It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the WATS "hall of fame"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Sorry if I'm dumb enough to have missed the obvious but...

I'd like to see like a list of people who received the WATS award. Is there for instance a thread where they are announced? Is is on a special page? I didn't find it... Except noticing the nice medal in the profile,...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sounds like a great idea to me....

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'd LOVE this. The annual awards stay, but the monthly awards don't. It'd be a great idea.

Really, we could just make a list of Gools' threads.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
That is a super Idea, im not sure what would have go into it to work.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Really, we could just make a list of Gools' threads.

I only started the last few "congrats" threads and I've only been here about a year, but thanks for noticing.

This is a good idea though. After the medal goes away there is no "proof" that someone was ever a monthly WATS winner.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
there is an annual and monthly award? wow, they should make a decade award too

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good to see I'm not that dumb!

I really thought I missed something...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

Ya gotta exist long enough! Let's go for a five-year award first.

It's hard for people to stay around for long enough, and to accumulate enough votes for it to be fair. More members=more votes. Besides, the system isn't that old itself, relatively new.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
We meet here sometimes, but it's a secret society.

Shhhhhhhh.

And never ask about dragonrider, or the time the poster formerly known as "THENEO" "won" the award

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thanks MA. I didn't read everything I must admit, but it must be interesting... At least fun sometimes...

On the other end, the thread seem to go off like a place where one occasionally likes to flame another... Sad for such a thing...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Personalities exist, some more amenable to individual differences and discussion of opinion than others.

However I can't recall any "TWATS" flaming other "TWATS" on that particular thread!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS

How would you feel if you´ve been on ATS for ten years, and then somebody being a member for just two weeks runs off with this award? Maybe he/she deserved it, but that would still make me a bit bitter I think. I mean, ten freaking years! Medals are not that important, but of course it would be nice to have one.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It would also be nice if we could see each members applause, warns, awards and why they got them, in the profiles. I know "warns" we can already.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Event Horizon
It would also be nice if we could see each members applause, warns, awards and why they got them, in the profiles.

Bad idea, I think. I would like to be able to see that too, but it will become a breading ground for arguments and fights. Better not...

EDIT:
But it would be nice to have a counter showing how many warns/applauses each member got in total. Not the reason for it.

[edit on 2005/4/17 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
MA: I remember THENEO. It's kinda sad the post count is at 11 now.

Originally posted by Event Horizon
It would also be nice if we could see each members applause, warns, awards and why they got them, in the profiles. I know "warns" we can already.

Old News. The thread is premade and preclosed for ya.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
MA: I remember THENEO. It's kinda sad the post count is at 11 now.

Well, the interesting unmentionable is that he was posthumously (after banning) awarded TWATS of the month, and then that was announced as a joke.

I was educated in the Order Of TWATS thread about all the recognition that occured prior to April 2003, that was interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How about a Way Below Top Secret award? That would be cool.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
How about a Way Below Top Secret award? That would be cool.

Those who are ignored by most people? Yeah, that would be cool.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   

And never ask about dragonrider, or the time the poster formerly known as "THENEO" "won" the award

You hath mentioned those we do not speak of....Here is thy yellow cloak...now be gone from thy village!!!

From that thread, this was the list, ending with Skadi in Oct. 2003. Not sure of the order after this though, but here's a starting point for someone else...

John Bull1
Byrd
Nyeff
Ultra-Phoenix
William
Dragonrider
Seekerof
Masked Avatar
Gazrok
Skadi the Evil Elf

Think I got it a couple more times, and Seekerof had some repeat months also (before we became mods), just not sure of the order after this.....

[edit on 18-4-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Gazrok

God is in the detail

AND

You must be certain of the devil.

This is ATS. Ve don't "just not sure of the order" here!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join