It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deny Ignorance? Deny Anger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I touched on this in another one of my posts but I thought it deserved its own thread.

I have not been here for long, but I can't help noticing the abundance of extremely heated arguments here on ATS. One thing I have learned about arguments with others, especially ones on the internet, is that the likelyhood of it ending in a real solution is decreased as they get more heated. People automatically turn themselves off when approached aggressively with any viewpoint that they don't initially share.

Many believe that the very people who attempt to control our knowledge also have people working to bring about this environment on the web. But if we are bringing about this environment ourselves, then shame on us.

On the other hand, also read a great deal of elaborate, and very interesting debates on here that involve members calmly addressing others' points, debunking / agreeing with them and adding their own take. They accomplish mountains more this way than simple bickering. These types of threads seem to take us further toward the goal that we all share, figuring this stuff out.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by benign]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
disregard this thread...

I just discovered the "ignore" function...

new topics

join