It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 Blacks attack 4 white women

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I found the thread title here to be misleading and somewhat racist in its own right.

"30 Blacks attack 4 white women"

This was actually kids on kids violence and 4 white women weren't attacked at all. It's still an ugly situation but starting the thread with an inflamatory title didn't help.

Kids, especially teenagers, are often cruel and violent little monsters, regardless of what ethnic group they come from.

My hope and prayers are that someday we shall all overcome something as useless and ignorant as racism.

There is only one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like that or not.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

But those black kids are only going to grow up and become black adults, same with the girls. Do you think they learned any lessons from this situation? I think not. I grew up in a tough neighborhood with some kids that practically lived in the juvenile courts. They came out the same way they went in, and I'm talking about white kids here.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I tried to discover any supporting facts for this story and could not. The New York Post has a section on their site for daily police blotter and I was able to locate and abstract from March 30th. However, they wanted me to pay for the full report.

I want to comment on this story but require more proof of this story before I get to carried away.

Can anyone locate a second resource?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The title is indeed misleading. Topic will be moved to US News Discussion found Here You may continue your discussion there

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by steggyD

But those black kids are only going to grow up and become black adults, same with the girls. Do you think they learned any lessons from this situation? I think not. I grew up in a tough neighborhood with some kids that practically lived in the juvenile courts. They came out the same way they went in, and I'm talking about white kids here.

Are you saying that teenagers don't change when they grow into adults? That they don't learn and form new opinions and develope new outlooks on life?

I can assure you they do.

As A teen i was no walk in the park. The juvenile detention center came right out and told me that I was doing life on the installment plan. Every time they let me go i'd end up right back in for fighting, drugs, alcohol...name it and I was doing it.

One day I decided i wasn't going to live my life like that. The system didn't change me, I decided that I needed to change and did. I settled down, a few years later when I was 21 I got married, had three beautiful kids who I raised to be wonderful adults.

I don't think these children should be charged with a hate crime and thrown away for it. They should pay a price for their actions, but they are still kids.

All children are worth fighting for.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020
Again, Im on my way out the door, so Ill have time to gather my thoughts better.

I still cant help but wonder what the "tones" would be if the roles were reversed here.

They'd be the same.

God it sucks being a middle class white guy now. No freedom of thoughts or speech.

B/S I couldn't pay a white-person to be born non-white in this country. Unless you're trying to have it easy with the latinas or something..

Nevermind any sort of outrage against those who do this, save it for the white guy whos sickened by it.

The people who have come down on the racist part are moderators. We've got a responsibility to make sure that that sort of thing doesn't poison the posting enviroment. And to pretend that none of the mods here care about four girls getting rapped is facile.

there is a huge racial problem in this country. Scolding people who talk about it wont solve it.

Neither will allowing racists to be racist, certianly not without passing comment on it. You are more than welcome to talk about a hypocritical standard in terms of prosecuting hate crimes.
How many hate crimes does that Police Department investigate as such anyway? Its not all that common, its not done in every instance.

You know I didnt think that spliff was saying anything racists.

You should read the post more carefully. If someone was commenting on, say, the ethinic cleansing and rounds of murder-extremination in the balkans and said 'Those croats are animals', you'd take it as racist/bigoted no?

Nothing racist there.

Indeed, those kids acted in a savage and barbaric manner. However, the very next statement telegraphed the actions of a few thugs into the entire population of all black people in the US.

steggyd
Waiting for someone to say something racially motivated in any way?

You mean you'd be surprised if a moderator noticed a potentially charged topic and was paying attention ot its progression, ready for signs of irrelevance, racism and general off topicness?

, you have only helped to prove a point

And you think that there is no 'point' demonstrated in a questionable news source that reports the event in terms of races? Lets not pretend that this is thread is an innocent news report gone horribly awry here.

We're [mostly] adults here. Spliff has a point, this is obviously a hate crime. He's also, by his own admission, racist. The report itself, is racist. Look at the title, its generated to appeal to racist white guysto confirm their own racism, black animals raping innocent white women, it pulls at the racists strings, purposefully.
Everyone pretends that white people have it so bad. Why, because of affirmative action? Black people are 12-14 percent of the US population. They're a minority. White people are a majority, by far, and thats not changing for a long time, despite hysterical reports of the 'white race drowning in a brown tide'. Who controls the money, the power, the industry, the infrastructure, the military, the government, the international situation, the educational sytsem, history itself, and practicaly everything else? White people. White peopel are not under some sort of existential threat from so called 'non-whites'. If you are born white in the US, you have, merely by this accident of birth, a tremendous advantage, and thats not going to be undone by 'affirmative action', its laughable.

