It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats Your Favourite Car?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Oh hears a pretty cool project. I know of a company that you can buy a kit from that lets yoou drop in a Grand National engine into a Chevette. You may be wondering tat the car would blow up with that much power but you have to swap axles and rearend to make it last.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by jetsetter]

The funny thing is that these types of swaps are common and extreamly reliable, (our motto is we can do anything with enough weld beads.. )

It's quite common to take the 2.0L engine out of a CRV and put it into a CRX or civic.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Hey James, I really dont think you should rebuild the 305. The 305 was a smogger engine. I would just go down to the junk yard and get a old 350 out of some Caprice, rebuild it and drop it in your Firebird.

Ok, first off, I know that. but you gotta realize the power inherant in a 305 is the same as a Ford 302. No one does up 305's. I like to be unique. I want to have the 305 with 400 horse. For now, I setlle for the 350 horse i'll get out of it after I go to Kentucky. but after I get the money, the bottom end is coming out too. Im gonna stroke it with a 400 crank. and I know I can, I have seen all the numbers.

To Advisor: Hell yeah man, I'm down. where you from? and bro, screw flying far, far away...my bird is more like a roadrunner...just takes off and keeps going. Fast. and that's WITH a stock 305 under the hood, trust me, the thing has speed that even I can't explain. its freaky! a consipricy, I tell you! lol

To my fearless leader, Fury: Dude, I still only like Nissans, lol.

[Edited on 24-7-2003 by JamesLimelight]

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight

To my fearless leader, Fury: Dude, I still only like Nissans, lol.

I know, after i get done with my CRX, i'm getting a 95-97 240 se and putting a sr20det into it.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Dude, rock on. read upward to my first post. i basicly laid down the stuff about my old Nissan

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesLimelight
Dude, rock on. read upward to my first post. i basicly laid down the stuff about my old Nissan

what i really wanna do is drop a 350 in an old nissan 280z .. it's called a scarab conversion,
I was made late 70's early 80's and drasticly improves the handling characteristics of the car, plus add's hp.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
hell yeah man, that would rock mjor ass. I know with my old Stanza, that thing made the quarter in 14 seconds. and only witht he fuel system done, NOS and a valve job.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Nissan Xterra for me. It has that tough look, but at the same time has the sporty look!

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Porsche 914. I have/had a 1970 one. Mid-engine roadster, perfectly balanced (great for cornering). Unfortunately, I blew the engine and trans. How do you do that on a 914??? Porsche pureists will tell you it is really a Volkswagon. Hey, I don't care! I also have a 6 cylindar VW Jetta. That car moves.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freddie
Porsche 914. I have/had a 1970 one. Mid-engine roadster, perfectly balanced (great for cornering). Unfortunately, I blew the engine and trans. How do you do that on a 914??? Porsche pureists will tell you it is really a Volkswagon. Hey, I don't care! I also have a 6 cylindar VW Jetta. That car moves.

It's got a different head then the VW on that 914 right?

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's a VW engine. Completely different.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   

This one actually looks like mine. Same color, not a gt....

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

This one actually looks like mine. Same color, not a gt....

Yeah I like the small cars,
here's one like mine...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Small, light weight cars, cannot go wrong! BTW, Porsche 914-6's (using 911 engines) GT won Le Mans. My ideal car is a Pantera de Tomoso, powered by Ford? Of course, I don't have US$70k to blow on a car...

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
nice choice there, freddie.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC II (R34J)

If you add/replace several parts this car can reach over 900 horsepower(NO NITRIOUS(sp))

Too bad it has to be imported
(the car)

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
1974 International Harvester Scout 2.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Those are actually quite collectable, unlike the Porsche 914.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Those are actually quite collectable, unlike the Porsche 914.

I blew the engine in mine coming back from a gold prospecting trip and sold it. I am sorry now that I did. I cried for weeks. I went to some amazing places in Colorado, and Arizona in that Scout. I took the top off right after I got it and left it off. People used to look at me funny in Colorado driving thru a blizzard in an open cockpit 4wd. When I got to Arizona I took the doors off as well. One day I will have another one. I love cars that you can work on anywhere you have a toolbox. No smog bull#, no computer bull#. I could stand between the side of the engine and the fender wall.

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I too like small cars. I own a volkswagen Golf 1997. Unlike some of you, I only own one car, and I didn't really had the opportunity to choose, I'm not rich, my previous car broke and I had a deal, so..

But at least, you can park almost anywhere with that ! lol

posted on Jul, 24 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I too like small cars. I own a volkswagen Golf 1997. Unlike some of you, I only own one car, and I didn't really had the opportunity to choose, I'm not rich, my previous car broke and I had a deal, so..

But at least, you can park almost anywhere with that ! lol

Cool. My buddy had a Golf of about the same year. It had an 8-cylindar engine. That car moved.

Another of my cars is an old Mercury Grand Marquis. When I get on the expressway, people try to go around me, figuring I am about 70 years old. Then I punch the gas and they all look silly. I hate the car because it is so big, though. I am always afraid of sideswiping parked cars.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join