It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Jump Day!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.worldjumpday.org...

Check out the link above!! Its pretty interesting!! There is a program trying to get millions of people to jump on earth to drive the planet into a new orbit which might change the planetary position and likely to stop global warming, extend daytime hours, and create a more homogenous climate!!

Humm what if they launch the eaarth hurling into the sun!!?!?!? Is that possible??! SOMEBODY STOP THEM!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nice thread

Over in the UK, its marathon day! I wont be in it though, shame I wouldnt mind doing the run and becoming famous.

Then maybe not, anyway other things I have to do. Maybe next year!

Sorry no links at the mo.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
how cool, I say why the hell not join them and jump, I mean what could possibly happen?

only 600,000,099 more Jumpers needed

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Don't think it would have any effect. It's similar to the old 'if everyone in China jumped at the same time' hypothesis (if you could call it that..):

www.straightdope.com...
given the principle that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, when the Chinese get up on their chairs, they would essentially be pushing the earth down in the process of elevating themselves. Then, when they jumped off, the earth would simultaneously spring back, attracted by the gravitational mass of one billion airborne Chinese persons, with the result that the Chinese and the earth would meet somewhere in the middle, if you follow me. The upshot of this is that action and reaction would cancel each other out and the earth would remain securely in orbit.

Just for fun, suppose 1,000,000,000 Chinese, give or take 27,000,000, were somehow to materialize atop chairs without their having to elevate themselves thereto. And suppose they jumped off.

Having performed astonishing feats of mathematical acrobatics (requiring the entire afternoon, I might note--sometimes I can't believe the crap I spend my time on), I calculate that the resultant thud in aggregate would be the equivalent of 500 tons of TNT Not bad, but nowhere near enough to dislocate the earth, which weighs 6 sextillion, 588 quintillion short tons

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah, who cares, why not jump. I think I'll do it, but, eh, it's next year?

=/

-wD

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Nothing will happen

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
There is a program trying to get millions of people to jump on earth to drive the planet into a new orbit

And if everyone farted at the same time would it make the world blow up....

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What would happen if everyone flushed the toilet at the same time?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Scientific research has proven that this change of planetary positioning would very likely stop global warming, extend daytime hours and create a more homogenous climate.

Yeah, right. Some of those things aren't even good. It won't do a damned thing.

I'm jumpin'. Most Definitely.
Damned if I care if it's at 6:39 in the morning!

What would happen if everyone flushed the toilet at the same time?

Well, depending on your neighborhood water service, nothing or something. You might do some damage if your system is old fashioned or in need or repairs.

Also, you'd waste A LOT of water.

[edit on 4/16/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   
niiice thread...

it wouldn't work though...

or maybe it will

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
it wouldn't work though...

or maybe it will

We'll just have to wait and see, I guess. If next June it gets nice and agreeable everywhere, and the days don't get shorter, we'll know.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
june 30th is my b-day...

they better not ruin it

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. I think this started as a joke, then it turned into a hoax. Even if every person on Earth was to jump in the same spot all at once, nothing will happen. The same thing if every person on the planet would sneeze at the same time in the same spot and facing the same direction...nothing would happen....

Not even the meteor/s that supposedly caused the extintion of the dinosaurs and other species had enough mass/energy to move the planet....what makes anyone think that millions of people could do this?

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
what makes anyone think that millions of people could do this?

Nothing. But it's kitschy.

On the topic of shifting the planet, the December earthquake causes the Earth to wobble QUITE a bit for a while. That was a fascinating read.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't see how they can get 600 million jumbers, but I have already put it on my PDA. July 20, 2006 6:39:13.

I don't think it will work though, and I don't see 600 million people jumping at the EXACT same time.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Nothing. But it's kitschy.

On the topic of shifting the planet, the December earthquake causes the Earth to wobble QUITE a bit for a while. That was a fascinating read.

Well, the movement was very small, it wasn't that big and it was caused when a large chunck of landmass moved. However, there were quite some other changes in the geology of the surrounding area caused by the seaquake.

Anyways, these 600 million people are not going to have any effect on moving the Earth, if they ever get that amount of people, and if for some reason they are able to get all these people in one spot.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Well, the movement was very small, it wasn't that big and it was caused when a large chunck of landmass moved.

Jah. An inch, as I recall, amongst 30 feet or so? Still, it's a huge number compared to what else is happening around us.

I still say the jumpday is a great idea. I love these sort of things, "Everybody! Go do this on this day!" Or,

HACK THE PLANET!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
jah, it's the butterfly effect. and it's empowering to do something collectively. i say - do it just to feel in some small, insignificant way- empowered.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well...

didn't the sri lanka tsunami speed up the earth a VERY little???

my brother (10) told me this and this is interesting...

any details???

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.marxist.com...

The earth tremor that generated the Tsunami not only slowed down the rotation of the earth for a moment but also considerably changed the pace and sequence of events in the Sri Lankan political arena as well.

my mistake...

it slowed the rotation of the earth...

this is interesting...

also:

NASA Details Earthquake Effects on the Earth
NASA scientists using data from the Indonesian earthquake calculated it affected Earth's rotation, decreased the length of day, slightly changed the planet's shape, and shifted the North Pole by centimeters. The earthquake that created the huge Tsunami also changed the Earth's rotation.

ENJOY!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join