It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all animals are created equal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I have to agree with James
, vultures simply wait for something to die and then they eat them -- talk about opportunists. There is baboon population that eats termites. Their fingers aren't able to reach into the termite mounds so they have been known to use long sticks to poke into the mounds to extract the termites. And, furthermore, humans are omnivores as that classification depends upon both tooth structure and formation as well as the length of the intestines: respective short and long intestinal length determines vegetarian and carnivore diets. Medium intestinal length, as found in humans and primates denote the clasification of omnivorous diets which allow us to eat a vegetarian diet as well as to produce the intestinal enzymes required to consume meat. I won't even begin to discuss the diets of bacteria and virus except to say that we are all food for something

Primate Carnivory and Its Significance to Human Diets I think you and James will find this article fascinating.

posted on May, 7 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Hell, PETA doesn't even agree with you! They kill over 1,300 animals a year at the PETA headquarters alone! They have a 10x15 foot walk in freezer for the dead bodies. Or the "Save the dolphin, don't eat tuna." Gee, what about the tuna? "Go to hell." Just wait for the BS Bus Tour on PETA, you shall learn.

I don't support or agree with PETA. They have to justify themselves AND in view they can't - I am not here to fight their battle.

This has been and always will be an emotive issue. Those who don't care about animal life (that is farming animals) are entitled to their view and me to mine. I choose to believe that we have NO right to exploit and murder animals. Those who have a differing view have to justify this to themselves not me. BUT, if I prompt one person only to think and perhaps change their habits I have done my job.

<< 1   >>

join