It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Crisis coming soon ...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
When the compass suddenly points south ( Magnetic Pole Flip, latest SHOCKING news, 2005 )
Magnetic Pole Flip, Magnetic Field disappearing - latest news : among the facts that are now revealed to the public : the magnetic field over the South Atlantic Ocean is now so weak that planes and satelites have now been forced to change their routes.

Among the facts that are withheld : Beryllium 10 analysis in polar ice cores in Alfred-Wegener-Institut in Bremerhaven , Germany, shows human life a few thousand years was IMPOSSIBLE on earth.

This was translated into "results will be announced in Spring" ...

German state television | January 5, 2005
www.daserste.de...

---- start of translation

Transmission of 05.01.2005

If the compass suddenly points to the south

The earth's magnetic field shrinks for some years in rapid speed, north and South Pole could soon the places exchange. First consequences become already apparent: Satellites fail suddenly, cosmic radiation penetrate strengthen the protective shell of the atmosphere. W SUCH AS KNOWLEDGE asks, what means the development for humans and nature.

Read the rest of the article

Mod Edit: Trimmed excessive paste

[edit on 6-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I tried the link you provided, and it is a German site, is there an english version available?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The compass already points south, since the last paradigm shift was ... well I don't know when; but do you mean when will it point north?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
I tried the link you provided, and it is a German site, is there an english version available?

Babelfish Translation

Mod Edit: Fixed link

[edit on 6-1-2005 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I can understand from a directional point of view the planes would need to avoid weak magnetic air spaces. I read some time ago when the magnetic flip was but a paper in a science digest how the magnetic field would not only wreak havoc with direction, but also with other instruments on aircraft. Has any science buff any information on this?

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
im personally very skeptical of this

particularly since its oversensationalized

theres no evidence that the "poles will shift soon"

the evidence that they could shift is pretty good
but when? thats inconclusive

we wont know when until our knowledge grows
or until it actually happens

it could be tomorrow, a hundred years, a million years, never
we wont know until we learn more...

plus translating the language makes it hard to read it
thanks for a translation tho,and as translations go, its decent

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'm by no means an expert on the subject, but I do recall the following from school:
The poles DO shift from time to time, and (for the most part) they really dont affect weather, climate, etc... very much. Scientists took samples of the rock in an undersea tectonic trench (I'd say it was the mariannes (sp?), but I think thats too deep) and saw that after periods of time magnetic ores in the rock alternately face north then south then north again, etc...

That's about all I have, I'm sorry I dont have a link or solid confirmed evidence on-hand... just chuckin in my 2cents

PS: I imagine ANYTHING that uses north and south poles as a magnetic form of navigation will need to be seriously re-programmed.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Every piece fits perfectly.
A child can see it.
Brainwashed zombies refuse to.
Another piece - oil production rapidly coming to an end
www.abovetopsecret.com...

LL1

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The "magnetic field" is decreasing here is an article that shows and explains this.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What geologists do know is that the poles can shift several times in a day, hour or week. When this happens you will get solar radiation hot spots where the new poles appear and you may have 6, 8, 12, poles at any given time until the magnetic field adjusts itself and settles in so to speak. Core rock samples from around the earth and most specifically in Oregon show rapid pole shifts through out prehistoric rock samples. As stated above this may take place tomarrow or a million years from now.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 23-1-2005 by IntelRetard]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
The "magnetic field" is decreasing here is an article that shows and explains this.

I thought I should add the caption from your image, as it may be misleading : The bottom one is actullay a simulation of what might happen in the future.
I know you didn't say otherwise but the immediate assumption when looking at it is that it may be a current image (in my opinion anyway)

Top: A simulation of Earth's magnetic field structure. Bottom: An image of what Earth's magnetic field might look like during a reversal, something humans may have to worry about thousands of years from now.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
well orcording to sciences understanding of this the poles have shiffted manny times.100?1000? earther way it doesent matter ovesly life and earth has survived this transision more then once already and will survive it again im sure.
so manny post of the end of the world this midlife earth has already survived everthing the universe could through at her and im sure earth will still be here long after the next intellegent life form is trying to figer out what killed us off.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Rest easy, there -- you've run into a Silly Science site there. It's full of alarming noises and almost no contact with reality.

Originally posted by MattMarriott
When the compass suddenly points south ( Magnetic Pole Flip, latest SHOCKING news, 2005 )

...designed to scare the bejeezus out of you.

Magnetic Pole Flip, Magnetic Field disappearing - latest news : among the facts that are now revealed to the public : the magnetic field over the South Atlantic Ocean is now so weak that planes and satelites have now been forced to change their routes.

I think if you'll check published flight times, that you'll find they're still the same. Airlines are still flying the same routes... and everyone's still visiting New Zealand.

Among the facts that are withheld : Beryllium 10 analysis in polar ice cores in Alfred-Wegener-Institut in Bremerhaven , Germany, shows human life a few thousand years was IMPOSSIBLE on earth.

So the Egyptians (5,000 years ago) never actually existed? How about them pyramids? Indian coastal civilizations... just hallucinations? The mammoth hunters never existed (who was it that left those Folsom spear points in the extinct giant bisons and mammoths??)

This is similar to other hysteria sites who are trying to get you to buy into an end of the world scenario. It's Silly Science and the only thing to fear is that people will buy into this inane fluff.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey, I remember in my Anthropology class the teacher stated that the magnetic poles flipping *may be responsible or *faciliate DNA mutations and evolution in general. I cannot find the lesson book/notes from the class, so I searched for some info that was similar.