And now, a smiley with a fro.

edit to add

and just to be clear, I'm not saying 'white peopel are teh devil'; and that all white people are controlling monsters that run everything and are responsible for every evil. I mean, yeah sure white people kidnapped blacks and forced them to live as slaves for a few hundred years and only finally gave in an permited legal civil rights for black people in the 60's, but hey, thats all water under the bridge right? Can't be any illeffects in the modern era, demographics aren't real right? I mean, whats it matter that a few decades ago it wasn't even legal for a black and white to get married and the mere suggestion of sexual contact resutlde in burnings beatings lynching and murders, when there's not enough outrage at a terrible criminal act today right?

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Are you kidding? A white man was sued for being racist because he shot the guy who broke into and raped his daughter. WTF? A black guy broke into his house, raped his daughter, and sued for being racist when he shot the guy. And so the case can't be tried because no impartial jury can be had and a rapist gets away with it because he cried racism.

Why I like a show no longer on, after 1 episode. It was funny, on Channel 190(now 183, why IDK) it was animated and was called "Hypocrits R Us" and it started with the church, then moved to politics, then onto race. "Ok, 3 white guys look at a black man in the wrong way, and are racist. 3 black guys go and kill a white man for being white, no problem. Or in real life, black guy is mugging a woman, she won't give him the money, he says it's because he is black and she is racist, he calls for the cops, a beat cop comes up, arresst the black guy for gun, and he gets away with it cause he cries racism the whole way. So, here we go, if you want to get away with something, cry racsim." then it cuts away to two black guys break into a store, cops come up, they cry racism, they let go. Black guy goes on killing spree, killing 500 people, arressted, cries racism, let go.

Anyways, if it was reversed it would be on the news, it would maybe even have interuppted the Pope Cam on Fox News.(when they had it, it was 24/7 pope, incase he rose from the dead or something)

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What were you doing intrepid? Waiting for someone to say something racially motivated in any way? It's as if you were some sort of predator sitting by the bait. You say nothing about the blacks in the article attacking white people and calling them crackers. Then, suddenly a white person calls them animals and you call them a racist. My opinion, you have only helped to prove a point, and whether or not you like it, some people have picked up on that point...

What was I doing?

My job. To keep ATS above the normal #e on the web.

You may want to check this out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you don't like the way the site run, there are plenty of "lesser" sites out there that not only allow this crap but promote it.

M'kay?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Uhh, MrWupy, I was not saying to do anything with those young people. I do bet you that at least 25 of those 30 people will grow up and act the same way. Yeah, some people change, but we are products of our environment. What happens in our system of judicial punishment is we take criminals and put them with other criminals when we catch them doing something bad.

The people I knew when I was young would go to Juvy and build a network of others who shared the same interests. Some of my friends came out knowing how to hotwire cars, where to get the best drugs, etc.

Another thing...
This is a joke. I have points taken away for quoting, when everyone else in this thread has quoted people. And I looked at your link there intrepid, and I see nothing about quoting people within a thread that deems I have points taken away, well it's in the other link, but still, you've quoted my post that is longer than four sentences. I hope you have been warned. This is a disgrace. I am being oppressed now for stating an opposing opinion of the moderators. Great for coming from a site like this.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by steggyD]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

*blah blah blah*

Another thing...
This is a joke. I have points taken away for quoting, when everyone else in this thread has quoted people. And I looked at your link there intrepid, and I see nothing about quoting people within a thread that deems I have points taken away, well it's in the other link, but still, you've quoted my post that is longer than four sentences. I hope you have been warned. This is a disgrace. I am being oppressed now for stating an opposing opinion of the moderators. Great for coming from a site like this.

Sorry you have found ATS not to your liking.

Here, let me show you the door as I'd hate for you to have to suffer any further torture of continued membership.

