Del Sol has a bumper/intake kit that looks like you could suck up a watter buffalo, you've probably got 200-300 more horsepower than you started with.

5. The 'Fart Can' (exhaust tip... just remember, the faker the better) is a necessity for any Ricer. It not only makes your car sound like it has engine problems (apparently this is 'cool') but it can add up to 1000bhp. For instance, the one I saw yesterday would probably have added 800 or 900 bhp. It was (NOT KIDDING) about 6 or 7 inches in diameter. I'm considering welding two coffee cans onto my exhaust tips to add a combined 2000bhp.

6. Colored rims can, not only distract your opponents, butt can also look like pure crap, a must have for a profesional Ricer.

Am I missing any?????

[Edited on 25-7-2003 by Greyhaven]

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greyhaven
Am I missing any?????

...yep...a ton of Mashi Moro stuffed toys and miniture cars with actual working lights stuck all over the dashboard...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I don't have a favorite.

I have a nice car with whiz-bang (luxury not sports) features and computer controls that some people freak at, after they have finished laughing at the funny voice the car has when it greets me. I would have preferred a female voice to a male one, although I'm no fan of the old Knight Rider series.

I have something more interesting:

an Oz-produced package in a DVD case and featuring a colour book with the piccies and specs of 34 supercars, and (hilarious) a CD featuring perfect engine sound recording of each of them doing one circuit around an Aussie race track.

Including

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
Bentley Azure, & Arnage Le Mans Series
Ferrari 355 Spider
Ferrari 360 Modena
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari 512M
Ferrari 512TR
Ford Mustang GT 350 Fastback Race Car
Jaguar E Type
Lamborghini Diablo VT 4WD Roadster
Maserati 3200 GT
Nissan Skyline R32 GTR

and a few other Oz cars, yank tanks, BMers and Porsches.

To my knowledge the Skyline GTR is the fastest off the mark production car yet built. 0-100kph in 3.3 sec, 1/4 mile 10.5 secs, but its top speed of 307kph is 10ks under the faster Ferraris and 20ks under the Lamborghini. The Skyline sounds unique amongst all the deep throaty and screaming high pitch fast cars. It sounds alien.

Petrolheads drool over the CD like I drool over some music.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Gimme the Bandit over all that rice any day. I like Nissan a bit, but not Riced out. Super Rice must DIE!. Long Live American Muscle!

- sits with Advisor over in the "American Car" section. -

lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:33 AM
link   
www.beaterz.com...

Under the Reviews sention and the One Liners section.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Alien, glad you matured from your sticking flashy crap on your car phase.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Hey freddie, what about those of us who just kinda skipped it?

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight

Hey freddie, what about those of us who just kinda skipped it?

I guess we did not waste our money then.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Whoa MaskedAvatar...those performance figures for the GTR are very likely for a modified one, as they are substantially more impressive than one straight off the factory floor...

R32 Goddie:
0-100kph: 4.73sec
0-400m: 13.02sec

...though two New Zealand GTRs are dropping much better times...Reece McGregors R32 is currently carding 8.63@260kph, and Glen Sucklings R32 does 8.69@255kph.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
alien

Yeah, when I saw those specs, I was a little incredulous myself, but there they are in black & white.

If this stuff turns you on, you can probably still get the package from the 'red shed' for under ten bucks.

Or, if you can't live without it and you can't get one where everyone gets a bargain, U2U me.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
www.jimmy540i.com...

How can people do that to a car? a BMW?????
There must be really stupid people out there, i was laughing for 15 min watching all the pics (there are 13 pages of pics) of the worst BWM-owners and their insanity with the car,

Hope u have a good laugh

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join