It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Tormented Catholic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Urn
the title of the thread is "confessions of a tormented CATHOLIC"!!!

in other words, supremetechgoddess is a CATHOLIC!!!...don't you think she's tried that whole "praying to jesus" thing already??

I agree here, this topic has strayed off the path of the author's trying to make sense of what she is experiencing. It's not about religion, per se.
This is about the paranromal. Could we please get back to the author's ideas?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DigitalGrl
Stop trying to convert people to catholisism.

Not my intention at all. Take a look back to page one.
The poor author of this thread got bombed with
(paraphrase) stay away from the Catholic faith ...
the priest wont' do you any good ... the Catholic faith
is what caused your problem ... blah blah blah.

If people don't want to hear a defense of the Catholic
faith .. then don't attack it. It's that simple. I don't give
a hoot what religion people want to be. But if they
mindlessly attack the Catholic faith with junk like
'Catholics believe works save .. not faith' then they are
going to get the correction right back at them.

Actually what it should say here is -
stop trying to convert the author of this thread to
something outside her chosen religion.

[edit on 4/27/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Doesn't matter. In the NT the people went to God's annointed.
They flocked to Peter. They flocked to Paul. They found spiritual
solace from them. They were prayed over by them.

The author of this thread is Catholic by choice. To tell anyone not
to go to their spiritual shepherd isn't right. A Jewish person would
find spritual guidance and solace and truth from a Rabbi. A Catholic
from a priest and her church. The Catholic church has the Eucharist,
Confession, and the sacraments to give her children strength and
fortitude and to bring them God. To deny a person in pain her faith
and her God ... that's plain wrong.

No one is saying deny someone. All I am saying is every individual on Earth possess the same power. It does matter that Jesus came. The only reason priests are more effective at this kind of matter is because their spirituality is better than most. However, in regards to this post, there is nothing an exorcism could do, to my knowledge at least, because he isn't possessed. Confession of sins can be, and arguably should but lets not debate this, done through your own prayer. The reason Catholicism is so good at exorcisms is because they really hide those secrets from the rest of us. However, if you love Jesus and believe in him with all your heart you can easily rid yourself of these demons without a Priest. At least this is what Jesus claims.

You are telling him to go to the shepard, and you claim the shepard is the Priests? I dont mean to challenge you or anything, but the Shepard is Jesus, we are all his sheep. Like I said: faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain.

But, the author isn't really helping us here. I would like to know what is going on in the authors mind.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Ryanp5555]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremetechgoddess
Any ideas what I should do or what this could be? I know that somehow I made a mistake (bigger than the playing cards) and that I am supposed to do something, but I don't know what to do because I genuinely can't tell if whatever it is has my best interests in mind.

Since you feel uneasy about what's going on, you obviously want the situation to change.

As I mentioned before I think the catholic background is a liability. My guess is also you have tried to use what you know from catholic teachings to get out of this mess. If you haven't you must see no value in them and if you have it must not have helped. I refer you to my 1st post to you and hope you will apply what I told you in it and also encourage you to read the Bible. Psalms, Proverbs and New Testament. Patience and determination are to be sought and developed while doing this.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Just a quick note to the Jesus-freaks posting on this thread. I feel endlessly quoting passages from an archaic volume such as the Bible (With all due respect to the Holy Book) is in no way helpful to this lady.

I have read every passage you have so Faithfully cut and pasted and have only one thing to say.

Tosh. What a load of tosh.

NO help to the girl and as far as I can see only an ego-massaging contest of who knows the most Bible passages. (or who can copy and paste the most passages from the electronic version more likely......)

Let those of us whose bible is more up to date, i.e. the bible of the world around us try and help out this lady which centuries and layers of dogma has thus far prevented any one else helping her out.