"Geomagnetic Excursions and Evolution

Another source for genetic mutation is the reversal or reduced strength of the Earth's magnetic field. Again, it is the electronic and magnetic features of biological molecules that make them susceptible to the influences from such forces. DNA becomes aligned perpendicular to a magnetic field when using the axis of the DNA helix as a reference point. One scientist studying the possible role of magnetic reversals on DNA comments: "This would constitute a new type of mutational force and perhaps could be used to explain, in a rather direct fashion, the interrupted speciation accompanying geomagnetic reversals."

DNA is not the only genetic material affected by magnetic fields. Also affected are RNA and protein. Magnetic fields have been shown to stimulate the formation of mutations. And reduced magnetic field strengths have produced profound irreversible body mutations in higher animals. The return to full strength of the Earth's magnetic field enhances the production of reproductive cells (shortens the mitotic cycle), which would intensify the spread of any mutation."

www.livingcosmos.com...

Just thought I would add that to this thread.

LL1

posted on Jan, 24 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
AgentSmith thanks for the addition to the National Geographic News
article...

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:23 AM
link   
When the magnetic field shifts soon, it will not be sudden. It is expected to take 1000 years. It creates a sort of chaotic unpredictable patchy fields with a spot of North here and there and spots of South scattered around too.
It will probably mean our protection from radiation of space will be spotty and reduced.

Use sun block, hats and sun glasses to keep reliably protected.

Im not sure but it might have some effect on satellites.

Interesting that conboy31 mentions increased mutations during pole flip. That would seem logical.
Straight Scoop from Nova

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Here are some updated news on the issue.
Coincidently it has something to do with recent quakes and volcanoes in Indonesia

PR WEB

Good reads on other postings, are Volcano Watch 2005 & Eartquake Watch 2005!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
PR WEB has the following quote:

"Nina Anderson, commercial pilot and author of "Atlantis Today – The USA, Poised for Destruction" thinks we are seeing the results of interstellar changes. Our planet’s position within the Milky Way is receiving many cosmic anomalies that haven’t been experienced in 10,000 years when we were in a similar cosmic position causing the last pole shift to affect the planet. As explained in the book, Mythology and archeological findings link that event to the destruction of the continent of Atlantis and other highly-advanced civilizations of the time such as the Rama (present day India.)"

In other words, silly science.

Look, people, we know that the magnetic pole shifts on a fairly regular basis, although it hasn't done so for about 700,000 years, IIRC.

We know that it has done so -- and even when it has done so -- by measuring the magnetic striations on mafic rock (mostly basalt and gabbro) oozing from the divergent boundary between the North American and Atlantic Plates. This was done back in the sixties by Vine and Matthews, and you can find more details at maps.unomaha.edu... .

But the idea that there's any connection between these changes in the Earth's polarity and any large-scale volcanic or seismic series of events -- or of life-form die-offs -- is completely bogus.

The reason we know it's bogus is that we can tell pretty closely when large seismic and volcanic activities took place by the geological record, and those events simply don't correlate to the measured shifts in the Earth's magnetic field. We also know, based on the fossil record, when ther wer major species die-offs (the Permian and K-T ones come to mind) and there's no correlation with die-offs and magnetic field shifts, either.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
The link MattMariott posted in the first post is actually very interesting.
It is a scientific article written for the masses.
The site is the official website of one of the biggest german tv channels, it is a respected channel that shows a lot of documentaries. The info on it is not bogus.

MattMariott's comment to it is totaly misleading!

The article actually states that there is no correlation between pole shifts and mass extinctions on Earth.
It mentions a few anomalies in magnetic field, the speed with which the poles are shifting currently, then the danger to satelites if anything happens ( it is not the pole shift itself that is significant, but the exposure to cosmic radiation and solar winds if the field weakens), how animals are adapting to this (think of birds that fly using the magnetic field as orientation), then it mentions an ESA project set for 2009, that is supposed to messure the field changes and their effect and so on.

I could translate it into english properly (not the translator engine crap) if anyone is interested, it is really worth reading.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
PR WEB has the following quote:

"Nina Anderson, commercial pilot and author of "Atlantis Today – The USA, Poised for Destruction" thinks we are seeing the results of interstellar changes. Our planet’s position within the Milky Way is receiving many cosmic anomalies that haven’t been experienced in 10,000 years when we were in a similar cosmic position causing the last pole shift to affect the planet. As explained in the book, Mythology and archeological findings link that event to the destruction of the continent of Atlantis and other highly-advanced civilizations of the time such as the Rama (present day India.)"

In other words, silly science.

Look, people, we know that the magnetic pole shifts on a fairly regular basis, although it hasn't done so for about 700,000 years, IIRC.

We know that it has done so -- and even when it has done so -- by measuring the magnetic striations on mafic rock (mostly basalt and gabbro) oozing from the divergent boundary between the North American and Atlantic Plates. This was done back in the sixties by Vine and Matthews, and you can find more details at maps.unomaha.edu... .

But the idea that there's any connection between these changes in the Earth's polarity and any large-scale volcanic or seismic series of events -- or of life-form die-offs -- is completely bogus.

The reason we know it's bogus is that we can tell pretty closely when large seismic and volcanic activities took place by the geological record, and those events simply don't correlate to the measured shifts in the Earth's magnetic field. We also know, based on the fossil record, when ther wer major species die-offs (the Permian and K-T ones come to mind) and there's no correlation with die-offs and magnetic field shifts, either.

[edit on 16-4-2005 by Off_The_Street]

Good to hear, I didn't know that, but:

that the magnetic pole shifts on a fairly regular basis, although it hasn't done so for about 700,000 years, IIRC.

since I am no hardcore physicist. How can we predict how our infrastructures that is beyond the shuffle and pick will work?
Don't magnetic fields have anything to say on how the electric currents work in our systems? Will there be some kind of reverse polarization as a result? I hope not! Last time I tried to mount a the wrong cable onto the car battery, It had a strange effect! We don't really have much info of year 702,000 BC. Do we?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join