It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Voting Map Prediction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
Huh? I first read that book in 1985 and read it every now and then still. What character do you see as being the basis for Titor?

It's more the story not the characters on which Titor is based.

Titor left clues.
1. Based in Florida.
2. "Fort" _____.
3. Jacksonville destroyed.
4. Russia (and not China or anyone else) attacked.
5. Omaha, NE
6. Community togetherness

etc.

Though he did modernize it a bit.

en.wikipedia.org...

Alas, Babylon is considered by some to be an inspiration for John Titor's claim of time travel and description of nuclear war in the 2010s.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Hey if John Titor used Alas Babylon maybe he based his predictions off Mr. Adams too.
www.answers.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Either way it flows, Canada's not really gonna be affected. Unless of course everything the John character says is true, then of course Canada'll become a batch of destructive marauders!

Hey, now that raises a question, us Canadians are perceived as nice and apathetic, so what exactly flips the switch for us? Now there's something 'John' never really thought about. Unless I missed it completely.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by The Vagabond Thus he could never have taken the computer back to the people who needed it.

More than that, a 32-bit UNIX system would be totally useless on the type of machine needed to "power" a time machine.

...unless, of course, the time machine is run off coal oil and cog wheels and punch cards.

The only reason that never occurred to me is that my computer is prone to making noises which my mechanic assures me are a sure sign of a faulty transmission. I'm afraid to open it up, but I think there just might be gears in there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join