BANNED

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Are you kidding? A white man was sued for being racist because he shot the guy who broke into and raped his daughter.

Anyone can sue anyone for anything. What was the outcome?

And so the case can't be tried because no impartial jury can be had and a rapist gets away with it because he cried racism.

I'd like to see some documentation of that.

Or in real life, black guy is mugging a woman, she won't give him the money, he says it's because he is black and she is racist, he calls for the cops, a beat cop comes up, arresst the black guy for gun, and he gets away with it cause he cries racism the whole way.

Again, documentation?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Alien++ (edit: apparently I'm not in irc anymore...)

Moving on...

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Are you kidding? A white man was sued for being racist because he shot the guy who broke into and raped his daughter. WTF? A black guy broke into his house, raped his daughter, and sued for being racist when he shot the guy. And so the case can't be tried because no impartial jury can be had and a rapist gets away with it because he cried racism.

Well, there's nothing technically wrong with that. Suing is a civil action, breaking and entering and rape are crimes. There's no reason he can't sue. They couldn't pick a jury because of the Civil case? I find that HIGHLY unlikely.

I was recently watching Patrice O'Neal (black comedian, very funny) and he had a bit relating to this. About how it sucks to be white because you can't be racist, and about how he's scared of white girls because he's going to get blamed for whatever happens to them. Very funny, but very poignant.

[edit on 4/16/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
In this country today it is okay for a black person to be racially aware,in fact they are encouraged to do so. If a white guy is racially aware he is a racist. no, white people should be proud of their accomplishments and should have pride in their race for what their fathers built.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
wow this topic has gone to the #@(@ sooner than I thought too. This just shows the state of race relations in our country are. We've done a lot to combat the overt and vicious racisms towards minorities, african americans in particular but we are far from racial equality for EVERY ethnic and racial group. I completely understand where some of the people (mostly white) who feel disadvantage now compared to minorities on certain issues feel, But I tell them take that feeling and mulitply it by a hundred and add the fear of lynching on the whims of whatever accusation or whatever someone might come up with and they might now what a black live through till 30 or 40 years ago.

we have to aggresive fight ignorance on all sides here to get rid of racism. The current way things are going it's going to build up on both says both white and Black/others and it's going to blow up in our faces down the road and the race wars that these idiots used to sucker their ignorant sheep with will be a reality. I mean look around present day schools are more segregated now than they were back in the late 60s and 70s. and the culture of racism and prejudice that use to be allow to go and turn a blind eye to among whites in pre civil rights days is the atmosphere that is growing among black kids and most other minorities and add the this the education system in this communities which is not a good at battling ignorance and guess what that is adding up to. And we have white people feeling injustices (wow aint that ironic) against black people which is going to be into the next generation the same way the current minority racist got it from their oppress parents. The problem with is that unlike before where there was a one sided war, now both sides have some legitimate complaints amongst all their Crap and mindless rhetoric.

People who have been oppress go own to feel a sense of entitlement to not have to follow the same rules they demand of those who oppress them which is way a good number of african-american are overtly racist. Look at BET (black entertainment Television) can anybody imagine the outrage if a network came out expressly for white culture and entertainment. People have to learn to be proud of one's culture has nothing to do with spitting down on others. ah well that's just my mindless rant there it's a very complicated issues that is only getting worse.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
In this country today it is okay for a black person to be racially aware,in fact they are encouraged to do so. If a white guy is racially aware he is a racist. no, white people should be proud of their accomplishments and should have pride in their race for what their fathers built.

There is nothing Wrong with being Racially aware, There are people who are proud to be Irish , Norweigen , and italian. With Huge celebretions and T-shirts to boot. I'm not black
but i think they do get alot of crap that is unfair. Just last week i was trying to find my buddy(he's black) a hotel. He drives almost two hours to work , two hours home a day. We went out to try and him a hotel that he could stay at leastThree day out of the week. Long story short every place that He when in with me wouldn't offer a discount. Every place i went in by myself Offered me some sort of discount. now to say that there is not racism isn't quite fair . it happens all the time. It might not be a straight out lynching going on , but on some level it is happening.

Now to get back on the subject of this thread. I find it hard to believe that this hasn't been posted on any major news sites. Maybe it was gang related I don't know. But I would like to see more info on this story and where it is going. I hope all those kids get caught and arrested.

