It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO chases USO (unident. underwater obj.) near Iceland, 1992

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:06 AM
link   
This story is not well known in the UFO community, but I find it quite interesting. Sadly, it seems that it is not well documented, and I didn't find a lot on it...

In a few words, (links at the end) it seems that in december 1992, at least one huge underwater unidentified object (USO) has been tracked. It was also apparently accompanied by several UFOs. NATO deployed a huge fleet in the area, and fishermen sometimes were sent off the place. RAF stations of northern Scotland were also involved. It seems that Russia may have been involved as well. The "excuse" that was told was an exercise. There are fishermen who were witness to that and some have testimonied. I didn't find any account from any fisherman.

According to some, it didn't look at all like an exercise (though sometimes I wonder how one makes the difference...). I find it also rather unusual that this exercise took place near Iceland, involving RAF in Scotland and also Russia, all of that at Christmas time.

Also, NATO exercises are most of the time documented and info can be found on the internet. I never saw any mention of NATO exercise in that area in 1992 or 1993, though they said their presence was due to an exercise.

A few links on that, with comments:

1. Article by Tony Dodd on the subject. I don't know how legit is this guy, but apparently he is a retired police sergent in UK, and the founder of UK UFO Magazine. According to source 4, he was threatened when he went to US. I couln't find any info on that either.

2. Anonymous article based on Tony Dodd's.

3. Rense's article on the subject. I know that Rense is not always good, but they don't publish only crap.

4. Re Tony Dodd with a few more info.

5. Some "reports" (very short) chronologically, matches the other reports: Dec 20th, 1992, Dec 21st, 1992, Dec 24th, 1992.

I'd like to have your comments on that, and if anyone has more info, I'd love to know. Very few is found on the net about that one, and honestly, it is a very difficult one to find any info on. Nobody seems to know it even happened.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The more I read things on here lately, the more I'm drawn to the idea of an advanced civilization living inside our planet. It very well could be where most if not all of the UFO sightings are coming from. We know of the great distances in space that aliens would have to travel in order to even come here. I think its more logical to assume that these UFO's aren't coming from outer space, but are originating from right here on Earth.

I've read of many sightings, all over the world, of UFO's and UFO bases underwater. There was even reports of UFO's having a base behind a waterfall or in lakes on the Soloman Islands. Wish I had the link to provide for that.

Maybe with all the destruction we are inflicting on our planet, this underground species will finally show itself in a bid to save the very planet that we share.

One more thing... it's also interesting that these sitings are happening near the poles. Exactly where many "hollow Earth" supporters say the entrances are to these underground worlds.

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting stuff Vince, but there is alot of reading here. I will look into it over the weekend. Have you looked into any FOIA documents? If Americans were involved, you might find additional hard evidence.

State Dept. FOIA

You can find other FOIA sites for NASA, CIA and FBI.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Bonjour SpookyVince

Thanks for approaching this particular aspect of ufo sightings, not often discussed indeed.
I think there exist submarines alien bases. Extraterrestrial civilizations have visited the earth since a very long time. It is not difficult to imagine they could have built huge bases under the sea as well as underground during all this time. This is a very high probability.

I've found a great page on Ufo Evidence.org which gathers a bunch of links about these Unidentified Submarine Objects : www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Our oceans are very deep and mysterious, I had the pleasure of working on two Miltary Sealift Command (MSC) chartered research vessels, these vessels were contracted to NAVO-(US Navy Atmosphere and Oceanographic). There was an incident that happened that I will never forget, and in search of answers is what originally brought me to this site.
Another member gave me an interesting link, this guy has done an awesome amount of research and recording of onformation. I spent hours reading this site- www.waterufo.net...
If you wish to read about what happened to me- Click Here
I spent 8 yrs in the pilot/wheel house of many vessels. I never saw anything that compared to this.
Our oceans are so deep- what others feel are light years away might just be right here with us.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Thanks a lot Journey for sharing that one! Impressive!

My opinion on USO is that even if they're way rarer, they are at least most interesting. You know, in the air, some people have a fun time for themselves trying to convince the rest of the world that such impressive moves can be made easily with our current tech. Now, what about undersea? Those "things" are as agile undersea as in the air, but obviously they're moving through a very different medium...

Btw, have you got any info on this particular case I'm mentioning?

Actually, I'd be very surprised to learn that we share our eart with some, like, inner earth civ, but really, it makes no doubt to me that our planet is a place where (at least one race) aliens are "at home"...

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
After reading the links provided, and being new to the USO scene, I would have to say there could be something to it. But I need more evidence before I would say I am convinced. Here are some observations.

1) There have been a lot of reports, but not a single photo. Unless I missed any, please post them. Although, I don't rely on photographic evidence entirely, but it is hard to imagine that there isn't any. These days anything can be made to look real.

