It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest the one line thread deduction points

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This thread is great for people with under 200 posts......

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
This thread is great for people with under 200 posts......

Like me! I'm only at 34 with this post. I haven't been on ATS/BTS for a LOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time. :bash:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I've got 828 with this one. Doesn't matter anyway, I'm banned from chat because my bro went in w/o my permission and started swearing and stuff. I told SO it wasn't me, but he said I was responsible for my account. Jeez it's not my fault and I wanna refund!

[/rant]

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by diehard_democrat
Jeez it's not my fault and I wanna refund!

I love how denial involves the need to place blame.

Personally, I always learned it's best to just own up to my own responsibilities and deal with the consequenses. I know, I know...that is such a mature thing, but it really does tell people a lot about you.

So, now is everyone done whining or is there more to go?

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I was wrongfully banned from chat to. Dam you 00ps. Makin me answer all your questions. And its not fair there was a supermod there and he said it was okay. Dam you Kano for your false information!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can sort of understand the desire, even the necessity to censure, the one line reply but, at the same time, a clever one line remark can often "make" one's day. Perhaps a council of mods who happen to have a sense of humor can rate the reply on it's comedic merits. Or better still, how about just accept the one liner and not award points. That's more fair than penalizing the poster.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Diehard, that is regrettable but SO was right; YOU and only YOU are responsible for diehard_democrat, so any fallout from that account is on you.

Croat, you've got no leg to stand on. Sit down you tall, tall, man, you'll still see just as fine.

Oh, and btw, posting on stupid threads to get your post count up is weak. TOTALLY WEAK!

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I thought you didnt get any points on bts

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You do. 1 point per post. But Amory meant post count, which counts nomatter where you post it. He is just saying that it is really sad how some people post meaningless junk to up their post count. I'm not trying to do that, I already have 830, give or take a few, and nothing to make me want to up my post count. I'm just protesting the one-liner point deduction!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I've been up ALL night and it's almost 5:30 now and I'm seeding X-Plane with Azureus. If I go and take a shower at 6:00 maybe I'll catch my bus at quarter to 7. My back hurts really bad and I finally finished my homework at about quarter to 4 (all these times are AM).

So how's everybody else doing now? Oh, yeah that's right, your in bed sleeping. Sleeping is for squares.

*yawn*

*snore*

*head falls and hits keyboard*

dfgjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Hey it's getting a tiny bit lighter outside. The sun must be coming up. Yay, another day at school learning stuff just so we can prove what the roots of a quadratic eqation are. And how to convert trinomial form equations into the (x+p)(x+q) form.

Watch closely to the puking guy. About 1/4 of it comes out of his nose.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Click here if you have DSL or faster internet

Click here if you have dial-up internet

These are live motion cams of my favorite skiing resort. They still got some tiny patches of snow on Inga's run! w00t!

Go Afton Alps!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Now it's just after 6:20 (AM). In the morning. AM stands for after midnight, did you know that?

Aren't one-liners fun? Or even multiple lined meaningless junk? Well ya gotta enjoy them while they're around, I hear the anti-one-liner-assosiation may be popping up around here soon. Called the "all-the-mods-raid-diehards-house-and-confiscate-his-computer-so-he-cant-do-any-more-one-liners-assosciation -of-america" or ATMRDHACHCSHCDAMOLAOA, for short.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm gonna go shower in 15 minutes.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well I've got to go brush my teeth and watch my grass grow, and then catch my bus in about 10 minutes. Then my printer is out of paper so I have to email the Martian chronicles comparison project to my teacher, and no thanks to you guys I had to do all the work on my own.

Well it's off to hell, um, school for me.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ha! I'm at home, didn't have to go to school...... We're doing a unit on scienitfic notation...... Totally awesome + easy!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kushi_Master
Ha! I'm at home, didn't have to go to school...... We're doing a unit on scienitfic notation...... Totally awesome + easy!

Hee hee hee.... you'll be doing linear equations, then there will come exponential equations, and then quadratic equations, and then finally the question WHEN THE HELL ARE WE GOING TO USE THIS STUFF?!

Seriously, how many people here use a quadratic equation in your daily worklife. Well us 8th graders do! What a waste of $130 for a stupid graphing calculator! Why don't we learn how to refinance a house, or how to write out checks, or learn how intrest rates and loans work so we can function in todays world instead of on our resume it states "I can do algebra geometry trig calc and stats and I blew 5 years of my life learning that junk". And guess what I'll never use it working at McDonalds bwa ha ha just another way to rip off the taxpayers!!! Way to go you dumba$$ country, you're teaching your kids how to factorize trinomials for millions of dollars when they could be learning REAL math, like how to do taxes and balance a checkbook instead of teaching them 200 million other things that they'll never use except if they're a mathmatician. Save your kids 3 or 4 years of worthless education, and let the mathmaticians come to you, don't force it out of them.How many kids wanna be a mathmatician when they grow up, seriously? If you want a successful nation, teach your kids the necessities.

[/rant]

More than one line, I don't care, I just had to let that out. Been holding it back for MONTHS.

[edit on 4/27/2005 by diehard_democrat]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I can just see the shockwave from that post, diehard.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hey blowhard.

First off, do you have a ti? I love mine. Loaded with so many games I'll never get rid of it. My highscores rock too much.

Anyway, the math is very very very useful, especially for the other science courses you'll have to take. You can't do physics without quadratics (simple physics) and you need to know simple physics. If you go into a field in anything except maybe super model or writer, you'll undoubtably need the math at some point. My uncle called me last year, he was building a tree fort for his kid. Wanted to know how large to make the sides. Simple pythagorean theorem.

Originally posted by Unknown Destinations
I can just see the shockwave from that post, diehard.

Can't see your sig, but I want credit for that!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I protest this thread...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join