Really? So i guess all those exorcisms, and stories of people rebuking demons in the name of Jesus is all crap too. Oh, and I know someone who has had a confrontation with a demon and used Jesus' name. If you would like to know more than U2U me, otherwise, don't interject with an opinion of that sort. We aren't arguing over who knows more about the bible, we are trying to help this person. It is great that you have read every page in the bible, try taking the words in and believing.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Really? So i guess all those exorcisms, and stories of people rebuking demons in the name of Jesus is all crap too.

Erm, yes. A big stinking pile of it.

Oh, and I know someone who has had a confrontation with a demon and used Jesus' name.

I found speaking firmly to them worked quite well. In your friend's case, I'd say the "demon" decided it didn't want to listen to a load of Jesus twaddle.

don't interject with an opinion of that sort.

Forgive me, but isn't exchanging opinions the raison d'etre of this site?

We aren't arguing over who knows more about the bible,

The posts bulging with pasted-in scriptures a while back seemed to be a bit of a christian pi$$ing contest, IMHO.

we are trying to help this person.

Really? I have yet to see anything resembling help. If you call regurgitating bible passages help, I'd hate to be in an emergency with you. Quick! The house is on fire! Quote some scripture!

Although, bless your little socks, if quoting scripture is what you do to help, then quote away. Maybe something practical is in order, I say.

It is great that you have read every page in the bible, try taking the words in and believing.

You may have misinterpreted what I said, so I apoligise. I was once a Minister for the Word, but I haven't read all the bible. I didn't see very much in it for me. I find the world around me and the people I meet a more vital source of wisdom. Including, with honest and sincere respect, your opinions and knowledge. I treat this source of wisdom as my "bible" as it were. I think the book you refer to may be slightly out of date and irrelevant. Especially to this situation.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ok did NOBODY listen to my post at all??!?!?

apparently not.....because we are still arguing

So heres the deal.....if there is still gonna be an argument .....lets take it to a differnt thread please.

The author of this thread wants help. so unless you have constructive advice pertaining to the situation......i say buh bye to you

Here..... ill apologize for the protestant side for the hijacking of this thread....
no more hard feelings k? and if there is.....then well...i guess we will see your argument in ANOTHER thread.

so back to the topic.................................

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It would help if the lady in question got back to us about the various views being bandied about.

Arguing?

I thought we were having a rather nice debate there!!

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
we really should take this to a new post. However, what exactly is it we are arguing, I can't seem to figure it out. Is it whether Catholicism vs. Christianity, or is it Christianity vs. whatever?

I appologize myself. However, in the case of this person, I believe that Jesus can help. However, this thread has taken a mighty U-Turn into a debate about several different topics.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

we really should take this to a new post. However, what exactly is it we are arguing, I can't seem to figure it out. Is it whether Catholicism vs. Christianity, or is it Christianity vs. whatever?

I love it when the protestants always get the last word in and THEN say let's stop this now!

BTW Catholics are Christians for your information.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   

You are telling him to go to the shepard,
and you claim the shepard is the Priests?

No. The AUTHOR said she's Catholic so after people said to
stay away from her pastor I said to go ahead and go. If
the author had been protestant and people had said to stay
away from what ever protestant church she was going to I
would have told her to go to her minister. If she had been
Jewish and people said stay away from the Rabbi, I would
have told her to go to the Rabbi.

Priests, Ministers, and Rabbis are (supposed to be) there for
spiritual guidance. To tell people not to go to them, especially
after the person has chosen that religion (what ever it is), is
just wrong.

I'll repeat what I said to begin with -

1 - Go to a medical doctor and a psychologist. Get the physical
checked out first. Could be a chemical imbalance. Could be a
psychological problem. Those are the most probable.

2 - Go to your spiritual director. If not satisfied, then go to another.
Being Catholic, I'd say check with the monasteries because the
priests there are more adept at the spirtworld than parish priests
are. The parish priests handle more earthly things (marriage problems,
kids misbehaving, etc.).

That's it from me. Good luck.
Hope all works out well for you.
Keep us up to date. Obviously
many folks here are hoping for
the best for ya'.

(BTW Ryan - Jesus, the Good Shephard, told Peter three times -
Feed My sheep, feed my sheep, feed my sheep. The Good Shephard
has someone watching His flocks with Him - Peter.)