Deny Hate

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
If a white guy is racially aware he is a racist.

Untrue. Or at least, some people will say anyone is a racist. When the black panthers were all about being black, they were called racists.

no, white people should be proud of their accomplishments and should have pride in their race for what their fathers built.

Pride in a social construct that has no physical reality? Well, if you say so....

Oblivions void
Look at BET (black entertainment Television) can anybody imagine the outrage if a network came out expressly for white culture and entertainment

Not for noting, buy TV in general is W.E.T. with almost exclusively white actors on white shows with supposeldy 'white centered' themes mores and references. Now, its not absolute, and its gotten a lot better, but look at it in the past? BET is inherently race centered, agree, but, then agian, it balances out the rest of it. Also, I've often seen television programs for ethnic groups, like Namaste America Tv
Along with RIA, which is news programming for italians in italian, French programming, and even Chinese language television programming, not to mention the various spanish television channels like Telemundo or Univision, Galavision, and others.
(telemundo is awesome by the way. NO idea whats going on, but awesome not just because this girl
is a newscaster/reporter, but because of this guy

Sabado Gigante RULES!)

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
TELEMUNDO!
That's where I watch my soccer, ESPN's terrible.

And, bordnlazy, I'm proud to be Irish. Im not Irish, but I'm proud of it anyway.

Ignoring a problem makes it worse, it doesn't help it. You need to be able to realize that someone is black, but that they are smart, funny, intelligent. You need to realize that someone is white, but that they are smart, funny, intelligent. You need to realize that someone is asian, but that they are smart, funny, intelligent. Race becomes just another trait, like hair color, or shoe size. It means something, but not much compared to other far more important and desirable things. If we could get people to just THINK this way (this way being smart) then we could end racism.

Of course, people won't. People refuse intelligence like the devil. There are lots of reasons why, but I don't buy any of them except that they're stupid. Ignorant. Whatever you wanna call it, they are, and it's one of the single worst things a person could.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Who is saying its not a hate crime?

isn't any crime you commit against someone pretty much a hate crime? southpark logic :p

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nygdan, "Pride in a social construct that has no physical reality? Well, if you say so.... " no physical reality? what world are you living in? Whether you like it or not, White people have created and maintained this country, I am not seeing no one else was involved but the majority was European Americans. Most (and keep in mind i said most) things you see have a white man tinkering with them long ago. I dont know where you get this idea that civilization is purely a social construct because it's not. For example many european countries have a WRITTEN language and document history,(the main argument that History is mainly White), I can think of one or two african countries that have a written language(not first written in the 20th century). However of all the nations of the world they have the fewest. Most is oral traditions. Most inventions and advancement in technology has been the result of a white man. The Wright brothers,Charles Babbage, to name but a few.

IBM

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Certain people nowadays use their race as an excuse to get out of trouble. Rodney king for instance deserved the beaeting because he was involved in a police chase endangering the lives of innocent civilians. BEING BLACK DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO BEING A RACIST. I can tell this from personal expericene as I am an middle eastern descent male. Blacks are more racist than anyone else. No other race has made such a big deal about this but them. I have gone to a white high school and a black high school. I can tell you I was popular at both, but racial jokes would be prevalent at the black school This crime was a hate crime. People screaming "Black Power". What if someone had said "White Power" and beat up 4 black kids by 30 whites? Using the word black in itself shows that they chose to be segrated. Why have they chosen to call it BET not ET. When you identify your race, you are creating a barrier, and this is not what integration is about. It is about breaking barriers. I say chage them with attempted murder and throw away the key, we certainly do not need people like this to be enjoying the freedom that many have fought hard to win and sustain.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
don't forget that we borrowed our numbering system from i believe it was the eastern civilizations, (not 100% sure but i do know that it wasn't from europeans). differant cultures do have many things to add. gunpowder from the china for another example. it is true that most modern tech breakthoughs were from those of "european" stock. but lets be honest right now the japanese especialy improve what is invented rather dramaticaly. lets not forget we got coffie and chocolate from south america. in fact the big thing that "europeans" invented was the factory and assembly line technology. everything seems to stem from that. we may have brought the world into the "modern age" but that does not mean that others havn't contributed their bit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join