It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Crisis coming soon ...?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
This topic is to do with the possible effects that would be seen if the Earth undergoes a switch in the Magnetic field ( which it looks like it is going to do soon ). When the Earth swithches its magnetic field, cosmic rays will be " allowed" to enter the Earths atmosphere. If you think about this, this could have drastic effects on the Earth. One effect could be " Instant Cancer ", cosmic rays coming into contact with anybody at that momment, could cause a development of Cancer cells within a very short time. Another effect could be a sudden " eruption " in the Earths weather. Cosmic rays cause Ionisation, and if so many are allowed to enter the atmosphere, is it possible that clouds could develop incredibly fast due to ionisation, and there could be a huge amount of Cloud cover over Earth leading to Storms and a sudden drop in Global Temperatures.

All this is purely my thoughts, so dont worry. But think, it could happen.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
"since I am no hardcore physicist. How can we predict how our infrastructures that is beyond the shuffle and pick will work?
Don't magnetic fields have anything to say on how the electric currents work in our systems? Will there be some kind of reverse polarization as a result? I hope not! Last time I tried to mount a the wrong cable onto the car battery, It had a strange effect! We don't really have much info of year 702,000 BC. Do we? "

You can rule this out because we have several of "Our Systems" working fine out beyond earths magnetic field and in the case of Cassini and the Mars rovers they are working in extreemly different magnetic environments than Earths with no problems. Pole reversal will not effect our electrical systems although some navigation systems may have some problems when the poles move drasticaly.

X

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Xeven]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
(...) we have several of "Our Systems" working fine out beyond earths magnetic field and in the case of Cassini and the Mars rovers they are working in extreemly different magnetic environments than Earths with no problems. Pole reversal will not effect our electrical systems although some navigation systems may have some problems when the poles move drasticaly.

Ahh, of course. That didn't fall into my mind!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yeah, and our blood will start to run the opposite way inside our body too. Seriously, a pole flip. How long time does it take? I`m tempted to think it will be a process that takes some time to complete. It will not flip-flop just like that. Would it?

[edit on 2005/4/16 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
sorry ... perhaps I wasnt very clear with my science of things. To tell you what I meant about the Electro magnetic field thing I am going borrow something from another thread :

Originally posted by MattMarriott
When the compass suddenly points south ( Magnetic Pole Flip, latest SHOCKING news, 2005 )
Magnetic Pole Flip, Magnetic Field disappearing - latest news : among the facts that are now revealed to the public : the magnetic field over the South Atlantic Ocean is now so weak that planes and satelites have now been forced to change their routes.

Among the facts that are withheld : Beryllium 10 analysis in polar ice cores in Alfred-Wegener-Institut in Bremerhaven , Germany, shows human life a few thousand years was IMPOSSIBLE on earth.

This was translated into "results will be announced in Spring" ...

German state television | January 5, 2005
www.daserste.de...

---- start of translation

Transmission of 05.01.2005

If the compass suddenly points to the south

The earth's magnetic field shrinks for some years in rapid speed, north and South Pole could soon the places exchange. First consequences become already apparent: Satellites fail suddenly, cosmic radiation penetrate strengthen the protective shell of the atmosphere. W SUCH AS KNOWLEDGE asks, what means the development for humans and nature.

Read the rest of the article

Mod Edit: Trimmed excessive paste

[edit on 6-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ulvetann says:

” since I am no hardcore physicist. How can we predict how our infrastructures that are beyond the shovel and pick will work? Don't magnetic fields have anything to say on how the electric currents work in our systems? Will there be some kind of reverse polarization as a result? I hope not! Last time I tried to mount a the wrong cable onto the car battery, It had a strange effect! We don't really have much info of year 702,000 BC. Do we?”

…to which Xeven says:

” You can rule this out because we have several of "Our Systems" working fine out beyond earths magnetic field and in the case of Cassini and the Mars rovers they are working in extremely different magnetic environments than Earths with no problems. Pole reversal will not effect our electrical systems although some navigation systems may have some problems when the poles move drastically.”

Actually, Ulvetann might have a point there. While we do have magnetic-field-hardened satellites and devices, not all of our terrestrial infrastructure is, and our compasses and a lot of other similar devices may be impacted.

Hellmutt says:

” Seriously, a pole flip. How long time does it take? I’m tempted to think it will be a process that takes some time to complete. It will not flip-flop just like that. Would it?”

I don’t know; to be honest I don’t think anyone else does, either.

Glum old Siddharthsma says:

“When the Earth switches its magnetic field, cosmic rays will be " allowed" to enter the Earth’s atmosphere. If you think about this, this could have drastic effects on the Earth. One effect could be “Instant Cancer ", cosmic rays coming into contact with anybody at that moment, could cause a development of Cancer cells within a very short time. Another effect could be a sudden “eruption” in the Earths weather. Cosmic rays cause ionisation, and if so many are allowed to enter the atmosphere, is it possible that clouds could develop incredibly fast due to ionisation, and there could be a huge amount of Cloud cover over Earth leading to Storms and a sudden drop in Global Temperatures.”

No one knows for sure about that, but Sidd has valid points there. While I think the health hazards from ionization are probably more likely than climatic changes, there could quite well be some climate changes correlating to a shift in the Earth’s magnetic field.

I think the things that we can be sure about, though, are:

(1) Any shift will be of the magnetic poles, not the axis-of-rotation poles.

(2) There won’t be any seismic or volcanic effects correlated to the shift.

Other than that, though, all bets are off.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Ulvetann asked:

Don't magnetic fields have anything to say on how the electric currents work in our systems? Will there be some kind of reverse polarization as a result? I hope not! Last time I tried to mount a the wrong cable onto the car battery, It had a strange effect!

The Earth's magnetic field won't affect your car battery or just about any other electronic device, unless it is something like a digital compass. Electricity is the flow of electrons. It flows from negative (abundance of electrons) to positive (absence of electrons). Electrons travelling in a conductor are driven by the electromotive force (what we call voltage). The effect of the earth's magnetic field on electron flow in an electrical device is negligible. If the Earth's magnetic field had an effect on electronics, devices would work differently at the equator (where the Earth's magnetic lines of flux are the furthest apart) than at the poles (where the Earth's lines of magnetic flux are closest). It would also mean that a device built to operate in North America would not work in South America beause the polarity would be backwards.

Having said that, I suppose the caveat would be if the Earth's magnetic field reversed itself very rapidly, like say at a 60Hz rate. In such a case the shifting magnetic fields would induce a voltage into conductors. (Current flowing through a conductor generates a magnetic field, conductors moving in a magnetic field generate current) It might be enough current to damage sensitive electronic devices like IC chips, but on the plus side, it would be a free, non-polluting source of AC.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   
How weak does the Electromagnetic field have to get, before sufficient cosmic rays can enter ?

By sufficient, I mean enough to cause damage of some sort

P.S
I'll leave the " glum " part of me open to opinion.
But I am 15, so I am not very Old

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
About first post: make no mistake, each word from the True End Times Prophet counts...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join