[edit on 4/28/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mahree

Thank you. If I had any more way above points I'd
give ya' one. It always makes me laugh when some
people put Catholics out from under the Christian umbrella.

Until the author of this thread comes back and provides more
information or an update ... there really isn't much that can be
said to help her. I don't know if any substantial help has actually
been given .... we all need feedback.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Mahree

Thank you. If I had any more way above points I'd
give ya' one. It always makes me laugh when some
people put Catholics out from under the Christian umbrella.

Until the author of this thread comes back and provides more
information or an update ... there really isn't much that can be
said to help her. I don't know if any substantial help has actually
been given .... we all need feedback.

If you can't understand what I was saying by the idea of Catholics vs Christians than I dont know how you survive. It saves space and time to clump all the christians, aside from catholics, together. I wasn't saying anything about catholicism not being Christian. Oh yeah, and a little FYI, i am catholic. Baptized and confirmed.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just for the record...I was trying to end it before a catholic got to give the last word. My gosh! all of you people are going to take EVERYTHING wrong.

i just said take it to a new thread...and on behalf of the protestant side i apologize....

SEE AN APOLOGY...no hidden agenda.......
and when its a fight its not evangelising anymore..its just stupid.

so instead of attacking my peace offering...why dont ya just move it to a new thread

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
and now i have the last word and i am neither protestand nor catholic.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, actually there's a lot the Catholic Church teaches in this realm. First, only you know what family members and yoursel have done yo open yourselves to this sort of experience, but the Church teaches that activities such as yoga, seances, reiki, psychic readings, ouiqi boards, etc. make you more suspectible to the spirit plane. The Church acknowldges that these things work, but the down side is that you make yourself more susceptible to attacks from unfriendly forces. Therefore, stay away from these things or your situation can get worse! Second, I actually had a friend who was in a similar situation. You can have yourself and your house blessed by your priest. If this doesn't work, then move to an exorcisim of the house.

PS some good facts have been put out there about the Church, but if anyone wants to talk about it with an informed Catholic, u2u me.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Removed per mod request ..

[edit on 4/29/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scifemme
Ok, actually there's a lot the Catholic Church teaches in this realm. First, only you know what family members and yoursel have done yo open yourselves to this sort of experience, but the Church teaches that activities such as yoga, seances, reiki, psychic readings, ouiqi boards, etc. make you more suspectible to the spirit plane. The Church acknowldges that these things work, but the down side is that you make yourself more susceptible to attacks from unfriendly forces. Therefore, stay away from these things or your situation can get worse! .

I agree with the above statement. Protestants or at least for me as a missori synod lutheran, we are taught these things as well. Although i havent heard the one about yoga. Are you refereing to yoga as the meditation and chant..or are you refering to the physical body work out that people do to get in shape? i think the getting in shape form of yoga isnt bad but the meditative chanting kind could be of harm.

Anyway...if you let certain forces in that you do not have the divine knowledge to identify or control...which is 99.99999% of the planet...then this very well could be the cause of your situation. The bible actually talks about situations like this that have happened to people. Follow the advice given there if you need help. You can also go to your pastor/priest for guidance on this as well.

Kind Regards,
Digital Grl

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
To the thread starter: The best advice provided to you thus far in this thread is to seek medical assistance, even though I gather that your posting your denomination leads you to believe that the issue is not one medical science can resolve, and to disassociate yourself from this being a religious matter. Consider that you find in here a non-Catholic but supposedly devout Christian warning you away from that religion, while s/he themself still pray for Jesus' help to rid him/her of their bouts of oppression. while on the other hand you have another devout Christian claiming that all you need do is ask Jesus for the help and you will be healed.

You made mention of trying to be goth which suggests to me that it could also be your environment contributing to or exacerbating the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the thread starter has yet to reply again, so did they start this because they are having a problem. Or did they start this to create confusion and division and start squabbling? Something isn't right.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join