It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ Minutemen May Expand to other Border States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Congratulations.

The Minutemen are making their point.I don't consider them to be vigilante's either, their stance is a bit more passive than vigilanteism
I consider them to be unpaid guards.

They are volunteering, time, money, vehicles etc. WTG!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Really. The Spacedoubt unabridged edition?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Absolutely DG..

The Spacedoubt dictionary of common sense terminology to be exact!
I don't think a group of vigilantes would turn-in the law breakers to the proper authorities. Whereas, a guard would do just that..

So maybe we disagree on the terminology.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I know of a few websites and forums that actively "sponsor" these chumps to go watch some land. A 30 mile stretch of land that is publicised pretty well.

Just last week I saw a forum raise $2000 to send a guy to the border to help them for 2 weeks.

It's a gravy train ridden by those who would rather sit in sunchairs and SUV's all day than earn an honest living.

Curiously well funded indeed.

Wanna know what happens when you only protect a small stretch of a border? Ask the French about the maginot line.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Nerdling,

2000 for 2 weeks? Thats not all that much really.
I also don't see anything dishonest about it.

Sitting in Lawn chairs, hmm..they have a Union already?

[edit on 16-4-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Just last week I saw a forum raise $2000 to send a guy to the border to help them for 2 weeks.

Which forum would that be

A source would be nice if ya know what I mean!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One reason our southern border is so porous and undermanned is that-- according to this week's issue of Time Mag-- illegal aliens that work in this country contribute an estimated 8.5 BILLION dollars a year to Social Security and Medicare combined. That is ten-percent of last year's SS surplus. And they will never see a dime of it. This is fact. Time got the numbers from an article that appeared in the New York Times. I don't know the link, but it is posted in the thread: Illegal Aliens: Social Securitiy's Cash Cow in the Politics@ATS forum.
Though the Minutemen and their Agenda seem to be a success, miscreants bent on causing death and destruction will still find a way to get in. Hopefully, this voluntary commitment WILL spread to our northern borders and act as a deterrent to those wishing to cause the U.S. harm. My hat goes off to those who have already answered the call.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by nightbreid]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join