It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why I am here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have never thought of myself as someone who is satisfied simply by what I am told. I grew up going to church / religious schools etc. and learned through my experience the immense control that information has over people. What they are shown, how they are shown it, and who shows it to them...

This is my main reason for being here, is to develop my own personal knowledge through research and discussion. Lately I sometimes intentionally dive into arguments, mainly to get an idea of how people develop their own beliefs, why arguments fall on their face, and also working on how to put myself in others' shoes in order to really get a grasp of why people believe what they believe.

By trade I am a graphic designer, by addiction I am a musician, by birth I am a human. I like to make people smile, I like to make people dance, I like to instill feelings of goodness and hope into everyone that I meet / speak to / write to / perform in front of.... And I think that this is why most of us are on here, because we care about other people, and we want to fight against the evils that are inflicted on people every day and throughout our history.

Overall I'm glad I found this site, too much information for me to absorb quickly, so you'll most liikely be seeing much more of me on here.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why am I here?

That's an easy one. If you weren't here, you would be somewhere else!

Welcome benign, check out the Board Questions & Business and use the search at the top of the page to find the answers to all your questions. Yeah right.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   
>> And I think that this is why most of us are on here, because we care about other people, and we want to fight against the evils that are inflicted on people every day and throughout our history.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What good am I if I'm like all the rest,
If I just turned away, when I see how you're dressed,
If I shut myself off so I can't hear you cry,
What good am I?

What good am I if I know and don't do,
If I see and don't say, if I look right through you,
If I turn a deaf ear to the thunderin' sky,
What good am I?

What good am I while you softly weep
And I hear in my head what you say in your sleep,
And I freeze in the moment like the rest who don't try,
What good am I?

What good am I then to others and me
If I've had every chance and yet still fail to see
Bridge: If my hands tied must I not wonder within
Who tied them and why and where must I have been

What good am I if I say foolish things
And I laugh in the face of what sorrow brings
And I just turn my back while you silently die,
What good am I?

Zimmy

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   
thank you,

beautiful poem, hope you don't mind if I save it here.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benign
thank you,

beautiful poem, hope you don't mind if I save it here.

Not at all, I cannot take credit for it..It is a song by Bob Dylan

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Nice, intro, benign

Good to see you here at ATS.

Here
is a hand book of links that may help you answer some questions you have about stuff on ATS

If you have any questions feel free to u2u me, or any other staff member.

Also, for avatar info, here are kinglizard's avatar instructions and a reminder to all ATS members.

Also, here's a great link to help you organize your favorite forums. It will also keep threads you post in as favorites: www.abovetopsecret.com...
This link is also up at the top as myATS

And, don't forget to check out PTS and BTS. You can log in to these other two forums with your ATS login information.

Have a good time here

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Welcome to our little internet world Benign!

Enjoy your stay and play nice!

I am waving to you from Utah USA....

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Benign,

Always glad to have another perspective of our reality.I'm here to open closed doors in ourselves.I'm here to shed light in the darkest days.I'm here to unveil secrets of our universe.I'm here to live and let live.I'm here until my flame is put out.I am here for truth.

sincerely,Menguard

top topics

join