It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corporate Psychopaths? Read the Scientific Study!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
this morning i found This article on SBC/Yahoo news

biz.yahoo.com...

Coping with workplace psychos
Thursday April 14, 6:00 am ET
Jay MacDonald

As many as one in 100 adults in the workplace is a psychopath, according to the forthcoming "Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work" by Robert D. Hare, Ph.D., professor emeritus in psychology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada, and Paul Babiak, Ph.D., a New York-based industrial-organizational psychologist. Not surprisingly, psychopaths comprise as much as a quarter of the prison population.

There also are a few psychos that manage to find a home in the workplace. Most of them aren't likely to slice and dice in their off hours like Wall Street wiz Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho" or sauté their neighbors like Hannibal Lecter in "Silence of the Lambs." But their innate charm, lust for thrills and lack of conscience can exact similar damage on the careers of those who stand in their way.

Unless you can find a way to have your company's psycho moved from the corner office to the local sanitarium, you're going to have to find a way to work with (or around) that person in order to hang onto your job. It helps to cope when you know a little about what makes such a person tick.

Practical demon-keeping
"Psychopaths know the difference between right and wrong, but they think it's amusing that you and I differentiate it," says Babiak. "They don't see a separation between what's mine and what's yours; what I own is theirs. They don't see my ownership of property or even my life as something valuable that they need to respect."

According to Hare, psychopaths share this laundry list of abnormalities:

lack of remorse or empathy
shallow emotions
manipulativeness
lying
egocentricity
glibness
low frustration tolerance
episodic relationships
parasitic lifestyle
persistent violation of social norms

Weiner says a corporate culture that turns a blind eye to aggressive one-upmanship is a perfect breeding ground for psychopathic bullies.

Do psychos actually make it to the top?

"I would have to say yes," says Babiak. "To quote 'Survivor': They can outwit, outplay and outlast everybody."

So when you call the boss crazy, you just might be right."

my opinion :::

I told ya so

hehe

If you werent aware that Psychopaths rule the corporations of america you were poorly informed....

This report gives more weight to the arguement that the "Elitists" in this nation, America; are the Psychopaths of the population

Rich, Greedy, Selfish, Egocentric, Corrupt
PSYCHOPATHS !

this rocks
now i can officially and realistically call them psychopaths!

SBC/Yahoo news is actually reasonably Balanced

They reported on SKULL/BONES Bush-Kerry Connection!!!
thats where i learned about the Skull-Bones thing!!!
was from SBC/Yahoo news

any news agency that will report on Kerry-Bush Skull-bones connection is a GOOD News Agency!!!!

for SBC / Yahoo news!!!

Finally a big Media company that is 'almost' Fair and Balanced!

Edit :: I deleted 70% of the article; which i reproduced in this thread
this was due to being called on "Excessive Quoting"
i will try my best to follow this rule from now on
sorry for the trouble yall
my bad
*i left the cool parts of the article in the thread 'few paragraphs' so you will know what its about

[edit on 16-4-2005 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Interesting read.... thanks for that.

Have you ever seen the documentary called; "The Corporation"? It just came out on DVD a couple of weeks ago.

www.imdb.com...
www.thecorporation.com...

You'd probably like it.

join