2) There are apparently sporadic sightings other than Iceland, so I would not assume that is a location of any base.

3) If a base exists in the ocean, intelligent beings would know eventually we would find it, so it really isn't a good place to hide. Even though we haven't surveyed the whole ocean, eventually we will.

These are some things that come to mind. If you think I'm wrong, post your reasons as I am all ears. This looks to be a different aspect of the UFO phenomenon that I wasn't aware of. Kudos to Vince for bringing it up.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Thanks Journey and Musclor for the great links! Now I had more time to read a bit of them both...

Originally posted by Hal9000
(...)
1) There have been a lot of reports, but not a single photo. Unless I missed any, please post them.
(...)

You raise a good point... Indeed, no pics? I remember having seen a set of pictures from a sonar during one of those mysterious encounters but I can't find it anymore...

Now, it seems that USOs are not that rare but still less common than "conventional" UFOs, so maybe it can explain that there are just a few pics, and maybe we just happen not to have found them... yet!

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I remember hearing that the Soviet Union used some form of under water vechiles in the 1980s to gather intel NATO habours Google isnt turning anything up.
#sighs in frustation#

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I did come across one picture taken in 1964, that was thought to be an underwater structure, but is explained. Just want to post it, and get this one out of the way.

The Eltanin Antenna Identified !

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Good find Hal!

I never heard about that case. Seems interesting, and I'll give another look!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
there have been many sightings going in and out of the water

william cooper "behold a pale horse" describes being in the navy on deck , on watch when he witnessed a ufo breach the water, the size of a carrier !

his comments with the officer afterwords was even more interesting

the methods used to keep this stuff off the books , is amazing

get disclosure , the 1st 70 pages will explain alot

I believe seti is used as a ruse , a multi-million dollar con, to brainwash the people.

I've noticed how so many respond to, ALIENS/UFOs', as what's "out there" and "the possibilities" ,

like a star-trek show...all great cons ...getting you to look in the wrong direction

and psychologically conditioning the mind to expect things, to be, "out there"..

.funny how conditioned minds, respond to, contrary data...with denial..

[edit on 15-6-2005 by toasted]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Personally I don't buy the hollow earth theory, but on the other hand, that doesn't prevent at all the so called UFOs to lie in the depth of the seas as well...

What if an alien race is a marine race? What if, marine or not, they can breath underwater? Or simply have water-proof structures to live in, in the lakes, seas, oceans? Isn't it anyway the best place to hide? Better than any desert imo.

We barely know anything, if anything at all, about the UFOs, so there is certainly a possibility that they live or can live underwater, or accomodate to it.

You know, they would themselves find it strange that we live on the land, in that case!

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I read one of Tony Dodd's books and it was an entertaining read. He seems to come across as a "Fox Mulder" type of guy. Car chases through London, his house being under watch, phone tapped, etc. He also claims that an alien left a message on his tape recorder calling him a teacher. He claims to have been in possesion of photos and a movie of a ufo landing on a navy ship, and aliens meeting with government officials....... But they got stolen.

I don't doubt that UFO's travel underwater, in fact it makes sense that if they had bases on earth, they would be underwater.

But as much as I want to believe Tony Dodd, I can't. He just has no proof. I'd take what you read about him with a grain of salt.

BTW. When you say he got threatened in the states. Apparently he was driven out into the middle of the desert, told not to bother with UFO's, and then given a detailed map of Mars.........

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
about the size of the eyes

other than to gather light , while out in space...hehehehe...

well , how about the need to gather light at deep ocean depths

or in unlit caves/underground ?

just as plausible....

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Interesting Journey. Speaking of ocean/ufo stuff, Sean David Morton, ( ufo speaker & nephew of one of the astronauts ), said that there is a tunnel connecting Nevada desert & pacific ocean for subs. Some guy in Nevada discovered an underground river & was harrassed endlessly about it, phone bugged etc.

Hey Journey, how's weather in Alaska? Throw me a line. Don't know how to PM on this forum.
[edit on 5-7-2006 by Black Sword]

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Black Sword]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I say it is the hunt for Red October......
Interesting post, I don't quite believe the "Hollow Earth" theory either, but I do believe that the aliens may have underground and/or undersea bases on planet Earth. They would be able to study us better as well as launching their vehciles when they have a habitate of their own on this planet.

They may even have "Star Gates" or portals that allow them easy access to this planet from their bases.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
How is this uso? I read the article (the first one - the rest are dead) start to finish and no mention of underwater anything. Well except for the ditched plane.

Whats interesting is they didnt want the plane back. As if they knew what to expect either from the pilot or from the plane. Trip. total trip

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Vessels have been mapping the ocean floor. No Submerged bases so far. And as for hollow Earth, we have Volcanoes and below that, Lava.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
another great thread with little attention sadly

Any more info on this case Spooky?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join