It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing white light, paralysed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I just want to clear something up that happened over a year ago. I became concious while in bed ''sleeping'' that is my eyes were open and i could see a very bright white light coming through the window yet i could not move at all. I must have fell asleep again because that is really all i recall of the incident aside from being frustrated/fearful too.
I dont presume at all that this was anything like an abduction, i am not really prone to fanciful visions and stuff like that. The only reason i posted this was to get some feedback from other members that may have had similiar experiences, it has never happened to me before or since, not once.
I have read that the brain can sometimes become awakened but the body can still be paralysed or in a kind of sleep mode to prevent us acting out our dreams and becoming harmed in reality.

Thoughts.

[edit on 4/17/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think this is that 'half asleep, half awake' thing. I've had it happen to me where I'm asleep, and dreaming (I was skiing) but for ages I was bombarded with images of the doors in my house and friends walking around. In my sleep, I was looking at the doors, and watching my friends walk by me.

Using the same sort of technique, you can sometimes 'control' your dreams. Some really interesting (and freaky stuff) can happen when you're stuck between consciousness and unconsciousness.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I saw a bright white light to, except my eyes were closed. Then I felt like I was dropped on my bed

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hand of God? I dunno, anything can happen in dreams, it always seems very very real, even when you know it can't be.

new topics

top topics

join