It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Freemasons attacked by Trolls

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No one pledges an oath to be polite to people who attack them openly. How many times would you let someone call your mother a whore before you punched them in the face?

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
My fight isnt with freemasory
Its with all secret societies. You dont seem to understand the damage that has, and is being done to humanity by these organisations. You cant have a secret society within a open society. Its like the proverbial bad apple in the barrel, sooner or later it will rot all the others, just ask Cardinal Law.

Riiiiiiiight... couple questions:

1. What damage has and is being done to humanity by these organizations?

2. What qualifies as a secret society?

I dont hate freemasonry, I hate the oath to the death, a oath by design to hide the guilty. I hate when a group protects themselves at the expense of all others and then use charity to hide behind.

more questions:

3. How many times must the obligations be explained?

4. How does Freemasonry protect itself at the expense of all others? Examples?

5. Why must Freemasonry be hiding behind charity? Is it so hard to believe that they are good men who get satisfaction from helping others?

Masons? I dont hate, I have great sadness for them, for they know not what they are getting themselves into.

Masons do know what they are getting into - a fraternity. There is ALWAYS the option to demit.

I spoke with one mason who told me he dosnt care about the corruption within the brotherhood, it wont matter in 200 years, he says. He truely couldnt care less for his children and grandchildren.

more questions:

6. What corruption within the brotherhood? Examples?

7. How do you conclude for this man's statement that he doesn't care for his progeny?

Well, I care! I care about what world we leave for the children of the furure. I care about this country and many others. In my opinion our only hope is to unite!!! And we cant do that with secret societies fragmenting the population.

Heheh you guessed it; more questions:

8. Do you know what the phrase "Brotherhood of Man, Fatherhood of God" means?

9. How do "secret societies" fragment the population?

Can you understand ?

I'm trying. Why don't you help me out by answering my questions.

On a side note:

Also it seems you have created a new meaning for the word "Troll"

Random House , Websters Collage dictionary defines Troll as

" Any of a race of supernatural beings hostile to humans, who live underground or in caves"

If you are fabricating a new meaning for the word, please advise said dictionaries to add it to their collection.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

But I'm sure you knew that. Sometimes it's fun to be a smartass, no?

P.S. If I have offended anyone in this thread, please accept my humble apologies.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

An Internet troll is either a person who sends messages on the Internet hoping to entice other users into angry or fruitless responses, or a message sent with such content. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish; it first appeared on Usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates orgadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal.gadflies

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

An Internet troll is either a person who sends messages on the Internet hoping to entice other users into angry or fruitless responses, or a message sent with such content. The term derives from the phrase "trolling for newbies" and ultimately from trolling for fish; it first appeared on Usenet. The term is frequently abused to slander opponents in heated debates and is frequently misapplied to those who are ignorant of etiquette.

Trolling is often described as an online version of the breaching experiment, where social boundaries and rules of etiquette are broken. Self-proclaimed trolls often style themselves as Devil's Advocates orgadflies or culture jammers, challenging the dominant discourse and assumptions of the forum they are trolling in an attempt to subvert and introduce different ways of thinking. Detractors who value etiquette claim that true Devil's Advocates generally identify themselves as such for the sake of etiquette, whereas trolls often consider etiquette to be something worth trolling in order to fight groupthink.

Trolls are sometimes caricatured as socially inept. This is often due to the fundamental attribution error, as it is impossible to know the real traits of an individual solely from their online discourse. Indeed, since intentional trolls are alleged to knowingly flout social boundaries, it is difficult to typecast them as socially inept since they have arguably proven adept at their goal.gadflies

Well, well, well. Thank you stalkingwolf, this clears up quite a few things for me. I can see who the real trolls are ...............

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
Well, well, well. Thank you stalkingwolf, this clears up quite a few things for me. I can see who the real trolls are ...............

Yeah so can we... It's obvious by your repeated refusal to address my questions and have a discussion.

Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

The first person I thought of when I read this was.... AKILLES. The whole definition stinks of Akilles. Even certain others, but mostly Akilles. Necros can be lumped in there, so can Drivel, and ASE can at times as well. I will admit that once ASE and I came to an agreement, he lightened up with n his accusations, and I appreciate that. But for a while, he was pretty trollish too

Oh I almost forgot about Dribbler and GLeamer!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
and this definition does specifically reference gadflies.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Please don't ever mention "GLeamer" again! That guy was the Worst by FAR!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Please don't ever mention "GLeamer" again! That guy was the Worst by FAR!

Worse than Necros? I dont know......

Definitely runner-up.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This thread is done.

Closed.

Edit: to add, Sheesh.

[edit on 18-4-2005 by intrepid]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join