It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Da Vinci Code proves humanity's rapidly declining intellect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The problem with the Da vinci code is that it obscures what is really important about christian worship and faith. Not to metion the author really makes no attempt to point out, or seperate fact from fiction. In fact, the author has publically stated that everything in his book is true except the main characters.

If anything, the Church according to thier belief, is worried about what is going to happen to Dan brown when he dies and is Judged on the number of people he has led away from the saving truth of Gods grace. In a sense it is damage control so that more people are not lose by false teaching.

of course everyone allways thinkgs the Church is acting out of selfish reasons instead

posted on Apr, 21 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The reason the Church issued a warning about it, is because the book reached a fevered pitch. Although most people are capable of understanding the difference between fiction and non. There are alot of people who will never read the book but will have people chew their ear off about all the GARBAGE that is in it. Since it is an attack against the church, they are defending it.

As far as the Catholic church being fraud, and to wealthy...lay off will ya? Why do people feel so free to rip on us, but if its given back all hell breaks loose. The bible is indeed vague. Its an book to be interpeted. A novel isnt. DUH. Amazing how all us BILLIONS of people are wrong, but this handfull of ignorant 20 something year old kids have it all figured out.:shk:

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I have always liked the saying, " When I was 19, my parents didn't know anything, but it is amazing how much they learned in the next ten years."

"The more I learn, the less I know." Peter Gabriel
If indeed the church's main concern is for Mr. Brown's apres death sentence for leading so many 'astray', I applaud their intent, but imho it is unnecessary. That is between him and Spirit, and I feel his spiritual path has naught to do with any of the churches or anyone else but himself. I doubt that is the main intent though, and feel it is more likely defensively motivated. They are just standing their ground and refuting the idea that there is any truth in his novel at all. I happen to feel that much of what I hear is in it is not at all implausable.

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The reason I dont like Da Vinci Code or Angels and Demons is the comical way the protagonist Robert Langdon responds to different situations. Its all symbology :

Assasin has a gun in your face- he thinks how Leonardo Da Vinci symbols would come to your aid :bnghd:

He follows the bad guy into some building- what he looks at is the architecture :bnghd: :bnghd: Iam already gettin a headache bangin my head

Also, the evil geniuses always follow some old fable to decide the next master criminal step

Reminds me of a movie: The hero always thought about sex even if the bad guy was on his head....what was it...what was it....
O..OH Austin Powers

My analogy:

Austin Powers:sex:: Robert Langdon:Symbology

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Da Vinci Code has something that the Bible lacks: clarity

oh most deffinetly... the DaVinci code is a great hand-book to iniciate someone in the fine arts of hatred...

lets see..." Jesus married Mary Magdlene, and after he was crucified she fled to what in our days is known as France, maybe even England...Off course the Royal Brits or the Royal French are obviously grand-children of Jesus, and the REAL ppl of God...and if you're not French, Britt or the closest thing to them you are nothing but inferiro garbage..." sadly this ideology was also behind Hitler's hatred, the difference is that he thought the German were the "superior" race "... nothing like a good novel, to find out that if you're French or Britt you gotta be superior..............

posted on Apr, 22 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Originally posted by paperclip
Da Vinci Code has something that the Bible lacks: clarity

oh most deffinetly... the DaVinci code is a great hand-book to iniciate someone in the fine arts of hatred...

lets see..." Jesus married Mary Magdlene, and after he was crucified she fled to what in our days is known as France, maybe even England...Off course the Royal Brits or the Royal French are obviously grand-children of Jesus, and the REAL ppl of God...and if you're not French, Britt or the closest thing to them you are nothing but inferiro garbage..." sadly this ideology was also behind Hitler's hatred, the difference is that he thought the German were the "superior" race "... nothing like a good novel, to find out that if you're French or Britt you gotta be superior..............

Though I feel that the tomb of Mary Magdalene that was in southern France was genuine, and that Jesus had at least three kids, I do not feel that means that any one group has bragging rights. If the Hapsburgs, etc. are indeed his distant descendents, they are still human, and vulnerable to human faults as anyone. I do not consider nobility to be superior in any area except maybe financial clout, and feel that any and all ethnicities are just as able to be saintly or devilish. Who knows, maybe one of his descendents will end up being a real life Darth Vader? I won't read the Da Vinci Code, not cuz I feel it is hateful, just cuz I have read all the source material that his fiction is cobbled together from, and the original works are of far more value to me. No novel is a credible source for the truth, by its very nature of being fiction. If Jesus Justus, son of Jesus and Mary, did indeed accompany Joseph of Arimathea to Glastonbury at one time, that does not make all Brits holy, just as the fact of John Paul II once visiting my hometown does not make me Catholic. I see nothing hateful in the theory that Jesus was a husband and father, in fact it makes him more lovable to me. I can relate to him better, and have more confidence in his knowing my trials and joys, if he experienced them personally. It is like reading a book on swimming as opposed to getting in the water. His life as a man would, imho, be incomplete without those things.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join